Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How often miss calls?

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

How often miss calls?

On my Verizon line the worst issue I've had is slower data and sometimes drops to 3g and 1x but nothing I can't deal with for the time being

When it comes to calls and text everything works fine, with no issues no missing calls etc.

On my TMobile line the calls are estimated to be missed (as in doesn't ring on my end,) at least half of the time. It's hard to say for sure how much but it's pretty frequent

Is anyone experiencing this on Verizon on a regular basis? TMobile says no issues but for some reason calls and text are having issues. My guess is they are congested in quite a few areas

I'm just wondering if other carriers are experiencing similar right now

Not knocking any carrier just trying to sort things out

My Verizon line is becoming my go to make and receive call line now since it doesn't seem to have those issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I donít think Iíve ever missed a call as long as Iíve had VoLTE on. CDMA will act weird and miss calls sometimes though. I didnít really have any issues on AT&T either except for UMTS every once in awhile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    On my Verizon line the worst issue I've had is slower data and sometimes drops to 3g and 1x but nothing I can't deal with for the time being

When it comes to calls and text everything works fine, with no issues no missing calls etc.

On my TMobile line the calls are estimated to be missed (as in doesn't ring on my end,) at least half of the time. It's hard to say for sure how much but it's pretty frequent

Is anyone experiencing this on Verizon on a regular basis? TMobile says no issues but for some reason calls and text are having issues. My guess is they are congested in quite a few areas

My Verizon line is becoming my go to make and receive call line now since it doesn't seem to have those issues.
    Iíve had weird issues with calls on T-Mobile myself. I was on the phone driving yesterday talking to my boss and as I was pulling off the freeway (with a cell tower half a mile from me at most) my phone dropped to from LTE to 4G and all of the sudden I could barely hear him. It was like he was speaking really really low. Iíve also had people tell me that they called and I didnít pick up - because my phone never rang. Iíve also had someone call me but just as my phone lights up with the call alert it goes off and says I have a missed call. The person that called me says it rang the normal amount of times and went to voicemail.

Feedback Score

How often miss calls?

Iím angling for a promotion where I will most likely be working from home more and fielding probably 10x as many calls and Iím legit having to consider other options. What sucks is T-Mo (when it works) has the best call quality in my experience. *In my area* AT&T especially canít handle multiple calls bridged together without a ton of static. Verizon was somewhat better last time I tried them but there was still static and quality issues. T-Mobile was crystal clear. But reliability trumps quality.

Feedback Score
    Maybe Sprint is for you. Remember the old Sprint commercials with the Sprint Guy. No static and the call quality is so good that you can hear a pin drop.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm always reading about people missing calls or dropping calls, getting notifications late etc. Call me lucky but I just don't have those issues and VoLTE has worked reliability since it was rolled out years ago. Knock on wood, right?

When I used to support a large volume of users and their mobile issues most of the time there were issues with calls dropping were those that went over Wi-Fi or during poor handoffs between one voice technology and another.
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgriffin7622 View Post
    Iím angling for a promotion where I will most likely be working from home more and fielding probably 10x as many calls and Iím legit having to consider other options. What sucks is T-Mo (when it works) has the best call quality in my experience. *In my area* AT&T especially canít handle multiple calls bridged together without a ton of static. Verizon was somewhat better last time I tried them but there was still static and quality issues. T-Mobile was crystal clear. But reliability trumps quality.
    Yeah I like TMobile call quality best.

I work from home a few days a month and on those days lll probably get around 10 or so calls. I'll have to see how things go

I always want to have a TMobile line since there are some nice benefits of it
    Last edited by eddiehaskell; 05-14-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    I canít remember the last time that I dropped a call on Verizon. I probably have at most 3 to 6 dropped calls per year and then I donít know if I dropped the call or the person on the other end dropped the call.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think right now TMobile seems to be having some congestion issues. I've had some call issues also.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I like TMobile call quality best.

I work from home a few days a month and on those days lll probably get around 10 or so calls. I'll have to see how things go

I always want to have a TMobile line since there are some nice benefits of it
    Iím in the same boat. I have hook up and kickback so my base plan is a lot cheaper than VZ. And free Gogo and T-Mo Tuesdays seems to be a lot nicer than Verizon UP. I have $15 in Starbucks from last week and currently sitting at $38 in Dunkin. If you donít use this stuff then it makes little difference but I actually do. Coverage and reliability is definitely an issue tho especially in rural GA where I have a lot of family.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think right now TMobile seems to be having some congestion issues. I've had some call issues also.
    The crazy thing is speeds are great in most of these areas. When I had the call drop to HSPA+, after it ended and switched back to LTE I was pulling 80 down in same spot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    We suffered with some major congestion here during spring break season. I called in several times and it finally seems to be getting better but then again the seasonal residents are all heading back north so that has helped. I believe when congestion is really bad volte shows it in call quality

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Overall my speeds have been great and coverage has been excellent also, even in some rural spots.

Things should get better with the steady upgrades (hopefully)

Feedback Score
    Super high speeds are only good for tethering a laptop or a device with a large hi-res display; not a phone. Therefore to me I would rather have 5 mb/sec down with little to no dropped calls. Predictability is good.

Feedback Score
    Verizonís 1x and VOLTE are extremely reliable where I travel. Volte was a disaster two years ago but since their densification spree its been rock solid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast