Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Rogers double the data plans in Manitoba

Rogers has released a few new promotional plans in Manitoba that have double the data. The 10GB plan is now 20GB while the 15GB plan is now 30GB. Looks like the promotion is going on until July 3rd. It appears that the double the data plan works on month to month all the way to Premium+ tab. It doesn't list Roam Like Home or NHL so those features might be absent from this plan.

Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    RLH is probably included. I’ve seen many plans that don’t list it as part of the ad but when going into the plan details (once activated on the account) it says “Includes” with “Roam Like Home” listed underneath.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by telususer5 View Post
    RLH is probably included. I’ve seen many plans that don’t list it as part of the ad but when going into the plan details (once activated on the account) it says “Includes” with “Roam Like Home” listed underneath.
    Yep, I just changed my plan and sent a text to Rogers to enable RLH and it said that I was already subscribed. NHL Game Centre worked fine as well

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Post What's Going Down in Manitoba?

Name:  manitoba.png
Views: 633
Size:  69.1 KB

We've seen this type of behaviour before: in parts of the country where there's a strong local carrier Canada's Big Three suddenly become competitive. And that's exactly what's happening in Manitoba right now. Rogers launched the opening salvo by doubling the data on its 10 and 15GB family plans; Bell and Telus then upped the ante by offering a new 20GB shared data plan for $95/month—with a bonus 20GB. That's right, 40GB/month for $95 CAD, or $2.375 per gigabyte, along with Canada-wide calling and (probably international) SMS.

What's different this time around is that there's actually no local carrier in this market; Bell acquired MTS last year. So what exactly is going on here?

Daniel Bader, alumnus of Mobile Syrup and currently the managing editor at Android Central, told the CBC that these deals might simply be due to "a legacy of competition" in the province. In other words, it doesn't matter that there's no local competitor now—the mere fact that there used to be one is enough for the Big Three to offer palatable plans to the local public.

And here I was, secretly hoping that Manitoba was being used as a testbed for more reasonable data buckets for the rest of us...

Source: CBC
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post
    Name:  manitoba.png
Views: 633
Size:  69.1 KB

We've seen this type of behaviour before: in parts of the country where there's a strong local carrier Canada's Big Three suddenly become competitive. And that's exactly what's happening in Manitoba right now. Rogers launched the opening salvo by doubling the data on its 10 and 15GB family plans; Bell and Telus then upped the ante by offering a new 20GB shared data plan for $95/month—with a bonus 20GB. That's right, 40GB/month for $95 CAD, or $2.375 per gigabyte, along with Canada-wide calling and (probably international) SMS.

What's different this time around is that there's actually no local carrier in this market; Bell acquired MTS last year. So what exactly is going on here?

Daniel Bader, alumnus of Mobile Syrup and currently the managing editor at Android Central, told the CBC that these deals might simply be due to "a legacy of competition" in the province. In other words, it doesn't matter that there's no local competitor now—the mere fact that there used to be one is enough for the Big Three to offer palatable plans to the local public.

And here I was, secretly hoping that Manitoba was being used as a testbed for more reasonable data buckets for the rest of us...

Source: CBC
    I have this and its $55 per month not $95 LOL even better

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by IIxclusive View Post
    I have this and its $55 per month not $95 LOL even better
    oh????????????????????????
    Freedom Mobile: Everywhere Canada 100 (20gb) - 35% + $20 Ready To Go, US = $85 + TAX

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The promo is now over. Telus and Bell are still offering the double the data for now

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yup, Robbers and Bhell stopped offering that. Telus still has 10+10 GB available.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadas View Post
    Yup, Robbers and Bhell stopped offering that. Telus still has 10+10 GB available.
    telus has the 20+20 still too.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Where? On the website they don't even have 10+10 anymore! I see 15+1 as the highest lol

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadas View Post
    Where? On the website they don't even have 10+10 anymore! I see 15+1 as the highest lol
    bro in store. this aint no online stuff you can do. They ask for manitoba address and telus fraud will cancel your account or ask for ids to be sent in to match. Happened to be when I legitimately needed a winnipeg number.