Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    Attachment 161679

Ps: I still have the green banner telling me to upgrade to the 8 gb plan...
    Did it deduct auto pay discount first month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    You are on old plan, right? I have same thing, I only get 1gb Walmart promo so start off with 22gb but I never use enough data so plan is overkill. I just don't want to switch to new because after eBay discount it's only like extra $3 a month
    That's correct. Its the old plan, but almost every month I have to call to fix my carryover.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are Verizon Prepaid dealers still offering double data for life? A friend of mine wanted to get on the 6GB plan, but now all of the eBay sellers only seem to offer 3GB. The best I could find was 6GB for the first month and then 3GB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Auto Pay

I have avaliable funds in my account for the next couple of months.

In the My Verizon app under manage auto pay it says $37.80 and underneath that it says:

They will charge my charge card on the 10th of each month. If I have funds avaliable, my auto pay charge may be less than $37.80.

This reads to imply that If I let my avaliable funds run out, this is what auto pay would put on my charge card. Is this correct?

On the flip side I did a test with adding funds of $40 and my total charge to my card would have been $43.80.

Someone set me straight please.

Feedback Score
    ATT prepaid now has unlimited for $45, and unlimited with no video throttle and 10GB hotspot for $55. Verizon prepaid really needs to start competing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoward View Post
    ATT prepaid now has unlimited for $45, and unlimited with no video throttle and 10GB hotspot for $55. Verizon prepaid really needs to start competing.
    those prices are promo and also included autopay. Also why wait on Verizon just go with at&t then.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Also $25 for 8G if paid for 1 year in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Just make sure you have good coverage for your needs since you have prepaid for a year
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    I wish Verizon would follow suit. I would actually like this type of plan on a Verizon network backbone. I already have an annual plan on FreedomPop to work as backup data plan with AT&T coverage, and this would be a great primary voice and data plan.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Well, if you get a “party” of four people on Visible, you pay $25 for unlimited on the Verizon network.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Aren’t we overdue for new plans? It seems like prepaid traditionally revamps their plans every November.

Feedback Score
    Aren’t we overdue for new plans? It seems like prepaid traditionally revamps their plans every November.
    Considering they've been doing this double data promos basically all year and they are still losing prepaid subs they are going to have to dramatically change up their prepaid offerings. If 16 GB for $45 isn't pulling in customers you need a new approach. I says dump the 500 MB/1 GB option. Seriously, whose using that? And those that are can go elsewhere for cheaper anyway. Look at T-Mobile's offerings.

Single Line

$40 - 10 GB
    $50 - Unlimited data - hotspot at 600 kbps max
    $60 - Unlimited data - 10 GB LTE hotspot then 600 kbps max.( If you go over 50 GB total at least 25 GB have to be non-hotspot use )

Why pay $65 for unlimited and ZERO hotspot. And before you talk about coverage T-Mobile is closing that gap daily.

Verizon being Verizon is never going to match that( not yet, maybe in 2-3 years when they have no choice ). So here's what they could do

$35 currently 3 GB increase to 8 GB. ( remember 6 GB ain't selling )
    $45 currently 8 GB increase to 20 GB( remember 16 GB ain't selling either )
    $60 Unlimited - Hotspot at 600 kbps( So $5 decrease and hotspot added )

I still think that would be underwhelming and I think Verizon won't have the balls to do even that. I can see them doing something halfbaked like.

$30 - 3 GB
    $35 - 6 GB
    $45 - 16 GB
    $60 Unlimited with 3G hotspot

And yes that's just increasing the bottom plan from 500 MB to 3 GB and making the double data promos permanent on the next 2 plans and giving hotspot to unlimited with a $5 decrease. Because that's Verizon. Now if they offered a double data promo on top of that then that something different

Feedback Score
    I don’t think they should dump the 500/1 GB plan. There are plenty of people using it, for example my pre-teen daughter, who does not (yet) use a lot of data. A lot of elderly people with basic phones don’t use a lot of data either. The better option would be to make that plan dirt cheap, and increase data for all more expensive plans that could be price-adjusted to bring them in line with competition.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    I don’t think they should dump the 500/1 GB plan. There are plenty of people using it, for example my pre-teen daughter, who does not (yet) use a lot of data. A lot of elderly people with basic phones don’t use a lot of data either. The better option would be to make that plan dirt cheap, and increase data for all more expensive plans that could be price-adjusted to bring them in line with competition.
    I could see them do this with a couple of modifications:
    The 500/1GB plan loses all data, other than an option to buy by GB or purchase the safety mode for 3G speeds. That would still keep the people who want a talk/text phone, which they could use to push the data plans as an upgrade. I think AT&T prepaid does similar already.
    It would also compete with Total Wireless, which as a similar plan for $25.

The problem is that most of the recognizable MVNOs (TracFone brands, Cricket, Metro) haven't changed their pricing as aggressively as they had been. Mostly those MVNOs are promoting 'value adds' that not everyone uses such as 'free' amazon, or 'free' music services. AT&T has been running more promo plans as well, so in Verizon's eyes they are staying the course because "everyone else is." We probably won't see this change much until T-Mobile has a better footprint and more clout (which is one of the perceived pros to the Sprint merger).

The smaller MVNOs are more assertive on pricing, which is kinda why Verizon is allowing Visible to be as well. There's pros and cons to this: as Visible does have some things the smaller MVNOs don't have, while the smaller ones can work with older devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I could see them do this with a couple of modifications:
    The 500/1GB plan loses all data, other than an option to buy by GB or purchase the safety mode for 3G speeds. That would still keep the people who want a talk/text phone, which they could use to push the data plans as an upgrade. I think AT&T prepaid does similar already.
    It would also compete with Total Wireless, which as a similar plan for $25.

The problem is that most of the recognizable MVNOs (TracFone brands, Cricket, Metro) haven't changed their pricing as aggressively as they had been. Mostly those MVNOs are promoting 'value adds' that not everyone uses such as 'free' amazon, or 'free' music services. AT&T has been running more promo plans as well, so in Verizon's eyes they are staying the course because "everyone else is." We probably won't see this change much until T-Mobile has a better footprint and more clout (which is one of the perceived pros to the Sprint merger).

The smaller MVNOs are more assertive on pricing, which is kinda why Verizon is allowing Visible to be as well. There's pros and cons to this: as Visible does have some things the smaller MVNOs don't have, while the smaller ones can work with older devices.
    There’s T-Mobile at it...

https://twitter.com/tmobile/status/1...682416640?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast