Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
    I understand these plans require that we get a new phone number assigned during registration, but has anyone heard of any issue with porting in an existing number from another carrier after registration and being able to keep the double data promo on your plan?
    According to this, it cannot be done. The pertinent portion is in the answer to question 3.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...tability-faqs/

"You can't replace an existing prepaid number with a ported number. You can only port when activating a new prepaid account."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe37 View Post
    According to this, it cannot be done. The pertinent portion is in the answer to question 3.

"You can't replace an existing prepaid number with a ported number. You can only port when activating a new prepaid account."
    Question for you. Was in communication with an eBay seller of the prepaid plan sims. Tried and was unable, today, to port directly from postpaid vzw to prepaid vzw.
    May be an obvious duh, but from talking with corporate, he seemed to have, or at least told me he had, the green flag, from those familiar with the process.
    The port error, however, said the number was not eligible.

My question is..Given your answer to Art.. can I port out of vzw post..to another carrier, prepaid, for a day or a few..I.e. Tmobile.. And then port in to Verizon prepaid as a new customer and retain my number?

Is a new number unavoidable, or do I just have to be coming from a non vzw carrier and create a new account..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatlakesguy View Post
    ...can I port out of vzw post..to another carrier, prepaid, for a day or a few..I.e. Tmobile.. And then port in to Verizon prepaid as a new customer and retain my number?
    I cannot answer the question with certainty, but I would wager that this would work. FWIW, I'm no expert on anything. I just wanted to do what art was trying to do--port my number into another already established V prepaid account. Through research it became clear that V doesn't allow this. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe37 View Post

Wow, that's outdated. I can't speak to whether you'll keep the bonus data if you change numbers, but you can port in now. I just pulled this a minute ago...
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Wow, that's outdated. I can't speak to whether you'll keep the bonus data if you change numbers, but you can port in now. I just pulled this a minute ago...
    No way, ok, that solves a technical part of my question. Getting a new number then porting in...Can be done.
    For someone who didn't care about the double data, this lets them keep their number. Thanks for that.

Do you think there's a certain number of "days" needed for me to clear the VZW system..If I left and came back? Or once I've ported off their network and have established service with another carrier, I could come back, even same day..?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

SUCCESS! I had a new unused SIM, so bought just the activation/1st month from an eBay seller who was very helpful. I was indeed able to port in my number from another carrier and still get the double data.

Note, the SIM I had was from a Walmart "Bring Your Own Device" SIM kit (if I recall it was $9.99), and after the dealer from eBay got me activated and I looked online at my account, I have 16GB total (7GB for $50 plan + 7GB bonus for double data + 2GB bonus from what must be the Walmart bonus.

Here's the seller I dealt with - very fast service:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 953
Size:  42.8 KB

Feedback Score
    SUCCESS! I had a new unused SIM, so bought just the activation/1st month from an eBay seller who was very helpful. I was indeed able to port in my number from another carrier and still get the double data.

Note, the SIM I had was from a Walmart "Bring Your Own Device" SIM kit (if I recall it was $9.99), and after the dealer from eBay got me activated and I looked online at my account, I have 16GB total (7GB for $50 plan + 7GB bonus for double data + 2GB bonus from what must be the Walmart bonus.
    Congrats. I bought from the same guy. Helpful indeed.

Porting in the number from another carrier, was, I thought, the entire point of the promotion. (Not sure they care so much about you taking a new number from them as you paying them to service your number).

What carrier did you come over from?

What the seller & I were unable to do was activate my Vzw prepaid account, porting in from postpaid. Which as mentioned, those he talked with thought it was possible.

Along with what MKV posted..Makes me wonder if I can get a new number in pre, then port in from post vzw. To At would be 1 step less direct.
    Or..if I'd have to move my post number to another carrier, then port in to pre. More risky and would like to avoid if possible. I will if I must tho

Feedback Score
    I also bought a SIM from EBay for the double data promotion and ported my number from Sprint postpaid. The process was super easy and quick.

One issue I had was after activation I couldn’t set WiFi calling on my iPhone 7. A message kept coming up to call Verizon, and when I did I was told only the iPhone 8/X were compatible with WiFi calling. I told the guy I had Verizon prepaid 1 year earlier with the same phone and had WiFi calling, so he “dug” some more and came back to tell me he activated WiFi calling on my phone. He also said that he activated HD voice or something like that.

I’ll be interested to see next month if I’m still getting the extra 7GB data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I just bought the preloaded 20 GB SIM off eBay for $45 and the seller does porting too, not too many seem to do so. I hope the deprioritization isn't bad, it looks like all prepaid plans have it now.
    It depends on your area. In mine, the DC area, I get identical speeds on prepaid as post paid. The only two locations I have slowdowns on prepaid, also occur on post paid.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Here's the seller I dealt with - very fast service:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 953
Size:  42.8 KB
    Oh now that's slick, I didn't know that they'd activate your own SIM card, shoot. That's a killer way to double dip on promos. If you get the $60 plan, that could be 22 GB for $57 via CallingMart. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    It depends on your area. In mine, the DC area, I get identical speeds on prepaid as post paid. The only two locations I have slowdowns on prepaid, also occur on post paid.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
    I'm not noticing a significant difference between this and my work iPhone on Verizon postpaid.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Bought one of the double data SIM cards off eBay for $16.99 for $40/3GB plan. Got it activated and got the 6GB of data. If this renews monthly with 6GB of data it's a pretty sweet deal. I normally only use about 3GB monthly so with rollover I'll start each month with 9GB of data. I use my Google Voice number as my one and only number so switching cell lines/numbers is no big deal to me. My original line has the $40/3GB plan (with the Walmart bonus 1GB) but if the double data plan holds up and renews I'll just drop my original line.

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...-sims-now.html
    So my double data plan renewed last night. As expected, I got the double data again plus 3GB rollover for a total of 9GB.

The double data promotion ends on 6-25. Anyone that wants "double data for life" on VZW prepaid has 4 days left to lock it in.

Feedback Score
    This promo has been extended until July 23, 2018.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth1 View Post
    This promo has been extended until July 23, 2018.
    Thanks, that's good to know.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    I wonder how much of the 14 GB’s can roll over to the next month. I’m guessing it’ll be just 7, since that’s the base plan amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Now available from Verizon prepaid directly, new lines only.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast