Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: walmart cheap iphones?

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Free year sprint and truphone/att
    Feedback Score

walmart cheap iphones?

I personally think Iphone has the best software to run the world.. aka the iphone system is the best/most advanced there is.. so basically EVERYONE should have one.. end of story..

And though they are expensive even to get the iphone se's..

So just wondering if there has been any tricks figured out to making them cheaper.. cause I know the price of them at walmart/whatever.. is one of the best prices you can get?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    I personally think Iphone has the best software to run the world.. aka the iphone system is the best/most advanced there is.. so basically EVERYONE should have one.. end of story..

And though they are expensive even to get the iphone se's..

So just wondering if there has been any tricks figured out to making them cheaper.. cause I know the price of them at walmart/whatever.. is one of the best prices you can get?
    Bought a $140 iPhone se 32gb at Walmart on total wireless last fall. Brand new. Works great still.

Lately wish I could find a 128gb version used to upgrade to. No luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Bought a $140 iPhone se 32gb at Walmart on total wireless last fall. Brand new. Works great still.

Lately wish I could find a 128gb version used to upgrade to. No luck so far.

yah but how do you get it unlocked.. so I could use it on sprint or whoever.. for $140?????

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    yah but how do you get it unlocked.. so I could use it on sprint or whoever.. for $140?????
    You won't...they're cheap because they're being subsidized by the carrier so you can spend money on their service. Seems fair to me. But check out prepaidphonenews for a listing of the best current deals on phones. Also cricket wireless has $200 off iphones.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    You won't..
    I think your wrong.. this subject requires more research.. yes the $140 awesome iphone at walmart can be used with other carriers "I theorize" and I'm gonna search much harder on this then just listen to you :P

and for the record I have purchased 2 of these phones and yes.. did a trick (that no I won't reveal) but turned them into 2 working iphones.. aka on sprint accounts... if this trick was easy or not morally questionable? I would share it.. but yes I'm looking for a easier way to not use "said trick"

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    I think your wrong.. this subject requires more research.. yes the $140 awesome iphone at walmart can be used with other carriers "I theorize" and I'm gonna search much harder on this then just listen to you :P

and for the record I have purchased 2 of these phones and yes.. did a trick (that no I won't reveal) but turned them into 2 working iphones.. aka on sprint accounts... if this trick was easy or not morally questionable? I would share it.. but yes I'm looking for a easier way to not use "said trick"
    Said trick can be done with an RSim.

But in my case my $50 32Gb iPhone SE I bought new from MetroPCS just to use as a camera for my YouTube videos (so I don’t put my iPhone 8 in harms way). Magically unlocked itself last month even though I only used it on MetroPCS for 30 days.

Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Said trick can be done with an RSim.

But in my case my $50 32Gb iPhone SE I bought new from MetroPCS just to use as a camera for my YouTube videos (so I don’t put my iPhone 8 in harms way). Magically unlocked itself last month even though I only used it on MetroPCS for 30 days.
    can you elaborate further?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    can you elaborate further?
    RSim is a thing you get on eBay for a few dollars that does trickery to allow it to work. But it’s unreliable and not to be used for use if you want to rely on it always working right.

Your only way to get a cheap iPhone is to buy one used. Buying a new Walmart special to get one unlocked usually need to use it on that carrier for at least 6-12 months. Or pay for an unlock BUT if you pay for unlock you couldve of just already gotten one that was unlocked.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well it's too bad it's "unreliable"

my best guess at the other way to do it.. does require some modification of the cheap one at walmart.. "my guess"

Feedback Score
    It’s a lot shorter period for use of the iPhone SE on some carriers, after initial activation of subsidized carrier. Some only require 90 days. Some unlock after 30 days. No one is publishing much on the practicality of this gamble.

You still have a contract with the original carrier, that will not expire on that account or iPhone. But enforcement is difficult.

All the carriers have a IMEA entry online test. So you can test.

Feedback Score
    straight talk, and i assume all carlos slim/america movil/tracfone owned companies require 12 months of continuous service before you can unlock them. However, even after 12 months I have read horror stories due to their notoriously bad customer service.
    The best deal for an iphone se was probably the one at metropcs for $49, and at the time only required 3 months of service before unlock. Now metro pcs bumped that to 6 months

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    It’s a lot shorter period for use of the iPhone SE on some carriers, after initial activation of subsidized carrier. Some only require 90 days. Some unlock after 30 days. No one is publishing much on the practicality of this gamble.

You still have a contract with the original carrier, that will not expire on that account or iPhone. But enforcement is difficult.

All the carriers have a IMEA entry online test. So you can test.

well I have a very good "source" it's possible I can obtain the good information.. we all want :P and I understand learning the "work around" is very well worth money$$$.. listening to you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    straight talk, and i assume all carlos slim/america movil/tracfone owned companies require 12 months of continuous service before you can unlock them. However, even after 12 months I have read horror stories due to their notoriously bad customer service.
    yah that means the trick for me if that's true....

Feedback Score
    A Google search for "iphone use on any carrier" yields many results for various methods, some sketchier than others. But you're already familiar with one of them, it seems. My advice is to check out the Google results and see if any of the methods seem like less of a hassle than the one you tried before.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyDSpartan View Post
    A Google search for "iphone use on any carrier" yields many results for various methods, some sketchier than others. But you're already familiar with one of them, it seems. My advice is to check out the Google results and see if any of the methods seem like less of a hassle than the one you tried before.
    Get in a chat session with your current carrier. Ask them is the phone is UNLOCKED yet and how much longer you maybe locked to them. You might be surprised to hear you are not locked with them. And then unfortunately ugly surprised when you try to change carriers and you can’t. The ignorance of tech support can be epic.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    The best deal on the SE was on MetroPCS, but no longer available so cheap(free). I got an AT&T prepaid SE last summer. The AT&T iPhones at least can be used on any AT&T mvno with unlocking, making it the most flexible option.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast