Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Verizonís Visible review

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nexusBigot View Post
    Thanks for all that info. I'm considering a change from cricket and just getting up to speed on visible. Thanks to this thread I'm starting to understand that there is no CDMA and probably won't work as well in rural areas especially out west, even if it is eventually supported on my pixel 2. I have 4 devices in the family, so at this point the "Beyond Unlimited" VZW seems like it would work better for me. That is only $50 (vs $40 for Visible) each for 4 lines, not much of a difference although the postpaid adds taxes and fees.

Bottom line is, Cricket wireless currently gives me 4 lines (mine with hotspot) for $110 a month with "fake unlimited" at 3 Mbps. Cricket (AT&T) more or less matches Verizon for me in just about any urban or suburban area. Where Verizon really shines is when I drive into the middle of nowhere out West, but it seems as that would not be the case with Visible.

So for me Visible doesn't seem to offer anything new over Cricket. Unless I can get 100% of that great Verizon network in every city and town including all the CDMA and roaming towers (and most importantly of all) tethering it wouldn't match Verizon postpaid.
    Yeah the plan going forward is to have VZW LTE only activations as of june 30th. With that being said I have an LTE only phone and have been subjected to many issues trying to regain connection to LTE network for long periods of time. Also, my data has been so so in many different places. Im sure they are working out the kinks, but I rank it not reliable enough to say port a number over or carry the service with out an alternative. Soon enough they are rolling out a hot spot feature.
    AT&T LTE

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Yes I have

Quote Originally Posted by nexusBigot View Post
    Has anybody tried swapping the sim card into another phone after activation? Or even an android? For example you can only activate a Google FI sim on a few select Google phones, but after that it works on iPhone. I wonder if an activated Visible sim would work in an android.
    I signed up for teh service using an iPhone X and then after activating I switched the SIM over to my iPhone 6+. I have not tried an android device but I have gotten the service to work on my 6+. Now that being said, I have experienced the same as others with dropped calls, missing texts and the "No Service" on both phones. The No Service is the biggest PITA since I have to shut the phone down and power it back up to get the service back. Otherwise its a beta. I can also say that the Hotspot functionality doesn't work unless I used the lightning cable.

Feedback Score
    Just got my invite for early access? Have issues been ironed out over the last couple of weeks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcengland View Post
    Just got my invite for early access? Have issues been ironed out over the last couple of weeks?
    This thing is still basically a beta. Getting this service means you're willing to be a Guinea pig.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    This thing is still basically a beta. Getting this service means you're willing to be a Guinea pig.
    If I had been willing to spend $40/month for a backup phone, I would have been a good choice. Especially since Verizon VoLTE works well for me. But I'm currently spending $20 on a MVNO, and I would pay even less if I was willing to go through the porting hassle again.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I don't even see deprioritization on Verizon prepaid. The only two areas where I see a slowdown, also have a slowdown on all Verizon post paid devices.
    wouldn't the network mgnt system kick in on certain prepaid plans?? i know that it kicks in on the go unlimited plan the if you bump up to a beyond unlimited plan your guaranteed the amount of data your paying for every month where's there's no premium data on the go unlimited plan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4