Thread: line not being used...does Cricket cancel for non-use?

Feedback Score

line not being used...does Cricket cancel for non-use?

We're on the grandfathered 5/$100 plan.

One of our lines has not been used for almost 6 months now. The owner is intentionally "unplugged" and the phone has been stored away.

I just started wondering if Cricket might close it for non-use? It would be kind of a hassle but I could have someone plug it in and turn it on, etc if we needed to. The owner will eventually be using it again in the next few months and I definitely want to keep the grandfathered plan.

Thanks for any insight.

Feedback Score
    As far as I've seen as long as you keep paying they will keep it open. I've had a line not in use for a couple of months and I know some other people who've had them just sitting and not being used for anything for a while as well so you should be good to go just keep paying your bill.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I would make a call or send a text every 90 days just to be certain.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It is the PPU plans where if you don't use it on occasion, they will drop you. If they aren't making money, why not.
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Why would they? You're paying the bill...

Feedback Score
    I've never gone that long without using it, so I cannot say for certain. But they have never cancelled mine for non-use. If you are concerned, why not call the line or send an SMS every so often?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I'd given my older mother one of my 5/$100 lines for a couple of years. The phone went for months not even on, no issue. Like someone wrote, why would they care, if you pay the bill. And there would be something in t&c about duck too, and on the forum.

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by already40 View Post

One of our lines has not been used for almost 6 months now. The owner is intentionally "unplugged" and the phone has been stored away.

I just started wondering if Cricket might close it for non-use? It would be kind of a hassle but I could have someone plug it in and turn it on, etc if we needed to. The owner will eventually be using it again in the next few months and I definitely want to keep the grandfathered plan.

Thanks for any insight.
    I’m sure that they are happy to keep taking your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by already40 View Post

Thanks for any insight.
    A customer paying on time every month and NOT using the service? That is AT&T's dream scenario!

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    A customer that pays and has low/no usage is a great customer in the eyes of the carriers.

I have seen some mvno have time frames and stipulations for usage but haven't heard about anything like that with cricket or att in general for that matter

Feedback Score
    You pay, you stay.

It's only an issue with low cost prepaid companies, where they don't make money I'd you don't use it, so they close your account. On cricket it's no problem.