Thread: International roaming on nettalk, a Tmobile mvno.

Feedback Score

International roaming on nettalk, a Tmobile mvno.

I have 2 lines with nettalk wireless, I'm currently in Dubai, UAE. And having trouble connecting to any carrier, triple checked apn settings and all. Nothing is working.

I was here last year, had no issues, using the same phones and setup.

I contacted their sorry excuse of tech support, here is what this ******* James replied (eventhough I mentioned that I had no issues last year):

"You're on an ultra-low cost and fixed cost prepaid plan designed for the US/CA/Mex and it does not have an international plan. It is recommended to get a local SIM card when traveling internationally and it’s a “no credit check” prepaid plan. Thank you"

I'm waitting for his reply, after I gave him an earfull wall of text.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Why should they bother with a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by zolo111 View Post
    "You're on an ultra-low cost and fixed cost prepaid plan designed for the US/CA/Mex and it does not have an international plan. It is recommended to get a local SIM card when traveling internationally and it’s a “no credit check” prepaid plan. Thank you"

You already have their answer. Why should they bother with a reply to your "wall of text".

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 lines with nettalk wireless, I'm currently in Dubai, UAE. And having trouble connecting to any carrier, triple checked apn settings and all. Nothing is working.

I contacted their sorry excuse of tech support, here is what this ******* James replied (eventhough I mentioned that I had no issues last year):

There website shows US/Canada. Nothing about international roaming

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Entitlement, greed, rudeness... The new generation normality.

Feedback Score
    They needed to answer my question correctly, instead of giving me a lecture, he did answer now: "Unfortunately, the International Roaming an Text was stopped by NetTalk Wireless Managerment since January 2018".

To rfranzq & sonic, the service was running fine before, nettlk should've made it clear, or at least CS when asked. They should update their customers when changes occur. Not take away services quitly like this.

Again, The service was running fine last year , wtf is up with the "you have a low cost service gtfo atitude" from their CS.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

They needed to answer my question correctly, instead of giving me a lecture, he did answer now: "Unfortunately, the International Roaming an Text was stopped by NetTalk Wireless Managerment since January 2018".

To rfranzq & sonic, the service was running fine before, nettlk should've made it clear, or at least CS when asked. They should update their customers when changes occur. Not take away services quitly like this.

Again, The service was running fine last year , wtf is up with the "you have a low cost service gtfo atitude" from their CS.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this as a warning to other long-term Nettalk users.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be to expect international service, since it was offered when you signed up, and when it worked the last time you traveled internationally, and then find it not working during a subsequent visit, especially when you made no changes to your account!

Nettalk should have definitely provided a warning of a change like this that would affect long-term customers that signed up when international service was included!
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    They needed to answer my question correctly, instead of giving me a lecture, he did answer now: "Unfortunately, the International Roaming an Text was stopped by NetTalk Wireless Managerment since January 2018". To rfranzq & sonic, the service was running fine before, nettlk should've made it clear, or at least CS when asked. They should update their customers when changes occur. Not take away services quitly like this. Again, The service was running fine last year , wtf is up with the "you have a low cost service gtfo atitude" from their CS.
    try upgrading your plan - https://nettalkconnect.com/plans

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try upgrading your plan - https://nettalkconnect.com/plans
    What are you trying to show with that link? What info on that page do you think is helpful to the described issue? How could a page with "Residential VoIP Phone Service" info possibly help the issue with international cellular service?

Even if there would have been something on the page you linked that would help the described situation, the issue is that Nettalk changed the service being provided, apparently without informing current customers!

Feedback Score
    I had the same situations, two lines on Nettalk with great international for years. Then we left the country for 6 months and bam! nettalk removed international and left us with nothing. With their 1 day refund policy it really screwed us over with a lot of lost money in the long run.

Sad, as it was an amazing service and I still think its worth using if you are a home body, but with their random service plan change, it did not end well for us.