Thread: LG Fiesta - No Keypad in Spreadsheet

Feedback Score

LG Fiesta - No Keypad in Spreadsheet

I have a LG Fiesta 2 that is doing quite nicely. The other day I d/l a spreadsheet (direct from Play Store) and when I open it there is no apparent way to input data!

The app is: Simple Spreadsheet by iku, v 3.3.1. No ads and basic, but no keypad. There doesn't seem to be any setting control that I've found in the app. I'm ready to remove it unless someone can point out what I'm not doing right.

Here's what I've tried.
    Tapped every button
    Tapped on a cell (which does activate and changes color but no way to input)
    Long pressed every button and on a cell
    Sent the developer 2 emails asking how to activate a keypad or input data -- no reply

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Does Google Sheets show keypad for data entry correctly?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Simple Spreadsheet by iku is rated 3.2, which is pretty low.

I understand the desire for small and simple, but maybe try to find one with 4.0+ rating.

To add to tfusr19's comment, does your phone already have Google Sheets installed, and have you tried it?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unless you have something against Microsoft, you can download Word, Excel apps from Google Play.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies!

tfusr19 - I don't see Google Sheets so I guess I don't have it.

Boz1 - yes it low rated, but no one said there is no input method.

hpham - Nothing against MS, use Excel all the time. The Google Play page says the app has in-app purchases. This probably means ads, which means it uses data each time it displays an ad. I've been able to stay away from apps like this on my TracFone.

I'm d/l Google Sheets now and will play with it. The other one is now gone.

Feedback Score
    Egg-on-face update

When I uninstalled my problem app I saw one called Sheets that was disabled. A friend helped me set up the phone months ago and I never knew what that one was about. I Enabled it and it works fine and there is a keyboard for input. So I'm happy.

Thanks all!!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asalllwey View Post
    Egg-on-face update

When I uninstalled my problem app I saw one called Sheets that was disabled. A friend helped me set up the phone months ago and I never knew what that one was about. I Enabled it and it works fine and there is a keyboard for input. So I'm happy.

Thanks all!!
    That's good!

Feedback Score
    If you searched for Google Sheets from Play Store app it would have shown as disabled and given you the option to enable it. Dunno if you did that way already.

You may want to check out your other disabled apps, if any, so you know about them - Google or your friend can show you how to do that.

Egg-on-face update

Thanks all!!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hpham - Nothing against MS, use Excel all the time. The Google Play page says the app has in-app purchases. This probably means ads, which means it uses data each time it displays an ad.
    Well, it can't use data for the ads if you don't turn on Data.

Feedback Score
    tfuser19 - Good point about checking for other disabled. I do have a couple more, but I'm good for now.

hpham - I do have a couple of apps with ads, like Gas Buddy, and now that I think about it I should have known what you said. But my pref is to go with no ads if I can. Thanks for reminding me about that.