Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatlakesguy View Post
    Paid $46.50 on eBay with taxes/emergency number fee? or was that a discount from the $50.. and then a total of closer to $50 after taxes, vs ~$55 normally..

That was the discounted price from eBay seller on $50 plan and my final payment on eBay. That price includes taxes/emergency number etc

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Paid $46.50 on eBay with taxes/emergency number fee? or was that a discount from the $50.. and then a total of closer to $50 after taxes, vs ~$55 normally..
    $46.50 was my final price from eBay seller w taxes/emergency included. Loaded to my Verizon account as $50

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    That was the discounted price from eBay seller on $50 plan and my final payment on eBay. That price includes taxes/emergency number etc

Ian B
    Wow, that's great! The chat agents are misleading then... didn't allow an earlier poster to get double data.. told me any purchased card would have taxes/emergency number ON TOP of card price. Sheesh, not very accurate.

Found an eBay seller with a few of these; seller is under the impression that the codes are good for 90 days... chat reps "say" the cards expire within 18-24 months of when they're made- how many would you guess one can safely buy in advance without risk of expiration?

Feedback Score
    Wow, that's great! The chat agents are misleading then... didn't allow an earlier poster to get double data.. told me any purchased card would have taxes/emergency number ON TOP of card price. Sheesh, not very accurate.

Found an eBay seller with a few of these; seller is under the impression that the codes are good for 90 days... chat reps "say" the cards expire within 18-24 months of when they're made- how many would you guess one can safely buy in advance without risk of expiration?
    Taoman who posted before me says he keeps 1-2 months credit from the cards so that is what I did too. Just playing it safe.

Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score

If you're going to buy several at one time is there any reason why you wouldn't add them all to your VZW account at once? Then you wouldn't have to worry about any expiration possibility.

When VZW had their discounted SIM activation kits I bought 18 of them and added 2 per month until I got them all added (VZW restricts changing your SIM card to twice per month). So right now I have $520 credit in my account which will last me over a year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    If you're going to buy several at one time is there any reason why you wouldn't add them all to your VZW account at once? Then you wouldn't have to worry about any expiration possibility.

When VZW had their discounted SIM activation kits I bought 18 of them and added 2 per month until I got them all added (VZW restricts changing your SIM card to twice per month). So right now I have $520 credit in my account which will last me over a year.
    This is exactly what I do. I loaded up $400 to my account a few months ago and now I don’t need to worry about it for four months.

Feedback Score

The perception of a few decades ago would likely have been someone on a prepaid plan was cash strapped and couldn't pay the year in advance..
    But yeah, I like the pre-purchasing idea.

The only thing still keeping me from doing it is when the credit expires; I'm not sure when these cards expire by- I think I have 2-3 months with them at this point.

But...18...does that mean you CHANGED your number 18 times? or ported a new sim to the acct (if that's how you'd say it) 2x each month?
    The first one I wouldn't want to do..the 2nd one is an interesting idea.. how discounted were the kits?

Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    This is exactly what I do. I loaded up $400 to my account a few months ago and now I don’t need to worry about it for four months.
    Where did you find the discounted cards? Not thru Verizon officially? So you were comfortable doing 4 months...might the cards expire if you did 12?

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The perception of a few decades ago would likely have been someone on a prepaid plan was cash strapped and couldn't pay the year in advance..
    But yeah, I like the pre-purchasing idea.
    Good point and I almost made a post to comment on that very issue. Doing this obviously isn't for everyone. But I just couldn't pass up the discounted SIM kits @ 24.99 each for $45 worth of credit to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatlakesguy
    The only thing still keeping me from doing it is when the credit expires; I'm not sure when these cards expire by- I think I have 2-3 months with them at this point.
    Well it won't be an issue if you add all your cards to your account at one time. That's my point. Buy a bunch of cards when they're on sale and add them all to your VZW account. Then you won't have to worry about expiration. Credit in your VZW account doesn't expire.

But...18...does that mean you CHANGED your number 18 times? or ported a new sim to the acct (if that's how you'd say it) 2x each month?
    Just called up the 800 number that came with the SIM kit and changed my SIM card number over the phone and instantly got $45 added to my account. I did this twice a month. No, I wouldn't be changing my phone number twice a month. Lol.

