Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&Tís Donovan on T-Mobile/Sprint merger: We wonít contest it

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

AT&Tís Donovan on T-Mobile/Sprint merger: We wonít contest it

Well that should help the FCC/DOJ to move this to a approval.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well that should help the FCC/DOJ to move this to a approval.

I'm surprised by at&t on this. It's possible the Merger could knock att to 3rd place. Maybe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I'm surprised by at&t on this. It's possible the Merger could knock att to 3rd place. Maybe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My theory is they won't object to it since they have their own deal in the works. Kind of opening up a can of worms further that's already open

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    My theory is they won't object to it since they have their own deal in the works. Kind of opening up a can of worms further that's already open
    This. Furthermore they're hoping the reduction of competition will cease with constant price wars and maybe help them set up a status quo similar to Canadian cellular plan prices where they rape you.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    This. Furthermore they're hoping the reduction of competition will cease with constant price wars and maybe help them set up a status quo similar to Canadian cellular plan prices where they rape you.
    Yep. they probably view it as a little less competition that will benefit them in the long run.

Id be surprised if the new TMobile had decent prices after it's all said and done.

Hopefully I'm wrong

Feedback Score
    My theory is price collusion. Once there are 3 then all these sweet MVNO deals will be unwound & prices will shoot up.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    My theory is price collusion. Once there are 3 then all these sweet MVNO deals will be unwound & prices will shoot up.
    Yep. Probably just a matter of time before that happens.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    I don't see any similarity between Canadian and US Networks other than the physical geography size of each country. That physical size makes it expensive to build out and maintain a nation wide network. T-Mobile alone has almost Twice as many customers as every person that lives in Canada. Maybe having only two networks would work for Canada so that they could have more customers to pay for the two networks.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    We will have a 4th Network called Spectrum Mobile and Xfinity Mobile that formed a 50/50 joint venture. Comcast and Charter Communications have formalized a mobile operating platform partnership that will focus on the development and design of backend systems that support both Xfinity Mobile and the soon-to-launch Spectrum Mobile service. Sure Spectrum Mobile and Xfinity Mobile will be a MVNO under Verizon to roam on but both Comcast and Charter have their own fiber networks with millions of Hotspots and some spectrum for Small Cells to off load Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    We will have a 4th Network called Spectrum Mobile and Xfinity Mobile that formed a 50/50 joint venture. Comcast and Charter Communications have formalized a mobile operating platform partnership that will focus on the development and design of backend systems that support both Xfinity Mobile and the soon-to-launch Spectrum Mobile service. Sure Spectrum Mobile and Xfinity Mobile will be a MVNO under Verizon to roam on but both Comcast and Charter have their own fiber networks with millions of Hotspots and some spectrum for Small Cells to off load Verizon.

I'm really starting to get excited by the competition that this "could" represent in the very near future. This is the first time the Cable industry has gained any "real" traction as a MVNO.

With that said, I wonder how hard will these Cable MVNO's "really" compete against Verizon and the industry!?
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    I'm really starting to get excited by the competition that this "could" represent in the very near future. This is the first time the Cable industry has gained any "real" traction as a MVNO.

With that said, I wonder how hard will these Cable MVNO's "really" compete against Verizon and the industry!?

Xfinity Mobile is already cheaper than the networks for low data users. Comcast and Charter’s new mobile service is not a standard MVNO. While both will make use of Verizon’s network, it will only do so as a fallback Roaming. Most data and calls will use their vast network of WiFi hotspots. Comcast and Charter’s approach to its mobile service is Calls and data connections will be “WiFi-first”, routed through its vast network of WiFi hotspots and homespots for connections.

Comcast said "up to 80 percent of smartphone data traffic in the U.S. travels over Wi-Fi and not over cellular networks." And "Xfinity Mobile will include access to the company’s 16 million Wi-Fi hotspots, so that users can browse the web, stream music, watch video and other content without having to pay for cellular data. "

Also, Comcast did pay $1.7 Billion on 600 Mhz spectrum in the last FCC Auction that covers most of their service footprint.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Xfinity Mobile is already cheaper than the networks for low data users. Comcast and Charter’s new mobile service is not a standard MVNO. While both will make use of Verizon’s network, it will only do so as a fallback Roaming. Most data and calls will use their vast network of WiFi hotspots. Comcast and Charter’s approach to its mobile service is Calls and data connections will be “WiFi-first”, routed through its vast network of WiFi hotspots and homespots for connections.

Comcast said "up to 80 percent of smartphone data traffic in the U.S. travels over Wi-Fi and not over cellular networks." And "Xfinity Mobile will include access to the company’s 16 million Wi-Fi hotspots, so that users can browse the web, stream music, watch video and other content without having to pay for cellular data. "

Also, Comcast did pay $1.7 Billion on 600 Mhz spectrum in the last FCC Auction that covers most of their service footprint.

I had no idea that Comcast had available spectrum that wasn't sold to Verizon. Will they deploy it, is the million dollar question!?

Is this verified/confirmed anywhere that they indeed are operating by WiFi "first" as an official policy/tos!? It doesn't really matter to me, with the exception that I want as much robust competition as possible. This isn't Comcast first time trying to be a MVNO, so I'm pleasantly surprised that they're having the success they're having.

Heck, if they had better family-plan dynamics I might be inclined to give'em a whirl. Has anyone received an additional discount off your home internet for having both services!?

Edit... That stat about 80% of smartphone traffic being over WiFi is very surprising to me. I guess as someone who hardly uses WiFi it would be, but still...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm all for creating a new 4th entrant in the industry if it means Comcast/Charter could step up and make use of those airwaves; they each have the capital to do it. Obviously by 4th entrant I'm assuming the TMUS/S merger gets approved.

We've all been waiting for YEARS to see what Dish is going to do. I'm betting we'll finally start to see that spectrum get put to use by years end or at least hear some concrete evidence of their IOT plans over mobile even it means selling some of those airwaves.
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Ya nailed it!!!

Feedback Score
    That venture falls flat without VZW roaming & for non-bundlers. I call Rumpelstiltskin & shenanigans on this venture.

Take the worst of Sprint & the worst of T-Mobile today. And that'll be better than this. I see its customers as bundlers, non-travelers & people too stubborn to admit they made a mistake & port out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast