Thread: Touch cruiser functionality with touchscreen games

Carrier(s)
    O2UK
    Feedback Score

Touch cruiser functionality with touchscreen games

Hi all,

This is (probably a stupid) question for anyone in the know. With a lot of Sharp flip-phones running android which have touch-cruiser functionality instead of full touch screens (such as the 601SH etc) I am curious if anyone knows whether such a phone would be able to use the touch cruiser on games which require a touchscreen (such as Pokémon Go)

Does anyone know if such a thing is possible? I was considering picking up the 601SH from Kyoex or eBay but there are a couple touchscreen games I’m hesitant to leave behind.

Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's not going to work. I can't even play neko atsume on mine and it's only nominally a touchscreen game. That being said, you could always keep your smart phone simply for the games and use your flip for everything else. That's what I do.
    Last edited by WaltzQueen; 05-12-2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo
    Flip Phones Forever~

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, DoCoMo SH-01J, Softbank 007SH
    Carrier(s)
    U Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Probably really late into the inquiry but I picked up a Docomo SH-01J with said touch cruiser. Although a few apps were programmed to accept key presses and the touch cruiser commands to replace touch screen ones, they are few and far between. Line which is pre-installed into the phone as the main social networking app works very well. That being said, don't expect a touch intensive game like Pokemon Go to work let alone boot up as these phones run forked versions of Android; meaning to say they don't have access to Google Play services.

I have however managed to get some pretty good games to run which I previously thought wouldn't work, like Final Fantasy III and IV. You have to play the game horizontally which is, a little unintuitive to say the least... BUT IT WORKS AND RUNS AT FULL SPEED ^ 3^

Another game that also worked pretty well due to it's simple touch based controls scheme was Egg Inc. But beyond that... most just don't work I'm afraid.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Folder
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru Kou View Post
    Probably really late into the inquiry but I picked up a Docomo SH-01J with said touch cruiser. Although a few apps were programmed to accept key presses and the touch cruiser commands to replace touch screen ones, they are few and far between. Line which is pre-installed into the phone as the main social networking app works very well. That being said, don't expect a touch intensive game like Pokemon Go to work let alone boot up as these phones run forked versions of Android; meaning to say they don't have access to Google Play services.

I have however managed to get some pretty good games to run which I previously thought wouldn't work, like Final Fantasy III and IV. You have to play the game horizontally which is, a little unintuitive to say the least... BUT IT WORKS AND RUNS AT FULL SPEED ^ 3^

Another game that also worked pretty well due to it's simple touch based controls scheme was Egg Inc. But beyond that... most just don't work I'm afraid.
    Get an app called Rotation Locker. It forces landscape apps to play in portrait. Also Itch.io has a long list of games that should work with physical keys, but I'm not sure if they'll work with Touch Cruiser.