Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is FreedomPop Accepting New Customers?

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 4 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is FreedomPop Accepting New Customers?

I can't get them to take any of my CC's or PayPal. The website keeps giving me errors. I tried calling and they weren't of any help. I tried Chrome & FF, home and work. I tried multiple offers, including a .01 friend referral and he is baffled. All I want is the free one.

Any suggestions? Is FP legit or are they just down? I tried Monday and Tuesday. I haven't yet today as I don't want to raise my BP again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I just want a back-up data/mapping MVNO. Low-cost. Not on TMo as they are my main. AT&T or Sprint. My phone doesn't support enough of VZ LTE to make it worth it.

Thanks!

Mike

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    I can't get them to take any of my CC's or PayPal. The website keeps giving me errors. I tried calling and they weren't of any help. I tried Chrome & FF, home and work. I tried multiple offers, including a .01 friend referral and he is baffled. All I want is the free one.

Any suggestions? Is FP legit or are they just down? I tried Monday and Tuesday. I haven't yet today as I don't want to raise my BP again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I just want a back-up data/mapping MVNO. Low-cost. Not on TMo as they are my main. AT&T or Sprint. My phone doesn't support enough of VZ LTE to make it worth it.

Thanks!

Mike
    You can use your Sprint compatible device/sim at boom mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    No problems setting up a new account with one of the basic plan SIMs from Best Buy. Over the weekend. Entered my CC and charged me $0.99 for activation.

Feedback Score

Any suggestions? Is FP legit or are they just down? I tried Monday and Tuesday. I haven't yet today as I don't want to raise my BP again....
    FP can be picky about what CCs they will accept. This has been discussed before. I don't recall exactly what doesn't work. IIRC, prepaid "gift" and rebate cards don't work. I don't know about PayPal. Some personally funded prepaid cards will not authorize for recurring charges. FP submits their charge as recurring even though you may never pay another charge. They want to be covered if you have an overage.

They have always worked for me with a Citi Virtual card.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    FP can be picky about what CCs they will accept. This has been discussed before. I don't recall exactly what doesn't work. IIRC, prepaid "gift" and rebate cards don't work. I don't know about PayPal. Some personally funded prepaid cards will not authorize for recurring charges. FP submits their charge as recurring even though you may never pay another charge. They want to be covered if you have an overage.

I have some of my accounts connected to PayPal. I guess PayPal would still work for new customers.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 4 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Hmm, ok. I tried 2 of my Citi cards so far.

Thanks, all. I will try again when my inner temp(er) cools a bit.

Feedback Score
    Hmm, ok. I tried 2 of my Citi cards so far.

Thanks, all. I will try again when my inner temp(er) cools a bit.
    If you are doing a Citi Virtual card, you can't just set the limit at 1 cent or 99 cents for whatever the FP deal is. They try to authorize for more than the exact promo amount (but only actually charge for the promo amount).

I have gotten them through for $2, but one time that failed. It worked when I generated a new card for $5.

What is the current status of the cost to downgrade a promo plan to truly free? Boz?

Are you aware that it may cost $5-$15, one time, to get your plan to truly free?

Feedback Score
    Hmm, ok. I tried 2 of my Citi cards so far. Thanks, all. I will try again when my inner temp(er) cools a bit.
    see here for payment methods freedompop accepts - https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 4 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    You can use your Sprint compatible device/sim at boom mobile

Thanks! I presume boom!Yellow is Sprint.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I presume boom!Yellow is Sprint.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 4 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh dear. I just checked with PayPal and FreedomPop charged me 3 times, there alone. So, I guess it went thru each time. Now to look at the credit cards.

Edit: Yep, 3 on my personal card and 2x on my biz card. yikes!

Calling them again... dang website errors.

Feedback Score
    Oh dear. I just checked with PayPal and FreedomPop charged me 3 times, there alone. So, I guess it went thru each time. Now to look at the credit cards.
    I think those may be temporary authorization charges and will automatically cancel in a few days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

What is the current status of the cost to downgrade a promo plan to truly free? Boz?

Are you aware that it may cost $5-$15, one time, to get your plan to truly free?
    If you buy the basic plan SIM, the only cost is the SIM and 99 cents to activate. That's it. Cost me a total of $1.98. I didn't disable top up though.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 4 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called them and they promised to reverse those 8 other charges.

They wanted $21 to activate over the phone. It was only $10.99 on the site. I was able to haggle them back down to $10.99 over the phone. I have a login now too. Now, let's see if it actually works. *whew* this was much more difficult than I had imagined.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I called them and they promised to reverse those 8 other charges.

They wanted $21 to activate over the phone. It was only $10.99 on the site. I was able to haggle them back down to $10.99 over the phone. I have a login now too. Now, let's see if it actually works. *whew* this was much more difficult than I had imagined.
    I thought it was $0.99. What's the extra $10 for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast