Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Study: Verizon Has Fastest Mobile Downloads at 20.82 Mbps

http://www.telecompetitor.com/study-...-upload-crown/

Attachment 158152

Verizon customers enjoy the fastest mobile downloads in the U.S., followed by AT&T customers, according to a new study by Canadian-based mobile data company Tutela.

On the upload side, however, T-Mobile is leading the pack for speeds across 4G, closely followed by Verizon and AT&T, with Sprint trailing far behind, according to Tutela.

The researchers used nearly 1 million mobile network speed tests, and analyzed more than 11 billion data points while conducting the study in April. Based on those tests, Verizon had an average download speed of 21 Mbps followed by AT&T at 14Mbps, T-Mobile at 11.75 and Sprint at 8.51Mbps on average, across the country. The averages were based on typical-activity network tests.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Waiting on John Legere to tweet that these results are "fake" and that Tutela was hired by Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    That's why none of the tests mean but so much, regardless of who does them and who comes out on top.

I don't put too much faith in root, open signal, this one, etc

They all seem biased in some ways and are just for bragging rights

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Oops wrong thread

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It’s because they send a bunch of people to Queens to offset any low ones.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    Waiting on John Legere to tweet that these results are "fake" and that Tutela was hired by Verizon.
    Crowdsourced studies only seem great of they work on your favor.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Right now the speeds seem similar across the board for me so it's hard to say one is better than the rest. Over the weekend a friends att line was getting 60 down while my TMobile line was similar, and another friends Verizon line was yet again very similar.

So many variables involved also

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Agreed, yet so many around here seem to think they can infer network health based on speed tests alone. Speed tests can be neat but there's an unhealthy obsession with them to the point where a perfectly usable 5-10mbps down is considered abysmal, unless you folks are running crazy download heavy apps I'm not aware of.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    When streaming video I will hit 30Mb/s or 40Mb/s throughput from higher bitrate video files. Of course from the non popular video apps. Since only the popular video apps are throttled.

Feedback Score
    They are all fast enough to do what I want to do. I pick my carrier by cost value and breadth of coverage. AT&T and Verizon get the nod for that. I expect that T-Mo may get there some day.

Feedback Score
    Whatever works for you is what matters most. I use Verizon and AT&Tand while Verizon is the best in my market , at&t works the best at my job so they come in handy. Vz is supposedly going to add density here but I’ll believe it when I see it

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm happy we have 3 good carriers and for many a 4th works well now. I def include tmobile as being good since it works well for a lot of people and is expanding regularly and their rural should continue to get better. Sprint is good for some also even though they seem to struggle in some ways

Also doesn't matter to me if what other people use. If it works well for them they could have Johnny's cell service and it wouldn't matter to me

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    When 5G gets deployed we're gonna see a lot more 200-400 Mbps DL speed tests around here with higher peaks.

We're already seeing 200 Plus with LTE-A in certain spots under certain conditions when it's not raining and the trees within line of sight to the cell site had the foliage removed around 3am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Whatever works for you is what matters most. I use Verizon and AT&Tand while Verizon is the best in my market , at&t works the best at my job so they come in handy. Vz is supposedly going to add density here but I’ll believe it when I see it
    Where is here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Where is here?
    The NYC metro area

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast