Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score
    2 GB $15

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie617 View Post
    2 GB $15

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Only if they are allowed to merge with Sprint. But yes Verizon is going to have a hard time justifying current plans when T-Mobile is giving 2 GB for $15 and 5 GB for $25. And each plan gets a 500 MB increase each year for the next 5 years. So after 5 years it's 4.5 GB and still $15 and 7.5 GB and still $25

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Only if they are allowed to merge with Sprint. But yes Verizon is going to have a hard time justifying current plans when T-Mobile is giving 2 GB for $15 and 5 GB for $25. And each plan gets a 500 MB increase each year for the next 5 years. So after 5 years it's 4.5 GB and still $15 and 7.5 GB and still $25
    There’s a lot of interesting things about this, but T-Mobile would also need to do a lot to get this an attractive plan to actually compete. 5G (by which I mean their low band) would need to be in most if not all of their coverage area by the time the merger closes. Otherwise this is going to annoy people: “why can’t I get 5G in [my outlying suburb] outside of [a reasonably large city]?” Hell, band 71 LTE isn’t active in several large metros yet (KC is one of those). T-Mobile isn’t bad, but the merger may put excessive strain on their network in the short term.

I wouldn’t be surprised if T-Mobile gets to be as bad on data priority as VZW or AT&T once the merger is final. They are going to gain a lot of customers from Sprint and they wouldn’t have that squatted spectrum usable for a while. We’ll see how that plays out.

I don’t expect this to change either VZW or AT&T’s plans until it actually happens. So 6 months at minimum, more likely around a year.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    There’s a lot of interesting things about this, but T-Mobile would also need to do a lot to get this an attractive plan to actually compete. 5G (by which I mean their low band) would need to be in most if not all of their coverage area by the time the merger closes. Otherwise this is going to annoy people: “why can’t I get 5G in [my outlying suburb] outside of [a reasonably large city]?” Hell, band 71 LTE isn’t active in several large metros yet (KC is one of those). T-Mobile isn’t bad, but the merger may put excessive strain on their network in the short term.
    T-Mobile can only deploy 600 MHz where the TV stations have switched or there are no stations that will be interfered with by T-Mobile.. The last phase, phase 10 ends July 3. Phase 6 just ended Oct 18th but there is 3 month break before phase 7 ends on Jan 17th.

I wouldn’t be surprised if T-Mobile gets to be as bad on data priority as VZW or AT&T once the merger is final. They are going to gain a lot of customers from Sprint and they wouldn’t have that squatted spectrum usable for a while. We’ll see how that plays out.
    Sprint customers will stay on Sprint's network for now unless they switch to T-Mobile. It'll take a couple of year to fully merge the two companies

I don’t expect this to change either VZW or AT&T’s plans until it actually happens. So 6 months at minimum, more likely around a year.
    it's been a year since Verizon last changed prepaid plans so they are way overdue. And despite having double data promo for almost that long they still continue to bleed prepaid customers. They should either get with the program or just stop offering prepaid. At this rate in 5 years they won't have any prepaid customers left anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Verizon prepaid lost me when they started the promotions, but not for existing customers. I switched to ATT Prepaid to get their bonus, and stayed with them for quite awhile until I switched to T-Mobile postpaid so I could add my Apple Watch cellular to a plan. I still have a verizon MVNO plan for travel emergency use.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile can only deploy 600 MHz where the TV stations have switched or there are no stations that will be interfered with by T-Mobile.. The last phase, phase 10 ends July 3. Phase 6 just ended Oct 18th but there is 3 month break before phase 7 ends on Jan 17th.
    Exactly. This will only make the "no low band 5G" arguments worse.
    Sprint customers will stay on Sprint's network for now unless they switch to T-Mobile. It'll take a couple of year to fully merge the two companies
    Sprint customers already have access to T-Mobile's LTE, and a few bands shows as like native because of MFBI. So it's still entirely possible for T-Mobile to force both networks to prioritize T-Mobile and somehow force Sprint customers using a deprioritized data network.
    it's been a year since Verizon last changed prepaid plans so they are way overdue. And despite having double data promo for almost that long they still continue to bleed prepaid customers. They should either get with the program or just stop offering prepaid. At this rate in 5 years they won't have any prepaid customers left anyway.
    Until AT&T does similar pricing moves, Verizon won't. They won't care if they lose customers in the meantime, because they still have the clout from postpaid in the short term and have their preferred MVNO partner in TracFone and their home-grown Visible.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

New Verizon Prepaid Plans

I prefer Visible over Verizon prepaid. $25 for unlimited everything, and hotspot. Hell yeah! Visible does have issues for certain users but it works perfectly for me. I don’t care about super fast data speeds. People get it, I do too. But I can do whatever I wanna do with no issues so I’m good.

Obviously with areas of poor Verizon performance, Visible will too. Also, LTE only! But I never lose service anyway and never saw 3G when I was with Verizon prepaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I personally would make different decisions if I only had 1 phone/line and multiple phones/lines. Visible, with it's reduced coverage vs Verizon Prepaid, isn't something I would want as my only phone. And would make it difficult for me to use as part of their new multiple lines/plan with family such as my brother in law who drives a truck, uses his phone for work, and frequently goes into an area in Oklahoma that isn't supported by Visible.

On the other hand, if I were to move my primary line back from postpaid, Visible would be an option since for most of MY usage, it would probably be good enough. And I have another phone on an inexpensive ($5/month) MVNO using ATT.

Feedback Score
    Looks like cricket is coming out with a $40 unlimited BYOD plan Friday, I assume that’s their answer to Visible for single lines. Meanwhile AT&T prepaid has unlimited for $45. It seems like at this point, whoever is running Verizon prepaid is either asleep at the wheel or doesn’t care. $65 for deprioritized unlimited with no hotspot is just super uncompetitive at this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoward View Post
    Looks like cricket is coming out with a $40 unlimited BYOD plan Friday, I assume that’s their answer to Visible for single lines. Meanwhile AT&T prepaid has unlimited for $45. It seems like at this point, whoever is running Verizon prepaid is either asleep at the wheel or doesn’t care. $65 for deprioritized unlimited with no hotspot is just super uncompetitive at this point.
    Verizon hasn't cared for a long time. Go back and check quarterly repots it's been years since prepaid has had any growth. Despite having double data promo most of the year in the 1st 3 quarters Verizon as lost 12% of it's prepaid subs. In fact the loss on the prepaid side eliminates 90% of the gains made in the postpaid side. You'd think Verizon should care. The money they get from Comcast or Charter or these other MVNOs is nothing next to what they could get if they had people using their own prepaid service

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon just added another promo on top of the Double Data promo: Port a new number into a new $50+ line, and after 2 months service get $60 in service credit.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    For the last year I've been on $50 vzw prepaid with 22gbs due to double data, carryover and a wmt bonus gb. Last month was the first month I tapped into the base 7gb... And I still started the month with almost 22gb

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31