Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score

New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Not too sure about that. Look at the chart again. Appears lowest payment amount for 30-day expiration is $15.
    You’re right, my bad. I think even the better thing to do is what @taoman said and buy a $100 card in 89 days, which will extend the expiration out beyond when the credit will run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Another option is to bumpy to higher plan and guarantee you use those credits before they expire and learn to pace when you load to Verizon account in the future. Just a thought. I emailed my seller and let’s see what they say.

Ian B
    I thought that if we changed plans once we have the double data plan that you lose the double data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    So I redeem a card once every month or two to make sure my balance will not expire after the $90 day limit. Since every time you redeem a card for those amounts, the 90 day clock starts over.
    So if card 2 is added 2 weeks after card 1... and the clock restarts...do you effectively have 104 days for card 1 and a fresh 90 for card 2?
    Then repeating in a week effectively adds 7 days (restarts you with 90) for all prior activated cards?
    For those of us who don't have the $75 plan, the account will run out of credit before it runs out of time, but I want to understand how this works and how to time it.
    I typically keep a running balance of around $200. And then by adding more to that every couple of months ensures that the balance will not expire.
    Is this to keep you over the $100 amount that gives you 365 day expiration?
    Although I'll probably redeem all of these ebay cards at one time. i still have more Target cards to use. So I'll redeem all of these Ebay cards this week. And won't redeem another Target verizon refill card until October 1st.
    So the 5 you got would be over $100 in credit so while they won't last you 5 months, you'd have 12 before it was removed from the account...?
    I will add another refill pin to my account on October 1st. Otherwise, 90 days from today, any balance I still have would expire. And right now my balance is $461. And I'm on the unlimited plan so they are pulling $75 out each month on the first. So on OCtober 1st my balance will be down to $236.
    How can you have a balance over $100 and have it expire in a few months? Will 90 days from today, for your account, be 365 days since the credit was added? Otherwise, you're adding over $100...so it seems like that would have a year of life...and you have over $100 in it, which seems would only expire if you were at the end of the year... but I haven't grasped how this works yet.

Feedback Score
    Indeed. I was going to send you a PM if you didn't see this thread about the wrong information I gave you regarding PINs expiring even after adding them to your VZW account. This obviously puts a new slant on things. You will have to time things out so you don't lose your balance.
    Appreciate that. The good news is, I was only just figuring out how this worked, if the balance never expiring...so this puts me back at yesterday's level of "understanding"...

By the way, that "guy's" name appears to be Marcia.
    That. is funny. he, she, they seemed reasonable when messaging me. Maybe his wife does the customer service? Maybe he is the wife. hmm.

I have the $40 3GB plan with double data. Yes, I actually get 6GB of data but my base plan remains at 3GB so that's the most that can ever be carried over to the next month.
    Same here, but now I'm a bit confused...I'll check my saved notes, but from talking with a chat agent, I was under the impression that ANY data left carried over, then expired the next month. So, use 1gb... carry over 5 to month 2, giving you 11gb..back to 6 on month 3. Sounds like 9 is the ceiling..?
    Holy crap I was wrong about this. I really didn't think VZW would keep track of this once it was added to your account.
    Take aaronwt's advice about adding a $10 card when you get close to your 90 days so you won't lose your balance.
    Attachment 158878
    I can't find where I saw him say that $10 card...but I remember it... so now my question is...why? If I add $80 of cards to my account...that's 2 months...which will run me out of credit in 60 days, not 90...so I don't understand the purpose of extending credits...even for those who pay $75 a month, it sounds like a $100 credit gives you a year. Is someone trying to further extend after using the 365 days?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatlakesguy View Post
    So if card 2 is added 2 weeks after card 1... and the clock restarts...do you effectively have 104 days for card 1 and a fresh 90 for card 2?
    Then repeating in a week effectively adds 7 days (restarts you with 90) for all prior activated cards?
    For those of us who don't have the $75 plan, the account will run out of credit before it runs out of time, but I want to understand how this works and how to time it.

Is this to keep you over the $100 amount that gives you 365 day expiration?

So the 5 you got would be over $100 in credit so while they won't last you 5 months, you'd have 12 before it was removed from the account...?

