Device(s)
    StarTac 7860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Stock Nexus 5X, But No OTA Since March Security Patch

Any ideas why both my totally stock Project Fi Nexus 5X's wouldn't have received either the Apr or May security updates OTA? Currently on 8.1 with March patch.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There is no "reason" for it, it just is. Many users fret about it but there doesn't seem to be any degradation of service or functionality of the phone because the updates don't get issued rotely every month, whether there is a security issue or not.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    StarTac 7860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Actually, that was the reason for going with a Google phone - they DO issue security updates monthly. And, there WAS a security update patch issued for April and another for May for the Nexus 5X from Google. These 2 monthly OTA patches ARE available directly from Google for downloading and sideloading via adb using a PC, but in every past month for at least a year the OTA patch for stock, unrooted phones was also downloaded directly to these phones and a simple reboot was all that was needed to install them. So, either that has changed since March 2018 and only the sideload via a PC method is available (which 99% of users, including my wife, don't know how to do), or, for some reason some of the phones haven't gotten the OTA since March. Checking with a friend who also has a stock 5X, he hasn't gotten an OTA update since March either. Here's the link to all Google Fi phone OTA's including the April & May patches for the 5X: https://developers.google.com/android/ota

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was speaking of the distribution of them, not whether or not they existed. So what type of cell phone problems are folks experiencing that haven't received the OTA update yet?

Device(s)
    StarTac 7860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Follow-up. I chatted online with Fi support asking why I hadn't rec'd security patches since March on stock 5X on 8.1. After 2 min I was kicked to next level & guy hemmed & hawed & finally said they were still "testing the security patches for 5X" & they would be sent when ready. I said "but they are shown on the OTA downloads page for sideloading using ADB". Guy hemmed & hawed some more & we finished the chat. Very NEXT day, I rec'd the Apr OTA patch. As soon as I installed it, I rec'd the May patch. Installed & immediately got the June patch OTA. Downloaded, instaled & all seems to work fine. SO, if you haven't gotten patches recently, use Fi app to chat with support & see what happens. YMMV