I bought the discounted SIM activation kits off the VZW web site. They are no longer available.

Feedback Score
    Good point and I almost made a post to comment on that very issue. Doing this obviously isn't for everyone. But I just couldn't pass up the discounted SIM kits @ 24.99 each for $45 worth of credit to your account.
    I hear ya on that...I'm willing to prepay the year for 1/2 that discount

Well it won't be an issue if you add all your cards to your account at one time. That's my point. Buy a bunch of cards when they're on sale and add them all to your VZW account. Then you won't have to worry about expiration. Credit in your VZW account doesn't expire.
    Did not know this, but brings up a concern I had from reading about it. Apparently prepaid refills are readily bought by credit card thiefs in money laundering, who sell the cards at a "loss" compared to face value but easily and quickly rid themselves of the merchandise.

When this happens, the credit card company sometimes catches it and shuts down the refill card somehow that was bought with the stolen card..and in some cases shuts down the account itself (that happened on a straight talk purchase). https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...t-Talk-refills

So I'm wondering how many of these cards that are $7-10 off, are stolen.. and if I unknowingly bought a stolen one and added it to my acct...want to avoid that.

i.e, one of the auctions I was looking at- https://www.ebay.com/itm/40-Verizon-...from=R40&rt=nc

I bought the discounted SIM activation kits off the VZW web site. They are no longer available. No, I wouldn't be changing my phone number twice a month. Lol
    Are they forever discontinued... seasonally returning..any idea...?
    Yeah, that would be a great story if someone was uber cheap...but also totally ridiculous.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score

So I'm wondering how many of these cards that are $7-10 off, are stolen.. and if I unknowingly bought a stolen one and added it to my acct...want to avoid that.
    Not saying it couldn't happen but I've yet to read of this issue with Verizon prepaid cards.

I've bought from this seller a few times without issue. Seller has 99% positive feedback, thousands of transactions, with ebay money back guarantee. As of the time of this post, he's sold 582 of just the $40 card. Do you really think seller with that many transactions and positive feedback rating might be using a stolen credit card for this? I'll take my chances.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Verizon-Wirel....c100009.m1982

Are they forever discontinued... seasonally returning..any idea...?
    Forever discontinued. The reason they were discounted was because VZW wanted to clear out their remaining inventory of SIM activation kits that gave $45 credit. Occasionally, one will pop up on ebay.

Feedback Score
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wirel...15284080Search this listing on eBay for $45.99 refill on $50 plan. Cheapest I have seen. Bought one last night and got pin within 2 hours.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    ebay has $25 off coupon code (PRIMO119) if spending $119 or more today only (7-17-18).

So you could buy 4 of the $40 VZW prepaid cards at $32.50 each. So $130 - $25. $105 isn't bad for 4 months worth of service.Name:  ebay.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  33.2 KB

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    ebay has $25 off coupon code (PRIMO119) if spending $119 or more today only (7-17-18).

So you could buy 4 of the $40 VZW prepaid cards at $32.50 each. So $130 - $25. $105 isn't bad for 4 months worth of service.Name:  ebay.JPG

Thanks.

I just did this only I ordered five of the $40 cards. Which gave me 5% off from the eBay seller along with the $25 off.

Order total

Subtotal $162.50
    Item discount -$8.15
    Shipping Free
    Total coupon amount -$25.00
    Total $129.35

The Ebay seller has some special deal where if you buy five or more refill cards you get 5% off your order.
    Which basically gives me one more $40 refill card for only $24.35 extra.

And overall gives me 35% off the normal price. So $200 of refill cards for under $130. Which is way better than the 14.5% off I've been getting from Target. Thanks again for the heads up!!

Feedback Score

Just bought 3 $50 cards for $137 minus disc code = $112. Great find, thx. Set for next 4 months paid.

Ian B.

Feedback Score

New Verizon Prepaid Plans

Can the pins you’re getting from eBay be used 4 - 5 months from now? Is an expiration date listed anywhere? I’m thinking about buying like 20 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast