Thread: Does Verizon allow you to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up?

Device(s)
    StarTac 7868W
    Feedback Score

Does Verizon allow you to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up?

Like the title says, I am having an issue because my Verizon phone picks up before 25 seconds passes, which is the threshold that Google Voice voicemail requires before it picks up.

Actually, it is probably right around 25 seconds, because half the time GV voicemail picks up, and the other half my Verizon phone does. It is really frustrating.

If I could change the number of rings or extend the time before my PP voicemail picks up, this issue would go away.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorge Retson View Post
    Like the title says, I am having an issue because my Verizon phone picks up before 25 seconds passes, which is the threshold that Google Voice voicemail requires before it picks up.

Actually, it is probably right around 25 seconds, because half the time GV voicemail picks up, and the other half my Verizon phone does. It is really frustrating.

If I could change the number of rings or extend the time before my PP voicemail picks up, this issue would go away.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Did you set up no answer forwarding on your phone?
    It will forward to GV and you can have it go directly to VM.
    I never have an issue with GV voicemail.
    I have VZW.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster