Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stay or Go?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score

Stay or Go?

Just wondering if the merger goes thru, will you stay with TM or go to another carrier? I've heard some say they will leave because TM network can't handle the addition of so many users and others will stay because they can get locked in to their cheap plan & perks (MLB, Netflix, etc). So what say you? Personally, I'm switching to Xfinity Mobile at the end of the month....cheaper and better coverage

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Right now I'm burned out on TMobile due to missed calls and delayed text, plus with paying Verizon prices it's not the uncarrier I signed up for at the moment.

TMobile used to be my primary line but now it's a backup so I switched it to the talk and text plan to save money especially since it's now a backup.

If TMobile gets worse after the merger and after things get integrated I won't hesitate to bail but for now I'm happy with the price with what turns out to be a second line

I spend around $50 a month total for tmoible, att, and Verizon so overall I'm happy with the total price. $20 for Verizon, $20 for TMobile, and $10 for att. Can only use data on att and Verizon so TMobile is strictly calls and text now

Feedback Score
    I don’t plan on switching. With only 3 carriers if the merger goes through, there’s not a lot of choices. I don’t consider MVNO’s to be real choices for my needs and T-Mobile offers me the best coverage locally. The only way I’d switch is if they tried to pull my 3 lines/$100 from me.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No plan of switching. I'm on a $50 unlimited everything plan on MetroPCS. It offers everything I want. MetroPCS even gave me free hotspot when it wasn't part of my plan originally, then they also upgraded the hotspot. Out of the pre-paid options I've used Virgin, Boost, Sprint Pre-paid, Verizon Pre-paid, and Cricket. Best experience I've had is with MetroPCS.

The only reason I would switch would be if the network becomes very, very slow. Which I don't think would happen. Cricket would be my first choice for a switch.

When T-Mobile absorbed the 9+ million MetroPCS customers I don't think there was any degradation of their network. In fact, they've only kept improving it over the years.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I haven't even considered leaving.

I guess if the services go to hell, or they do not grandfather current accounts and discounts I'll need to evaluate my options at that time. I expect the coverage to increase a little faster that it would have otherwise, but I never hit any dead spots unless it's out in the middle of nowhere, which doesn't happen often.

I love the travel roaming features, and ease of dealing with T-Force if there ever is an issue.

Feedback Score
    I Stay i pay 110$ 3 lines + data line and jump on two lines. i am sure sprint frequencies will be put to good use.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Stay or Go?

Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    Just wondering if the merger goes thru, will you stay with TM or go to another carrier? I've heard some say they will leave because TM network can't handle the addition of so many users and others will stay because they can get locked in to their cheap plan & perks (MLB, Netflix, etc). So what say you? Personally, I'm switching to Xfinity Mobile at the end of the month....cheaper and better coverage
    I’ve never heard of Xfinity Mobile... looks like they’re regional. I think the best national deals right now are Walmart Family Mobile $24.88 for unlimited on T-Mo of if you are rural then Visible has unlimited on Verizon for $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Xfinity mobile is a service of Comcast cable and runs as an MVNO over the Verizon network. At my location it's $45 a month for unlimited, or $12 a Gb if you want a limited exposure. I've considered it as a trial plan because of the fact that they had Verizon iPhone X's available when Apple didn't.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Give up my 55+ plan? Not likely.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I don’t see any reason to panic. I will wait and see what happens. If the service continues to work well then I will likely stay. If it doesn’t, my phones are all unlocked, so there isn’t much cost to leaving.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I don’t see any reason to panic. I will wait and see what happens. If the service continues to work well then I will likely stay. If it doesn’t, my phones are all unlocked, so there isn’t much cost to leaving.
    Agreed. I have great grandfathered rates on a network that works.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Xfinity mobile is a service of Comcast cable and runs as an MVNO over the Verizon network. At my location it's $45 a month for unlimited, or $12 a Gb if you want a limited exposure. I've considered it as a trial plan because of the fact that they had Verizon iPhone X's available when Apple didn't.
    Just read their web page... didn’t really understand it. Says something about a “line access fee” that they don’t charge? What is a “line access fee” and why talk about it if they don’t have it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    I'm assuming you must have 1-3 lines, that's the only way I could see Xfinity being cheaper.

I'll be staying, can only imagine what Magenta looks like "super-charged".
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hate AT&T to the bone that tried to rip me off leaving AT&T and will never give them a penny of my money again. I don't trust AT&T even a little bit. Also, AT&T doesn't work near my home unless I walk about block away to make a bad quality voice call. Have Xfinity home Cable and ISP and live for the day I can fire Comcast that has ISP, Billing and TV issues way too much. Never had Verizon service but my few friends with Verizon doesn't get data at our favorite sport bar and T-Mobile does a little better. Had Sprint 20 years ago and ended when they refused to allow me to continue service without a 2 year contract. So in my opinion there is no one else to switch to that is better than T-Mobile.

Fully expect T-Mobile to have the first and deepest 5G NR nation wide network and with the Sprint merger that will pass AT&T as the nations #2 carrier by 2021.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-14-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Just read their web page... didn’t really understand it. Says something about a “line access fee” that they don’t charge? What is a “line access fee” and why talk about it if they don’t have it?
    I don't know a lot about it, but they claim there are no monthly fees, only the flat rate unlimited, or the per Gb charge. You have to have Comcast already of course. One of the things it does a little differently is, in my area they have all home and business routers set up to run as free WiFi hotspots, = "Xfinity". As I drive down the street, particularly in a business district, my phone is constantly connecting to their WiFi signals. They want to offload as much phone traffic as possible to the cable side of their business it seems. This makes economic sense by not having all mobile traffic going through Verizon towers. Download speeds on roaming WiFi runs around 15-20Mbps, so it's fine for anything I need. It's a nice perk I guess, and would be more valuable to someone who is not on an unlimited plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast