Thread: Transfer to Cricket Help or Reviews

Feedback Score

Transfer to Cricket Help or Reviews

How is Cricket? All I want is a talk/text flip phone. I want to transfer/port my number from my Tracfone.

I want to do is buy the $9.99 phone and include the $25/month unlimited talk/text.

The problem is the website will not allow me to buy the phone until I answer if I want a new number or port my old. That would leave me without a phone until the new one comes in.

Would the best way to do this is ask for a new number and then port my old number after?

What do you guys think? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    When I ported in from Verizon my number did not actually switch until I went on line and activated my service after it came in the mail. Not saying that is what will happen to you, it's just what happened to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    When I ported in from Verizon my number did not actually switch until I went on line and activated my service after it came in the mail. Not saying that is what will happen to you, it's just what happened to me.
    Ok, that makes sense. So it's probably not active until after I get it in the mail. I can chat with customer support before I order

How do you like the carrier/service? The phone is actually for my father who only wants an easy dial phone and doesn't care about text/data.

Feedback Score
    Cricket is just fine if ya need At&t's coverage but ya might wanna check out a couple other At&t MVNOs if price is important to you. I think the same plan with H2o is only $20.00 per month and I'm sure someone will chime in with even lower priced At&t MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Cricket is just fine if ya need At&t's coverage but ya might wanna check out a couple other At&t MVNOs if price is important to you. I think the same plan with H2o is only $20.00 per month and I'm sure someone will chime in with even lower priced At&t MVNOs.
    I'm looking for Verizon coverage (not sure if that's the same). My friend is happy with Cricket but I didn't think to look at H2o. I'll take a look at that.

Actually need a cheap flip phone because my father can't use a smart phone.....not sure if that will work.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skobydog View Post
    I'm looking for Verizon coverage (not sure if that's the same). My friend is happy with Cricket but I didn't think to look at H2o. I'll take a look at that.

Actually need a cheap flip phone because my father can't use a smart phone.....not sure if that will work.
    You also might want to look at redpocket. Com. They offer a variety of plans on several carriers, including att and vzw,both with and without data.

Feedback Score

Verizon sevice is not the same as AT&T. Not sure why you would think it might be. When you port your number doesn't transfer until you activate your new SIM. Don't be an idiot, take whatever free phone they offer or use the port credit for a flip, which is $10 or $30.

Feedback Score
    How is Cricket? All I want is a talk/text flip phone. I want to transfer/port my number from my Tracfone.

I want to do is buy the $9.99 phone and include the $25/month unlimited talk/text.

The problem is the website will not allow me to buy the phone until I answer if I want a new number or port my old. That would leave me without a phone until the new one comes in.

Would the best way to do this is ask for a new number and then port my old number after?

What do you guys think? Thanks
    Cricket is great. They have 2 flip phones offered. The LG is $10.00 with a port in. $25.00 a month no extra taxes or fees. There customer service is not bad and since they are owned by AT&T Cricket is not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I bought the $!0.00 flip phone....forgot to mention it's for my 88 y/o father and is basically the same one he had before.

I just signed into the Tracfone account to see what the balance was and the phone is already inactivated. I guess I need to get on this quickly.

Feedback Score
    I bought the $!0.00 flip phone....forgot to mention it's for my 88 y/o father and is basically the same one he had before.

I just signed into the Tracfone account to see what the balance was and the phone is already inactivated. I guess I need to get on this quickly.
    You can port in your number to cricket online, don't worry , your port in won't go through untill you receive your phone and activate tour new Cricket service, however , if your Tracfone account is already inactivated or canceled, you can't transfer your number to Cricket

Feedback Score

If you're looking for Verizon coverage you may be disappointed with Cricket coverage.

For Verizon coverage, a better deal is the yearly service from RedPocket. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D50H0W2 You just need to find a Verizon 4G flip phone with LTE and a SIM card, i.e. https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi.../lg-exalt-lte/.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Gonzalez View Post
    You can port in your number to cricket online, don't worry , your port in won't go through untill you receive your phone and activate tour new Cricket service, however , if your Tracfone account is already inactivated or canceled, you can't transfer your number to Cricket
    Number transferred fine. It was strange that my Tracfone account said it was deactivated on my online account but the phone still receiving calls. Cricket said there would be an overlap while the transfer was taking place. It took about 1 1/2 hours is now fully transfer.

I tried chatting with Tracfone guy and he said I had 60 days to reactivate. He said I should get my minutes (assuming he meant everything data/text/mins) back. I have the first ticket conversation so hopefully it goes without a hitch.

He needed my IMEI/MEID number to reactivate with a new phone number (I didn't have my old phone because I left it at work). I will respond when I reactivate it either tonight or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Number transferred fine. It was strange that my Tracfone account said it was deactivated on my online account but the phone still receiving calls. Cricket said there would be an overlap while the transfer was taking place. It took about 1 1/2 hours is now fully transfer.

I tried chatting with Tracfone guy and he said I had 60 days to reactivate. He said I should get my minutes (assuming he meant everything data/text/mins) back. I have the first ticket conversation so hopefully it goes without a hitch.

He needed my IMEI/MEID number to reactivate with a new phone number (I didn't have my old phone because I left it at work). I will respond when I reactivate it either tonight or tomorrow.
    Hope it all goes well, what I know is that the number you are porting has to be active on the old service until you get your phone in the mail and activate, that's when the actual port in takes place, not before, at the moment you activate your Cricket account, Cricket will process the port in and cancel the old tracfone account

Feedback Score
    Everything worked out. The Cricket was easy and I didn't really have to do anything.

While restoring the Tracfone I received my new number and service date quickly. It did take a few minutes while speaking with someone on chat for mins/text/data to be restored. I had to make a call and accept a new account by pressing #1 on my phone. After that mins etc were restored.