Feedback Score

Metropcs is getting the lg stylo 4

Name:  IMG_5851.JPG
Views: 1081
Size:  32.1 KB

Hope it’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one not excited about these cheap *** phones? I'm guessing the specs will be between a Note 4 and 5. Except for newer processor architecture and OS updates it will be on par with all my sales staff 3-4 years ago.

Feedback Score
    I was in a store today, and they several prominent locations with signs saying "new phone coming soon".

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hope it's a 6"+ screen and they've improved the battery and camera a bit. This is the perfect chance for them to leap on the ZTE situation.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Am I reading this right that this phone has a stylus with it? Doesn't sound that bad. Removable battery. Did anyone try the 3?

https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-S...tylus_id104247

Here's info from Stylo 3

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=5367

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Am I the only one not excited about these cheap *** phones? I'm guessing the specs will be between a Note 4 and 5. Except for newer processor architecture and OS updates it will be on par with all my sales staff 3-4 years ago.
    No, obviously you're not. It just don't thrill me like it used too. Wish it did.

But nothing I've read or seen in the last few weeks has and I doubt ever will again convince me to waste money on a new flagship phone or post paid service again.

To me this is analogous to my driving Mercedes cars in the 80', when they cost a little more, but were probably a Superior product. They ain't no more, and imo flagship handsets ain't much Superior to some "cheap" ones. On the other hand if doing do makes you feel good or Superior, go for it.
    Last edited by plane; 05-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    No, obviously you're not. It just don't thrill me like it used too. Wish it did.

But nothing I've read or seen in the last few weeks has and I doubt ever will again convince me to waste money on a new flagship phone or post paid service again.

To me this is analogous to my driving Mercedes cars in the 80', when they cost a little more, but were probably a Superior product. They ain't no more, and imo flagship handsets ain't much Superior to some "cheap" ones. On the other hand if doing do makes you feel good or Superior, go for it.
    How would buying a 4 year old Note 4 with better specs than this new phone make me feel superior?

I picked up a pair of Note 8 for $300 LNIB. Would you be interested in any of these cheap phones if you regularly came across deals like that?

As far as cars. A strut went out on my AMG that was more to replace than a lot of cars on the road.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    How would buying a 4 year old Note 4 with better specs than this new phone make me feel superior?

I picked up a pair of Note 8 for $300 LNIB. Would you be interested in any of these cheap phones if you regularly came across deals like that?

As far as cars. A strut went out on my AMG that was more to replace than a lot of cars on the road.
    This subject is a combination of personal choice and experience. I really don't want to annoy or argue with you(you otherwise provide interesting info), but that said, in my expertise there were definitely significant and very noticable improvements with each new handset until maybe 2014 or 15. Sorry, but they're just not there anymore, to a high degree of significance as of late. You may have a point about updates, but the majority of it's just hype, and imo, some actually worse. However I also have to agree if you're buying note 8's for $300, that's a good deal, but someone had to take the depreciation on them. I'm just old. Making me believe I would pay even $300 for a device ten years ago when the top devices were maybe $150, seemed unbelievable.
    Maybe Ambrose Bierce, who in the late 1800's defined the telephone as an invention of the devil was right. Later up in

Feedback Score
    Not a big LG fan so it would kinda suck if ZTE ends up going Bye-Bye. ZTE does a pretty good huge phone.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

This makes you feel sperior? LOL.

I think the STYLO and ZMAX series are always exciting and it's great that those alternatives are available to customers. It's Incredibly easy for people to just walk into a store and pick up a $99 upgrade or pay the $149 or so... and be done with it. Not everyone wants to search eBay for bargains on older flagships, etc. If that makes you happy.... good for you

I use a BLADE ZMAX. Couldn't be happier. I've tried two models of Stylo, they're really good phones... but I prefer the ZMAX PRO/BLADE.

The Stylo 4 doesn't impress me only in that it doesn't appear to have many upgraded features over previous models. I would have liked a slightly larger screen and better battery.

Everyone has different needs which is why they make different models of phones

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Not a big LG fan so it would kinda suck if ZTE ends up going Bye-Bye. ZTE does a pretty good huge phone.
    I've never owned one either, I got interested when I read the previous model has both a replace able battery and a stylus, but from rumors the new one has a sealed battery. But b the biggest turn off came from you tube videos which imo taken together provide better info than any where else for comparing different handsets, really put the lg down, and showed why. I'm using a blade z Max now, which I know isn't perfect, but they also run comparsions between the z and the note 8, which I feel is the top of the line. However, the comparisons indicate a lot more similarities than otherwise, between , as they call the z "a food stamp phone" and a thousand dollar one. In all honesty, if the z had some kind of useful stylus, I'd never look back. On the other hand maybe I can get is3mach to pick me up a note 8.
    I just left a metro agent store, still have plenty for$60 with Port in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    This makes you feel sperior? LOL.
    Maybe we'll work on your reading...

As far as scouring Ebay and the like for deals, I don't. I buy local. People buy phones they can't afford. I buy those up. I also buy the ones people are upgrading to when the next phone comes out. People often say they thought they wanted to try android and just can't stand it.

Whatever the reason I'm an opportunist. These phones are not as nice as a 4 year old handset. If I had to choose between my old Note 4 and the LG Stylo I'd get a Note.

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    This subject is a combination of personal choice and experience. I really don't want to annoy or argue with you(you otherwise provide interesting info), but that said, in my expertise there were definitely significant and very noticable improvements with each new handset until maybe 2014 or 15. Sorry, but they're just not there anymore, to a high degree of significance as of late. You may have a point about updates, but the majority of it's just hype, and imo, some actually worse. However I also have to agree if you're buying note 8's for $300, that's a good deal, but someone had to take the depreciation on them. I'm just old. Making me believe I would pay even $300 for a device ten years ago when the top devices were maybe $150, seemed unbelievable.
    Maybe Ambrose Bierce, who in the late 1800's defined the telephone as an invention of the devil was right. Later up in
    They weren't $150 a decade ago. I think my Treo 600 and Treo 650 were $600 each.

The phones are awfully intertwined aren't they?

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe we'll work on your reading...

As far as scouring Ebay and the like for deals, I don't. I buy local. People buy phones they can't afford. I buy those up. I also buy the ones people are upgrading to when the next phone comes out. People often say they thought they wanted to try android and just can't stand it.

Whatever the reason I'm an opportunist. These phones are not as nice as a 4 year old handset. If I had to choose between my old Note 4 and the LG Stylo I'd get a Note.

They weren't $150 a decade ago. I think my Treo 600 and Treo 650 were $600 each.

The phones are awfully intertwined aren't they?
    Regardless of where you get them, it's still a bit more work than just going to a store and buying a new phone. Don't get me wrong, if you can get a used note 8 for $300 and you're happy with the condition, etc. Then more power to you. I personally don't want the hassle of trying to find that deal and have to compete with others (like you) trying to get the "killer deal" as well. In the end (for me) I don't even think it's worth it anyway. I'm actually very happy with my Blade Zmax.

But, it's very cool that there's a healthy secondary market for phones. I know it can be lots of fun picking up slightly older flagships for a steal. Nothing wrong with that at all.

In the old days I used to buy used phones. Got burned a couple times. My luck wasn't so good. Haha.

Feedback Score
    This phone would interest me if it had a 64GB option and 3GBs of RAM. 2GBs doesn't cut it anymore

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Regardless of where you get them, it's still a bit more work than just going to a store and buying a new phone. Don't get me wrong, if you can get a used note 8 for $300 and you're happy with the condition, etc. Then more power to you. I personally don't want the hassle of trying to find that deal and have to compete with others (like you) trying to get the "killer deal" as well. In the end (for me) I don't even think it's worth it anyway. I'm actually very happy with my Blade Zmax.

But, it's very cool that there's a healthy secondary market for phones. I know it can be lots of fun picking up slightly older flagships for a steal. Nothing wrong with that at all.

In the old days I used to buy used phones. Got burned a couple times. My luck wasn't so good. Haha.

Agreed, unless buying and selling is a joy to you. And I've stopped buying from individuals due to unpaid bills other issues. Rather pay a dealer a little more, and not have to worry. Besides n8's will be dropping as soon as n9 st arrives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast