Thread: Slow charging car charger

Feedback Score

Slow charging car charger

So I'm using a Aukey 3.0 Quick Charge in my car ('08 Camry) which fast charging is working great.
    I recently got a '16 Honda Pilot and so I brought over that charger into the pilot but for whatever reason it will only do slow charging. There's 2 cigarette adapter and and a usb port, I tried all.
    Does anyone have any idea what is the problem?

Feedback Score
    Sounds odd ....... is it same charger and same phone and plugs into 12VDC? Try them in the Camry or another car.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
    So I'm using a Aukey 3.0 Quick Charge in my car ('08 Camry) which fast charging is working great.
    I recently got a '16 Honda Pilot and so I brought over that charger into the pilot but for whatever reason it will only do slow charging. There's 2 cigarette adapter and and a usb port, I tried all.
    Does anyone have any idea what is the problem?
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Google LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a similar question, though not exactly the same but close enough I would be appreciative if I could piggy back on this.

I just got a galaxy S8, I have a car power point charger (generic but is a 2.1A charger) when I plug the S8 into this it tells me its only able to slow charge, and proceeds to charge at 56ma or so. Now on other phones the 2.1 charger will charge at or about 2000ma.

Feedback Score
    Yup same charger, cable and phone.

Feedback Score
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? Could be the S8 is really picky and needs special signals or internal wiring your charger does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Black69Camaro View Post
    I have a similar question, though not exactly the same but close enough I would be appreciative if I could piggy back on this.

I just got a galaxy S8, I have a car power point charger (generic but is a 2.1A charger) when I plug the S8 into this it tells me its only able to slow charge, and proceeds to charge at 56ma or so. Now on other phones the 2.1 charger will charge at or about 2000ma.

Device(s)
    Google LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? Could be the S8 is really picky and needs special signals or internal wiring your charger does not have.
    I was using the stock charger cable, but your likely correct about the wiring, I remember years back if the data wiring was in the loop it would act like it was connected to pc and only charge slow. This could be similar. which means I need to find a DC car charger with compatible s8 quick charger