How can you have a balance over $100 and have it expire in a few months? Will 90 days from today, for your account, be 365 days since the credit was added? Otherwise, you're adding over $100...so it seems like that would have a year of life...and you have over $100 in it, which seems would only expire if you were at the end of the year... but I haven't grasped how this works yet.
    No matter your balance, if you add say a $40 card, then your 90 days for the entire balance starts from there. Then if you add a refill a week later, your entire balance has 90 days from that date.

I have not run into any $100 cards. But that would be nice to get a year without worrying about expiration.

Feedback Score
    Is there any way to check online when your balance expiration date is?

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score

Same here, but now I'm a bit confused...I'll check my saved notes, but from talking with a chat agent, I was under the impression that ANY data left carried over, then expired the next month. So, use 1gb... carry over 5 to month 2, giving you 11gb..back to 6 on month 3. Sounds like 9 is the ceiling..?
    9GB is the ceiling for the $40 plan. You can only carry over the amount of data for your plan. The $40 plan has 3GB of data so that is the max that can ever carry over. The double data is a bonus and none of that can carry over to the next month. Your plan looks like this and that's all that can carry over to the next month.
    Name:  VZWplan.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  13.4 KB
    The exact wording is "With on-time payment, unused data will carry over to the next month up to your plan allowance."
    Your plan allowance is 3GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatlakesguy
    I can't find where I saw him say that $10 card...but I remember it... so now my question is...why? If I add $80 of cards to my account...that's 2 months...which will run me out of credit in 60 days, not 90...so I don't understand the purpose of extending credits...even for those who pay $75 a month, it sounds like a $100 credit gives you a year. Is someone trying to further extend after using the 365 days?
    A single $100 payment, not $100 credit, gives you a 1-year expiration date. I added $200 worth of PINs today. That doesn't give me a year's expiration. The largest single payment I made was $40. So my expiration is 90 days.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusters View Post
    Is there any way to check online when your balance expiration date is?
    Login to My Verizon and click on View Balance Details and then click on the Credits column heading. Look at your last payment. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Feedback Score
    No matter your balance, if you add say a $40 card, then your 90 days for the entire balance starts from there. Then if you add a refill a week later, your entire balance has 90 days from that date.
    Ok, so the entire account balance is extended; not tracking individual dates even if they differ on how much extension they qualify the account for.

The exact wording is "With on-time payment, unused data will carry over to the next month [B]up to your plan allowance[B].
    I swear I was told otherwise...but sounds like this is the answer regardless. I was trying to rollover 4.5gb for a trip next month...sounds like I may as well use it in the next week and a half.

A single $100 payment, not $100 credit, gives you a 1-year expiration date. I added $200 worth of PINs today. That doesn't give me a year's expiration. The largest single payment I made was $40. So my expiration is 90 days.
    WHOA now. THAT is big. So payments last longer than credits...why? Well, only verizon could say...so discounts like this make cash more valuable in terms of expiration date, it seems. Where did you find this out?

I have not run into any $100 cards. But that would be nice to get a year without worrying about expiration.
    So a $100 card isn't going to give you a year anyways then? I didn't understand how your $200 balance would expire in 90 days... but since it isn't a payment, but past credits, from what I'm gathering, that makes more sense.

Feedback Score
    Also, you'll have to add cards separately...so if it was payment amount, it would be more straightforward...for credits...adding 2 $40 cards gets 90 days...even though an $80 payment gets 180 days..correct? Or does adding 2 cards within a minute of each other qualify as an $80 payment.

Seems like it won't make sense to add these ~2 weeks before they're needed, which is where I'm at...otherwise I'd need a $10-15 card in the interim ... IF I was on a higher priced plan. As it is, I can still spare 2 weeks off the 90 days and run out of credit by then anyways.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Also, you'll have to add cards separately...so if it was payment amount, it would be more straightforward...for credits...adding 2 $40 cards gets 90 days...even though an $80 payment gets 180 days..correct?
    That is my understanding. But hey, I was wrong about the credit not expiring once it's in your VZW account so don't take my word for it. Maybe someone else can chime in and either confirm or deny what I'm saying. But that seems to be what aaronwt is saying also.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11