Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon has launched a new MVNO

Feedback Score

Verizon has launched a new MVNO

Visible is a new MVNO owned by Verizon that kinda reminds me of AIO in its infancy. It’s a pretty good deal if you’re ok with a 5Mbps throttle. $40/mo for unlimited taxes and fees included. Just thought I would share. https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/10/verizon-stealthily-launched-a-startup-offering-40-per-month-unlimited-data-messaging-and-minutes/

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And this has what exactly to do with Cricket?
    Or was this intended to be another one of those ridiculous "How will Cricket respond" threads?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    And this has what exactly to do with Cricket?
    Or was this intended to be another one of those ridiculous "How will Cricket respond" threads?
    Here’s how it ties into cricket, firstly I thought it was interesting because it reminds me of AIO (AIO is what lead to cricket in its current form,) secondly, this is good price/coverage alternative to cricket that I’m sure most cricket users have no idea exists. Any more “questions?”

Feedback Score
    The article states that the program is currently by invitation only. This thread is more suited for general prepaid than Cricket specifically.

Feedback Score
    all this topic reminds me of is the seemingly monthly HOW WILL CRICKET RESPOND?!?!? topics

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Here’s how it ties into cricket, firstly I thought it was interesting because it reminds me of AIO (AIO is what lead to cricket in its current form,) secondly, this is good price/coverage alternative to cricket that I’m sure most cricket users have no idea exists. Any more “questions?”
    I understand dust &B's comment, but I for one appreciate seeing info like this. I don't explore other parts of the forum a lot, where I assume this info will be more widely covered. Similar posts convinced me to explore metro PC's service, and maybe this one too.

Edit:. So checked their website. Don't see anything of interest, other than maybe vzw's maybe better coverage in some areas.
    Red pocket, us mobile, even Walmarts plans have more flexibility, etc, just my opinion, but they can only improved from this very basic offering. They need multi phone discounts etc, or cricket, metro, etc will eat their lunch.

Feedback Score
    Wasn’t cricket somehow involved with XO communications? Verizon bought them last year and they happen to share the same address with Visible.

Feedback Score
    Anybody want a referral code to test them out? 0EEDE (and the first digit there is a zero, not the letter O)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Verizon has launched a new MVNO

Well at least it’s interesting.

Especially this part...

Code:
     The data speed tops out at 5 Mbps, and most videos are shown in 480p resolution (DVD quality). There is no data consumption cap that triggers throttling and there is no contract to sign. Payments can be made using PayPal and Venmo. Right now, Visible is compatible with unlocked iPhone models only.
    $40 a month, unlimited @ 5 mbps. No hotspot, no WiFi calling, no HD(VPN workaround?), and lastly only unlocked iPhones. No androids as of now.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    feels no better than Cricket's Unlimited plan. Yeah, 3mbps vs 5 mpbs, but if you factor in that both limit video to about 1mbps, not much of a difference. Vz coverage is better, so that'a plus for Visible. As of 5/11/2018, supports only iphone. No volte, no wifi calling. If they throw at least wifi calling in, I am in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    It actually has VoLTE, and only runs on Verizon's LTE towers (no CDMA support), so I wonder if besides offering an option to compete with some discount services, also is a test to see how good LTE-only on Verizon is for a group of people.

While there is a thread in the General Prepaid Discussion, I agree that it is interesting from an Aio/Cricket perspective, because it feels very much like the way AT&T launched Aio back in 2013 (except with retail and certain geographic footprints).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Visible is a new MVNO owned by Verizon that kinda reminds me of AIO in its infancy. It’s a pretty good deal if you’re ok with a 5Mbps throttle. $40/mo for unlimited taxes and fees included. Just thought I would share. https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/10/ve...g-and-minutes/
    The big advantage of Cricket and AT&T prepaid is not for a single line, it's due to multi-line discounts. Unless Visible goes down this path I doubt if they'll capture the price-sensitive customers that are leaving Verizon postpaid. You're not saving much with four lines of Visible versus four lines of Verizon unlimited postpaid. Probably no roaming on Visible either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    feels no better than Cricket's Unlimited plan. Yeah, 3mbps vs 5 mpbs, but if you factor in that both limit video to about 1mbps, not much of a difference. Vz coverage is better, so that'a plus for Visible. As of 5/11/2018, supports only iphone. No volte, no wifi calling. If they throw at least wifi calling in, I am in.
    Actually, depending on where you are, Verizon is worse to nonexistent.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    Actually, depending on where you are, Verizon is worse to nonexistent.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Yep, been to Western Maryland or West Virginia lately???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    It actually has VoLTE, and only runs on Verizon's LTE towers (no CDMA support), so I wonder if besides offering an option to compete with some discount services, also is a test to see how good LTE-only on Verizon is for a group of people.

While there is a thread in the General Prepaid Discussion, I agree that it is interesting from an Aio/Cricket perspective, because it feels very much like the way AT&T launched Aio back in 2013 (except with retail and certain geographic footprints).
    LTE only may be okay if you never roam, but there are many areas where Verizon has no native LTE coverage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast