Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moto X 4th generation $249 at Best Buy with 20% off Cricket refill but must buy a SIM

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your last paragraph. For some reason I hadn't considered a motox. I guess I thought it would cost a lot more. But I can easily afford $300. or less..
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    I'll take this bet. Pm me how much and where you want to meet to conduct this test. It will be a pleasure taking your money. Not to mention, I've never heard anyone in my life try to convince people that 9gb of storage on a device is perfect, that they shouldn't want anymore. Lmao. Thanks for that laugh, but seriously, let me know when you want to do this test and how much you're willing to lose doing it.

As for the op the x4 for 249 is the best deal youre gonna find for a device with those requirements. The nice thing about the x4 is it's compatible with all 4 u.s. carriers also, so if you ever want to leave cricket you wouldn't have to worry about compatibility issues with it no matter where you went to.
    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Forget about arbitrary phone specs and 720 vs. 1080 on a 5+ inch screen, I’m just still trying to figure out what NWTAKIATKN means!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I've been looking for a new phone for the spousal unit since her $20 Cricket LG Escape 3 kind of sucks.

She absolutely doesn't want anything larger than a 5.2" screen. I got her the Escape 3 because it was 5.0". She has an iPhone for work and didn't want the iPhone Plus which they would have gotten her.

Other than the iPhone, there is a dearth of full-featured phones of smaller physical size, the trend is to 5.5", 5.8", and larger screens.

I saw that Best Buy has dropped the Moto X4 to $250 if you buy a Cricket SIM, plus they're offering 20% off one Cricket refill. Don't need the $10 SIM but if I remove it from the cart the phone price goes up by $50.

She's not too picky about phones and hopefully that 1/10" increase in height and width over her current LG phone will be okay. She doesn't play games at all on her phone though she does use it for photos occasionally.

Here's the basic requirements:

Unlocked
    Micro SD Card Slot
    3.5mm headphone jack
    1920x1080 minimum resolution
    32GB minimum ROM
    Magnetometer
    Maximum 5.2" screen
    Fast charging
    LTE bands for world travel
    Water resistant

Would prefer NFC, USB-C, Fingerprint sensor, and FM radio, but these are not vital.

When I search on B&H the Moto X4 is the only model that comes up with these pretty basic requirements.
    Nexus 5X is outstanding with top shelf specs and a 5.2" screen. A few people (including daughter) have it and never a problem. Check eBay for some excellent deals on new at $140.-$150. and mfg refurnished at $100. We got one a few months ago and it arrived in new condition and working flawlessly. The ability to use on any carrier is bonus. I have the Nexus 6P and it's the phone that moved me away from the iPhone 7..seriously nice camera, much higher rez screen (501ppi) and excellent sound quality. I grabbed the Total Wireless deal last month and they are a unlocked phone meaning Nexus did not lock for any carrier. True plug and play. $150. and were some eBay sellers pricing them at $150-$170. new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I've been looking for a new phone for the spousal unit since her $20 Cricket LG Escape 3 kind of sucks.

She absolutely doesn't want anything larger than a 5.2" screen. I got her the Escape 3 because it was 5.0". She has an iPhone for work and didn't want the iPhone Plus which they would have gotten her.

Other than the iPhone, there is a dearth of full-featured phones of smaller physical size, the trend is to 5.5", 5.8", and larger screens.

I saw that Best Buy has dropped the Moto X4 to $250 if you buy a Cricket SIM, plus they're offering 20% off one Cricket refill. Don't need the $10 SIM but if I remove it from the cart the phone price goes up by $50.

She's not too picky about phones and hopefully that 1/10" increase in height and width over her current LG phone will be okay. She doesn't play games at all on her phone though she does use it for photos occasionally.

Here's the basic requirements:

Unlocked
    Micro SD Card Slot
    3.5mm headphone jack
    1920x1080 minimum resolution
    32GB minimum ROM
    Magnetometer
    Maximum 5.2" screen
    Fast charging
    LTE bands for world travel
    Water resistant

Would prefer NFC, USB-C, Fingerprint sensor, and FM radio, but these are not vital.

When I search on B&H the Moto X4 is the only model that comes up with these pretty basic requirements.
    Nexus 5X is outstanding with top shelf specs and a 5.2" screen. A few people (including daughter) have it and never a problem. Check eBay for some excellent deals on new at $140.-$150. and mfg refurnished at $100. We got one a few months ago and it arrived in new condition and working flawlessly. The ability to use on any carrier is bonus. I have the Nexus 6P with 32GB and it's the phone that moved me away from the iPhone 7..seriously nice camera, much higher rez screen (501ppi vs 326ppi and Nexus is distinctly sharper/more vibrant ) and excellent sound quality. I grabbed the Total Wireless deal last month and they are a unlocked phone meaning Nexus did not lock for any carrier. True plug and play. $150. and were some eBay sellers pricing them at $150-$170. new.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Nexus 5X is outstanding with top shelf specs and a 5.2" screen. A few people (including daughter) have it and never a problem. Check eBay for some excellent deals on new at $140.-$150. and mfg refurnished at $100. We got one a few months ago and it arrived in new condition and working flawlessly. The ability to use on any carrier is bonus. I have the Nexus 6P with 32GB and it's the phone that moved me away from the iPhone 7..seriously nice camera, much higher rez screen (501ppi vs 326ppi and Nexus is distinctly sharper/more vibrant ) and excellent sound quality. I grabbed the Total Wireless deal last month and they are a unlocked phone meaning Nexus did not lock for any carrier. True plug and play. $150. and were some eBay sellers pricing them at $150-$170. new.
    Yes, it's a good deal, but IMVAIO the lack of a Micro SD card slot is not acceptable on a phone with so little internal memory. The 32GB version is still available on eBay, but not the 64GB version. We like to store a lot of music and audiobooks on our phones.

I did get one of the Moto X4 phones when they were on sale. It also will work on all 4 U.S. carriers which is a big plus in case we decide to go back to Verizon at some point in the future.

Now I have to convince the spousal unit to switch, just when she's gotten use to the crappy LG Escape 3. I will have to use her trip to Peru as the reason to change phones.
    Last edited by smsgator; 05-29-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2