Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Verizon has launched a new MVNO

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    609
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon has launched a new MVNO

    Visible is a new MVNO owned by Verizon that kinda reminds me of AIO in its infancy. It’s a pretty good deal if you’re ok with a 5Mbps throttle. $40/mo for unlimited taxes and fees included. Just thought I would share. https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/10/verizon-stealthily-launched-a-startup-offering-40-per-month-unlimited-data-messaging-and-minutes/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,818
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    And this has what exactly to do with Cricket?
    Or was this intended to be another one of those ridiculous "How will Cricket respond" threads?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    609
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    And this has what exactly to do with Cricket?
    Or was this intended to be another one of those ridiculous "How will Cricket respond" threads?
    Here’s how it ties into cricket, firstly I thought it was interesting because it reminds me of AIO (AIO is what lead to cricket in its current form,) secondly, this is good price/coverage alternative to cricket that I’m sure most cricket users have no idea exists. Any more “questions?”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    The article states that the program is currently by invitation only. This thread is more suited for general prepaid than Cricket specifically.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    all this topic reminds me of is the seemingly monthly HOW WILL CRICKET RESPOND?!?!? topics

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    6,237
    Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Here’s how it ties into cricket, firstly I thought it was interesting because it reminds me of AIO (AIO is what lead to cricket in its current form,) secondly, this is good price/coverage alternative to cricket that I’m sure most cricket users have no idea exists. Any more “questions?”
    I understand dust &B's comment, but I for one appreciate seeing info like this. I don't explore other parts of the forum a lot, where I assume this info will be more widely covered. Similar posts convinced me to explore metro PC's service, and maybe this one too.

    Edit:. So checked their website. Don't see anything of interest, other than maybe vzw's maybe better coverage in some areas.
    Red pocket, us mobile, even Walmarts plans have more flexibility, etc, just my opinion, but they can only improved from this very basic offering. They need multi phone discounts etc, or cricket, metro, etc will eat their lunch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    609
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wasn’t cricket somehow involved with XO communications? Verizon bought them last year and they happen to share the same address with Visible.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anybody want a referral code to test them out? 0EEDE (and the first digit there is a zero, not the letter O)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    567
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon has launched a new MVNO

    Well at least it’s interesting.

    Especially this part...

    Code:
     The data speed tops out at 5 Mbps, and most videos are shown in 480p resolution (DVD quality). There is no data consumption cap that triggers throttling and there is no contract to sign. Payments can be made using PayPal and Venmo. Right now, Visible is compatible with unlocked iPhone models only.
    $40 a month, unlimited @ 5 mbps. No hotspot, no WiFi calling, no HD(VPN workaround?), and lastly only unlocked iPhones. No androids as of now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    469
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    feels no better than Cricket's Unlimited plan. Yeah, 3mbps vs 5 mpbs, but if you factor in that both limit video to about 1mbps, not much of a difference. Vz coverage is better, so that'a plus for Visible. As of 5/11/2018, supports only iphone. No volte, no wifi calling. If they throw at least wifi calling in, I am in.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    478
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    0
    It actually has VoLTE, and only runs on Verizon's LTE towers (no CDMA support), so I wonder if besides offering an option to compete with some discount services, also is a test to see how good LTE-only on Verizon is for a group of people.

    While there is a thread in the General Prepaid Discussion, I agree that it is interesting from an Aio/Cricket perspective, because it feels very much like the way AT&T launched Aio back in 2013 (except with retail and certain geographic footprints).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Visible is a new MVNO owned by Verizon that kinda reminds me of AIO in its infancy. It’s a pretty good deal if you’re ok with a 5Mbps throttle. $40/mo for unlimited taxes and fees included. Just thought I would share. https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/10/ve...g-and-minutes/
    The big advantage of Cricket and AT&T prepaid is not for a single line, it's due to multi-line discounts. Unless Visible goes down this path I doubt if they'll capture the price-sensitive customers that are leaving Verizon postpaid. You're not saving much with four lines of Visible versus four lines of Verizon unlimited postpaid. Probably no roaming on Visible either.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    feels no better than Cricket's Unlimited plan. Yeah, 3mbps vs 5 mpbs, but if you factor in that both limit video to about 1mbps, not much of a difference. Vz coverage is better, so that'a plus for Visible. As of 5/11/2018, supports only iphone. No volte, no wifi calling. If they throw at least wifi calling in, I am in.
    Actually, depending on where you are, Verizon is worse to nonexistent.

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    550
    Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Actually, depending on where you are, Verizon is worse to nonexistent.

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Yep, been to Western Maryland or West Virginia lately???

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    It actually has VoLTE, and only runs on Verizon's LTE towers (no CDMA support), so I wonder if besides offering an option to compete with some discount services, also is a test to see how good LTE-only on Verizon is for a group of people.

    While there is a thread in the General Prepaid Discussion, I agree that it is interesting from an Aio/Cricket perspective, because it feels very much like the way AT&T launched Aio back in 2013 (except with retail and certain geographic footprints).
    LTE only may be okay if you never roam, but there are many areas where Verizon has no native LTE coverage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2018, 06:37 AM
  2. T-Mobile has launched the New PEBL colors
    By terryjohnson16 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:48 AM
  3. Sports: New sports site has launched
    By AllGlobaltk in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 07:46 PM

Bookmarks