Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score

New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1527712179.956999.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  37.7 KB

Downtown Redwood City, CA
    My AT&T line is doing 105/26
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cell View Post
    I just activated a SIM card that I bought on Ebay with the $60 plan with double data for 24.99.
    It was sold by a dealer in Houston.
    Just ordered a $40/3+3GB sim for $5 this morning to try out on my Moto E4. Seller is in FL also has $60 plan for $25. Plans includes hotspot, right? Or not?
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Just ordered a $40/3+3GB sim for $5 this morning to try out on my Moto E4. Seller is in FL also has $60 plan for $25. Plans includes hotspot, right? Or not?
    All Verizon prepaid plans include mobile hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Btw the listing on that page is not showing the data increases with plans. So it generates when you activate? Plus I tried to see different pricing but it doesn’t show anything different unless I’m doing it wrong

Feedback Score
    Thanks to some previous posters, I found and ordered the $50/14GB sim on eBay for $25.00. My seller is in NY.

They said once I’ve confirmed receipt of the SIM, they’d begin the activation process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    Thanks to some previous posters, I found and ordered the $50/14GB sim on eBay for $25.00. My seller is in NY.

They said once I’ve confirmed receipt of the SIM, they’d begin the activation process.

And can you repeat this monthly? Or is that a one month new customer deal only ?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    All Verizon prepaid plans include mobile hotspot.

Thanks, I've never used Verizon before but thought I'd dip my toe in and give it a try since I have a couple Verizon Moto E4s.
    Looks like the double data promo ends 6/25?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    And can you repeat this monthly? Or is that a one month new customer deal only ?

The $25 price is only good for the first month, but my refills will always pay for 14GB’s of data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    The $25 price is only good for the first month, but my refills will always pay for 14GB’s of data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So $50 per month after that first month on $25. All with 14gigs available on hotspot or phone. I speed limits on the 14gigs

Only trick I can see is the issue of activating. If you already have any flavor of Verizon you may need to port your number out to TING or such. Then port it back in a couple weeks later.

Feedback Score
    So $50 per month after that first month on $25. All with 14gigs available on hotspot or phone. I speed limits on the 14gigs

Only trick I can see is the issue of activating. If you already have any flavor of Verizon you may need to port your number out to TING or such. Then port it back in a couple weeks later.

The listing said 14 GB’s at 4G LTE speed, so I’m assuming that’s true.

Had Verizon prepaid a year ago but switched to Sprint because they offered 1 year of unlimited everything for the cost of taxes, which ended up being about $10.00/month.

My year is up at the end of July, and I’m not going to go back to paying taxes, fees, surcharges, fees on surcharges, taxes on fees on surcharges or any other combination that comes with post paid plans, so I’m going to switch back to Verizon prepaid.

I could have probably saved a few dollars and went with a cheaper plan because I’m nearly always on WiFi, but having the data as a hotspot for my son is a necessity. Hopefully the porting process will be quick and simple, as it was a year ago.

I’m using an unlocked iPhone 7 that I bought from Apple, so there should be zero issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Meteor View Post
    Verizon holds the license, the small wireless company builds the VoLTE network. In these cases, your LTE roaming is included.
    If there are roaming areas still with only CDMA coverage, then, yes, you will be charged, but those areas are getting less and less.
    I would say go with it. With no contracts, you can always switch carriers if you need to.
    Are these cdma-only roaming areas more likely to be encountered on verizon pp or a verizon mvno?
    That would give verizon that much more of an edge over an mvno...which are mainly attractive to me because I'd be getting 50% more data for the same price or less. The hotspot, rollover features, etc are not lost on me though.

I haven't been on contract in years but I really wouldn't want to lose my phone number.. and switching back and forth for experimental purposes with a failed port somewhere is a bit worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I just finished talking to them, You would have to give up your numbers, they would assign you a new one as a new customer. It's a new customer's promotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Wonder you could open account then port in later from Verizon postpaid?
    Genius. Would hope that can work.
    Ah, see this would be my situation, already in postpaid. What will it take to know for sure if this might work? Not until the next billing cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth1 View Post
    This is going to be available through VZW prepaid dealers only. Verizon can not prevent existing customers from porting out and then back in later. However, porting out and back in would be frowned upon greatly by Verizon. Most dealers would not recommend doing that. But you can always just add a new line of service.
    Out and back in... meaning post to pre, to use the data.. then to post again? I would be making the switch permanently from post -assuming my data speeds didn't get cut to 10% of current and I didn't notice depriotiziation- and the switch would be permanent. Frowned on, like... blacklisting your number?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Bought one of the double data SIM cards off eBay for $16.99 for $40/3GB plan. Got it activated and got the 6GB of data. If this renews monthly with 6GB of data it's a pretty sweet deal. I normally only use about 3GB monthly so with rollover I'll start each month with 9GB of data. I use my Google Voice number as my one and only number so switching cell lines/numbers is no big deal to me. My original line has the $40/3GB plan (with the Walmart bonus 1GB) but if the double data plan holds up and renews I'll just drop my original line.

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...-sims-now.html

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought the preloaded 20 GB SIM off eBay for $45 and the seller does porting too, not too many seem to do so. I hope the deprioritization isn't bad, it looks like all prepaid plans have it now.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I just bought the preloaded 20 GB SIM off eBay for $45 and the seller does porting too, not too many seem to do so. I hope the deprioritization isn't bad, it looks like all prepaid plans have it now.
    Great point. If the seller will desk with porting it can be a good arrangement to change.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    I understand these plans require that we get a new phone number assigned during registration, but has anyone heard of any issue with porting in an existing number from another carrier after registration and being able to keep the double data promo on your plan?

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast