Thread: What’s the opinions on the Pixel 2 XL ?

Feedback Score

What’s the opinions on the Pixel 2 XL ?

Thinking about maybe buying my first smartphone and the Pixel 2 XL has caught my attention because of the 2 year warranty and the free unlimited photo storage.

Feedback Score
    Pixel 2 XL is definitely one of the best phones of 2018. The blue shift issue no longer a major issue after software updates and it can be gotten on sale. Speakers screen and hardware is great. There might be a glitch or two here and there but it is one of my favorite phones.

On the blue shift the phone I saw that had it you had to be exactly at a certain extreme angle to the side and then the tint of blue it showed was not unlike other smartphone screens. I concluded for all I know all my phone's could have had blue shift issues and I would have never noticed. So very very minor deal especially after the software updates.

I tried to trade my Note 8 in for one but had some trouble and ended up sticking with the Note 8. Note 8 is narrower in the hand, a bit heavier perhaps, and has Iris and facial recognition. It is a bit more heavy duty feel to it than the Pixel 2 XL, but it's not perfect and with the Pixel 2 being discounted heavily I think the Pixel 2 is the better deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Techfranz thanks for your reply !
    Stopped at a Verizon store today asking about the Pixel 2 today, didn’t hear much about the Pixel but they put a lot of effort into trying to sell me a Samsung Galaxy 8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Techfranz thanks for your reply !
    Stopped at a Verizon store today asking about the Pixel 2 today, didn’t hear much about the Pixel but they put a lot of effort into trying to sell me a Samsung Galaxy 8.
    BestBuy gets them in on and off as well.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=techfranz;16987417]BestBuy gets them in on and off as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

$350, one reviewer claims Best Buy installs a bunch of stuff you can’t get rid of, do you think there’s any truth to that ?
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/2/17...rizon-contract

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=cycledude;16987438]
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    BestBuy gets them in on and off as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

$350, one reviewer claims Best Buy installs a bunch of stuff you can’t get rid of, do you think there’s any truth to that ?
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/2/17...rizon-contract
    The ones we got were as stock Google as they can get. The only Bloat was what Google installs. I just disable the ones I don't use.

It would never hurt to go in to Best Buy and and check them out.

I can't think of anything really bad about the Pixel 2. Sometimes Phone Calls sound weird, but that could be anything and it's not consistent. Maybe to some the Pixel 2 would feel lighter more like a Fisher Price toy. As I said earlier the Pixel 2 XL is really wide unlike the latest Galax is that are tall and slim.

The boxes they come in a really nice (like an iPhone, so tired of saying that ) and the with the good speakers and them being on sale and the huge screen I can't see a reason you should be afraid of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    I can't think of anything really bad about the Pixel 2.
    No headphone jack. The original Pixel had it.

Feedback Score
    The Best Buy store I stopped at said they could not do the $350 deal.

So I stopped at a Walmart a few blocks away, they have the Pixel 2 for $10.46 per month for 24 months, or the Pixel 2XL for $19.21 per month.