Thread: cheap phones that can have battery removed ?

Device(s)
    Iphone 5, LGOptimus L90, LG800G for sons
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

cheap phones that can have battery removed ?

does tmobile or another carrier currently sell phones whos battery can be removed and is not so smart as to stop accepting a charge when IT thinks there's humindity

I've had it with SMART phones who
    s maker can basicly kill it by refusing to accept a charge. I'm 60 so the phone is a TOOL to call once a week and take photos at work to email to myself

thanks , sorry if I seem rude but I'm pissed at LG G6 piece of **** too smart for me need LOW TECH phone

help

Feedback Score
    Interesting.. .. Never had a problem with the LG G4 like you described, but that POS had bootloop hardware issues for most people until it was warranty repaired.

Feedback Score
    Wow, you're not the only one with the moisture issue. LG created yet another POC:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/141778

Sorry I don't have a recommendation for you - I'm using old phones.

Feedback Score
    Have you contacted LG or T-Mobile and asked for a warranty replacement?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Moisture inside the phone is one reason why phone Mfg are making phones that the battery can NOT be quickly swapped out for another battery.

Feedback Score
    Interesting note about Japanese mobile requirements:
    "In Japan, being waterproof is far more important than being able to remove your phone's battery”

https://mashable.com/2016/11/17/wate...-phones-japan/

Their consumers won't buy if it's not waterproof

Feedback Score
    Take a look at:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...lp-needed.html

You may just need to clean out the USB socket. Lint, dirt, debris can cause the moisture detection rather than actual moisture.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Interesting.. .. Never had a problem with the LG G4 like you described, but that POS had bootloop hardware issues for most people until it was warranty repaired.
    Same here w. LG4. LG6 iw now over a year old. No problem w. moisture even when spending weeks at a time in humid so. Florida.
    Samsung sells a couple of dumber phones that still seem to do everything. We have one as a backup phone - cost $150?? Called Prime J3 or something like that. Seems to do everything $$$$ phones do except lacks some camera features. And less builtin storage.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $160/mo. We have had no landline in more than 14 years.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am still using my LG G4 that I ordered the day it was announced. Had the Bootstrap issue and got it repaired and no issues since then. All cell phone Mfg have had bad phone issues. I have had three Apple iPhone 4 break in less than two years and none of them were ever dropped or got wet. I like having a battery that can be replaced since when they get a little weak it can be replaced. However, they just don't want to make phones anymore that a battery can be replaced quickly.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5, LGOptimus L90, LG800G for sons
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Interesting note about Japanese mobile requirements:
    "In Japan, being waterproof is far more important than being able to remove your phone's battery”

https://mashable.com/2016/11/17/wate...-phones-japan/

Their consumers won't buy if it's not waterproof

GREAT ! I did not ask how people do things in Japan. I live in California, the phone has ZERO humidity in it, and it was LG that turned this feature on. can you tell me how other than salt water , how regular humidity from body sweat , cause the LG to turn off my phone by stopping it from charging. ? I truly could care less what Japanese consumers want.

Want to hear what a Californian cosumer wants ? a phone that has no water in it , to keep working. NO MORE LG TV's or phones for me. I may be 60 years old , but going forward my money will be spent ELSE where .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rtoledo2002 View Post
    GREAT ! I did not ask how people do things in Japan. I live in California, the phone has ZERO humidity in it, and it was LG that turned this feature on. can you tell me how other than salt water , how regular humidity from body sweat , cause the LG to turn off my phone by stopping it from charging. ? ...
    As I mentioned above, dirt, dust, lint in the charging connector can prevent the phone from charging. The charging circuitry can't distinguish conductivity from those from water. I would try cleaning the charging connector before condemning the phone. If it is debris in the charging connector causing the problem, replacing the battery would not fix that anyway.

I know a person that this has happened to.

I like replaceable batteries too.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rtoledo2002 View Post
    does tmobile or another carrier currently sell phones whos battery can be removed and is not so smart as to stop accepting a charge when IT thinks there's humindity

I've had it with SMART phones who
    s maker can basicly kill it by refusing to accept a charge. I'm 60 so the phone is a TOOL to call once a week and take photos at work to email to myself

thanks , sorry if I seem rude but I'm pissed at LG G6 piece of **** too smart for me need LOW TECH phone

help
    See if you can still buy the LG K20 plus. It’s been replaced by the K30 but I’d bet you can still by a T-Mobile branded K20 or an unlocked Metro PCS version.

Fairly inexpensive, removable battery, decent device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Bought a Samsung j7 prime and lg Stylo 3 from metro last week, both have removable battery. Believe the j3 also..