Thread: Total Wireless Slow Data At Home

Feedback Score

Total Wireless Slow Data At Home

I have been experiencing slow data speeds at home on Total Wireless. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and just checked Speedtest.net. The most recent check was 0.11 Mbps download and 1.23 Mbps upload. I have checked with the rest of the family and they are also getting slow speeds. Should I simply call or email Total Wireless? Can I/should I contact Verizon Wireless directly?

I have tried rebooting phones and it doesn't make any difference. Is there anything else that I should try?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I have been experiencing slow data speeds at home on Total Wireless. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and just checked Speedtest.net. The most recent check was 0.11 Mbps download and 1.23 Mbps upload. I have checked with the rest of the family and they are also getting slow speeds. Should I simply call or email Total Wireless? Can I/should I contact Verizon Wireless directly?

I have tried rebooting phones and it doesn't make any difference. Is there anything else that I should try?
    You are experienced de-prioritizing. If the local tower is very busy, you get in the bottom of the list for data priority.

Or if you have reached your data limit, you might be limited. But that should not happen. If you are at your limit you should just get **** off from data. Not sure on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

What speeds do you get when AWAY from home?

Have you tried a speed test at different times, like just after midnight, 6:00am, 10:00am, or 2:00pm? Is the speed any different?

You can try if you want, but I've never known of a non-direct Vzw customer to get anywhere trying to contact Vzw directly

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Have you tried a speed test at different times, like just after midnight, 6:00am, 10:00am, or 2:00pm? Is the speed any different?

You can try if you want, but I've never known of a non-direct Vzw customer to get anywhere trying to contact Vzw directly

A few minutes ago I got: 7.45 down and .89 up.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I see the same speeds during the day at home, but at night I get lots faster at home. The other place that I see faster speeds during the day is areas that Verizon has built these new small cells and/or updated their towers for XLTE.

Feedback Score
    Personally, at home we have WiFi from our internet provider, so I don't really care.
    But testing the speed on TotalWireless (WiFi off), yielded what you see in my signature.

Feedback Score

Wow, that is impressive. If I recall correctly, even when we were pure Verizon, we never got anything close to that!

Feedback Score
    I did another test right now, just to re-check. Not as good, but still more than everyone would need (55/23):

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3923738973

Feedback Score

Would returning to pure Verizon give me faster speeds or would it be the same?

Feedback Score
    Would returning to pure Verizon give me faster speeds or would it be the same?
    Do you live in a city with a dense population nearby? All trying to use the same cell tower? You need to speculate a little on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Jim1348 hasn't even answered my original questions. He gave a response, but nobody knows what question he was answering.

It's VERY frustrating trying to help someone who refuses to give helpful information, even when requested, and then asks more questions...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

About an hour ago, away from home, I got 3.33 down and 1.39 up.

Now, back at home, a minute ago, I got 2.22 down and 0.47 up.