Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: question about switching from Cricket

Feedback Score

question about switching from Cricket

I was looking into switching to At&T prepaid from Cricket. With the $50 plan that has 8 GB data, using auto pay brings it down to $40. I would be using Callingmart to buy pins for AT&T, so what particular pin should I buy if I were to do this plan? They have monthly and regular pins of various denominations.

Also, does At&T have chat support for prepaid? I couldn't find any. I use chat for Cricket support and find it almost necessary rather than phone support.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    I was looking into switching to At&T prepaid from Cricket. With the $50 plan that has 8 GB data, using auto pay brings it down to $40. I would be using Callingmart to buy pins for AT&T, so what particular pin should I buy if I were to do this plan? They have monthly and regular pins of various denominations.

Also, does At&T have chat support for prepaid? I couldn't find any. I use chat for Cricket support and find it almost necessary rather than phone support.
    Your initial pin purchase will have to be for $50, after you sign up for autopay you can purchase $40 pins. Prepaid has zero chat support, have to call 611 for everything and their family plan system is a little wonky compared to cricket if you were planing on doing that.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They do not have a chat option for AT&T Prepaid. If you go to the "Contact Us" section of their site & choose the AT&T Prepaid tab they have the following message:
    We’re sorry, chat isn’t available for AT&T PREPAID support.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why Chat would be necessary on AT&T Prepaid when its phone support is *way* better than Cricket's. That, and Chat takes about twice as long to get something done.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    I'm not sure why Chat would be necessary on AT&T Prepaid when its phone support is *way* better than Cricket's. That, and Chat takes about twice as long to get something done.
    Chat could come in handy if, during troubleshooting, you needed to do something on your phone. Reset it. Power cycle it. And not everyone has a home phone anymore. My "home" phone is now another Cell phone on a $0.05/minute plan so I'm not likely to want to sit on it for an hour or so.

During my failed attempts to resolve some issues with ATT Postpaid over the last few months, I did both voice and chat (voice was when I still had a landline).
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    They do not have a chat option for AT&T Prepaid. If you go to the "Contact Us" section of their site & choose the AT&T Prepaid tab they have the following message:
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Your initial pin purchase will have to be for $50, after you sign up for autopay you can purchase $40 pins. Prepaid has zero chat support, have to call 611 for everything and their family plan system is a little wonky compared to cricket if you were planing on doing that.
    Okay, so would I buy the monthly pin from Callingmart? Or the Refill pin? Does it matter? The refill pin doesn't seem to have a $40 option, but the monthly does.

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Chat could come in handy if, during troubleshooting, you needed to do something on your phone. Reset it. Power cycle it. And not everyone has a home phone anymore. My "home" phone is now another Cell phone on a $0.05/minute plan so I'm not likely to want to sit on it for an hour or so.

During my failed attempts to resolve some issues with ATT Postpaid over the last few months, I did both voice and chat (voice was when I still had a landline).
    This is why I find chat to be so much more helpful than phone support (chatting on the computer while troubleshooting the phone), not to mention if I have to wait on hold or go through automated menus on phone support.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A chat also allows you to cut and paste text from ATT's web page to try to backup my talking points. However, my current plan is to go to prepaid sometime between the 16th and the 20th. While I would like to keep VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling, it isn't worth the minimum of $25 more + tax to stay on postpaid. I'll put my iPad on T-Mobile and see how my usage is when I monitor my usage better (not Unlimited). More money ATT will be out because they can't get their system up to snuff along with training.

Feedback Score
    Is the customer support at AT&T stores helpful with prepaid?

Feedback Score
    Is the customer support at AT&T stores helpful with prepaid?
    Yes

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Okay, so would I buy the monthly pin from Callingmart? Or the Refill pin? Does it matter? The refill pin doesn't seem to have a $40 option, but the monthly does.
    I was directed to buy the RTR refills. They work great for me. Many denominations too choose from.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    I was directed to buy the RTR refills. They work great for me. Many denominations too choose from.
    Thanks, that looks like a possible option that would work.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I switched from Cricket at the ATT store and I got the $50 plan, they charged me a total of $43.33. So I got the $10 off. I am on auto pay my monthly total for the $50 Plan is $43.33. They ported my number from Cricket, it took about 5 minutes to do. The service was good and friendly. For me this is the simple way to do the plan.

Edit: They did not charge $25 to come in the store nor did they charge $10 for the sim card. ID and SS is required but no credit check.
    just the facts Ma'am

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalone View Post
    I switched from Cricket at the ATT store and I got the $50 plan, they charged me a total of $43.33. So I got the $10 off. I am on auto pay my monthly total for the $50 Plan is $43.33. They ported my number from Cricket, it took about 5 minutes to do. The service was good and friendly. For me this is the simple way to do the plan.

Edit: They did not charge $25 to come in the store nor did they charge $10 for the sim card. ID and SS is required but no credit check.
    Sounds like it worked out well in store. Why do they need a SS if they aren't doing a credit check? That doesn't seem right.

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 i337z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like it worked out well in store. Why do they need a SS if they aren't doing a credit check? That doesn't seem right.
    I was wondering the same thing.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure but no credit check shows on karma yet. They also scanned my drivers license. Just said they were required by ATT. There was no delay the whole process took about 20 minutes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast