Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Rebel 3 GSM phone

Feedback Score

Tracfone Rebel 3 GSM phone

Ok ordered a LG Rebel 3 GSM phone from Tracfone online and am waiting for it to come but wanted to ask ahead of time. I have a LG Sunset now and I want to activate the new Rebel 3 first to see if it works in my area as I have issues with coverage, before I transfer phone # over and everything from sunset. Will that be an issue? Have both activated with different # then transfer info off Sunset it the new phone works? Also can't seem to find much info on the LG Rebel 3 ... it is the only Tracfone GSM I can find only other option is a GSM unlocked iphone referb and then I have to deal with BYOP issues. Knowing my history is it just better to stick with the Sunset til it dies? I did have issue getting service when I traveled to ST A last winter but then it came back and was fine til I just left a week ago to come back north to NH woods with limited service. Husband has Rebel 2 with Verizon and does not work here only get message about roaming but works everywhere else. Thank you in advance.. If you answer beware I am old and clueless.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1. If you activate the Rebel 3 for testing first, all of its balances (remaining after testing) will be wiped out when you TRANSFER from your Sunset to the Rebel 3.

2. If you don't want to lose the Rebel 3's remaining balances, you need to find a competent TF rep to COMBINE its balances to the current balances of the Sunset. Once that is done, then you can do a transfer (phone number, buckets, days) from the Sunset to the Rebel 3.

Make sure to use the correct terminology when contacting TF. A transfer means moving everything (phone number, buckets, days) from phone A to phone B, and everything on phone B before the transfer will be wiped out. Combining means adding the buckets and days from phone A to phone B; phone A will be deactivated afterward, and phone B will have the combined balances and its original phone number.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Can activate the Rebel 3 with the $10 deal on TF's website? Or is Rebel3 smartphone only?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by granmanh View Post
    Also can't seem to find much info on the LG Rebel 3 ... it is the only Tracfone GSM I can find
    I know that TF web site describes the Rebel 3 as GSM, but the Rebel 3 (model L158VL) sold by HSN, Walmart, Best Buy is CDMA. TF web site is probably wrong as usual.

Feedback Score
    User guide from the item tutorial link says LG L157BL - the GSM version, so there's a chance it's really a GSM phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I know that TF web site describes the Rebel 3 as GSM, but the Rebel 3 (model L158VL) sold by HSN, Walmart, Best Buy is CDMA. TF web site is probably wrong as usual.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Can activate the Rebel 3 with the $10 deal on TF's website? Or is Rebel3 smartphone only?
    This is a smartphone-only plan phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    User guide from the item tutorial link says LG L157BL - the GSM version, so there's a chance it's really a GSM phone.
    You don't know if BL phones are AT&T or T-Mobile without the complete model number. Walmart lists it as TFLGL157BGP4 which is AT&T.

I don't see any Rebel 3 phones on the TracFone sites.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I don't see any Rebel 3 phones on the TracFone sites.
    I found it using a Google search.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I found it using a Google search.
    Still does not tell you which GSM network. TracFone needs to get rid of the BL designator and only use VL or TL.

Wonder why this model does not show up on the main page "shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tracfonestore/phones"? Have seen that on Walmart and Target websites also, where you have to do a search.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok ordered a LG Rebel 3 GSM phone from Tracfone online and am waiting for it to come but wanted to ask ahead of time.
    When the phone arrives look at the model number printed on the white strip on the bottom of the phones packaging.
    If it really is for AT&T it should read TFLGL157BGP4
    If not, please post what you see there.
    Did you buy the Rebel 3 without accompanying airtime?

I believe the Sunset SIM is Micro and the Rebel 3 Nano, so you will not be able to SIM swap to easily test the Rebel 3 for coverage.

Feedback Score
    Hi Wow thanks for all the answers and help. Phone should arrive today or tomorrow. I bought a $15 card with it. Ok so like I told you trouble finds me. Rebel 3 when I search tracfone site is on the second page of phones my zip is 03444. Ok so on that page it says GSM but no model number so I am guessing you all are right. Ok now for the real issue get confirmation email with tracking number and when I click on it it does not work Plus says estimated delivery May 11? that is the day I ordered. Ok got into USPS site and entered number and says arrives today. Link they sent in email did not work. Next issue I do not care about minutes on new phone being lost worry about phone number being transfered from old Sunset to new Rebel if my miracle it works, and not losing my phone number transfering to already active phone with new number. Guess I will wait til phone arrives hopefully today and check the model number first and get back to you all. So the 57 number should be GSM? that is what I gathered. There are no GSM phones out there and I would get a referb apple but worried about doing BYOP cause I am the person where everything goes wrong . Oh it says on site MicroSD or is that just for extra memory. See I told you clueless. Mostly wanted a larger phone and keep my phone number just because it takes me forever to remember a new one. my time on Sunset runs out on 7/9 have 3078 minuted, 691 text, 1.56 GB. I paid $53 for Rebel 3 and getting 8 cashback from Ebates.. so no big issues on that. Just had some trouble connecting down at condo in St A this winter after having it work there in past with no problem so also thought new model might be better. Oh it finally after 2 weeks worked again? We are rural there too I guess and being in a cement building, at least on second floor. Husband has Rebel 2 Verizon and that worked there but not here in NH at all get Roaming message even with the same 2 bar signal? weird things happen to me.

Feedback Score
    Ok phone got here White strip reads TFLGL157BGP4 just like you said. I bought a $15 Smartphone only Service Plan 200 min 500 texts 500MB data 30 days. Should I put battery in and charge phone now?

Feedback Score
    Sure you can charge it while you activate it if you like. The charge level is probably around 50% right out of the box. AT&T it is - TracFone was correct in their list as GSM

Are you planning to do a new activation with a new number or transfer your existing TracFone service?

Ok phone got here White strip reads TFLGL157BGP4 just like you said. I bought a $15 Smartphone only Service Plan 200 min 500 texts 500MB data 30 days. Should I put battery in and charge phone now?

Feedback Score
    Sorry looking at phone, decided to put battery in, charged at 50% like you said. I have alot of trouble with my service in the woods in NH. My tracfone now is AT&T and I have 2 bars and it works here. It is a LG sunset had over 2 years. I am leary of switching all my stuff over til I know it will work....I have history of troubles. This phone has been pretty good but I am not a heavy user and getting it activated is always a hastle sometime have to go on a road trip to get it to activate with signal but once connect works. So what I started this thread asking would it be ok to activate with the $15 dollar service card and keep both phones active until I am sure it will work here. I noticed it already recognizes the wifi and connected that and its asking me all kinds of questions. Should I turn my old phone off ? is it confusing the issue. Is it illegal to have 2 phones active with different phone numbers? and later in the month if phone works will it be a hastle to move the old phone # over. I can not remember how I did last time... I am older and not to savy with this stuff. I mostly use the phone to text and not often even that. I usually just add Days to phone and $5 text cards. I get very frustrated with trying to do anything else on it. I just use my ipad or laptops for online stuff.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is it illegal to have 2 phones active with different phone numbers?
    If it were, quite a few of us would be in troubles. It's perfectly legal to have multiple active phones with different phone numbers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast