Thread: Switched from Pageplus to Tracfone, can't get rid of remaining balance message

Feedback Score

Switched from Pageplus to Tracfone, can't get rid of remaining balance message

Greetings,

I recently switched both our phones from Pageplus to Tracfone in order to get iPhone 6s phones on 4g with pay as you go, using Verizon's network. Both our phones still have the Pageplus recorded message telling us how much our balance is, and now it always says the same balance, and obviously it's wrong as it's from a cancelled service. Pageplus told me that once I deleted the phone #'s from my account with them the messages would cease. Not so. Now they say they can't do anything about it, and Tracfone says the same thing. Whom do I need to contact about this? Also oddly, our service in SW Wisconsin is now worse with our 6s phones than it was with our 4s phones. I have heard that this may be because there are less 4g towers, or because 4s phones were GSM and CDMA, whereas the 6s would only be one or the other?

Thank you,

Peter. (No longer a pageboy!)

Feedback Score
    A couple of people have recently had the Page Plus balance announcement problem solved. It seems to take a good TF CSR to work with a PPC CSR. Try using chat, and if they balk at a fix end the conversation and try again with another chat CSR. Get a repair ticket issued.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pageboy View Post
    Also oddly, our service in SW Wisconsin is now worse with our 6s phones than it was with our 4s phones. I have heard that this may be because there are less 4g towers, or because 4s phones were GSM and CDMA, whereas the 6s would only be one or the other?
    Were the 4s phones running on Verizon? You can't run on both CDMA and GSM at the same time. The 4s is 3G only, while the 6s is LTE. Actually the 3G coverage in SW Wisconsin is worse than LTE, so it's surprising the 4s phones worked better. This only affects data anyway, as talk is 1X on either.

Device(s)
    Moto Z
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Peter

I had this problem for several months and was unable to get the issue resolved until recently. PM me and I will provide you with a number of someone who will be able resolve this issue for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmacted View Post
    I had this problem for several months and was unable to get the issue resolved until recently. PM me and I will provide you with a number of someone who will be able resolve this issue for you.
    I see no reason why you can't post the contact information in public for TF support. The CS numbers have been posted here for many years, and IS an important part of having TF service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I see no reason why you can't post the contact information in public for TF support. The CS numbers have been posted here for many years, and IS an important part of having TF service.
    If we are talking about posting the phone number of someone like the Manager of Customer Service that has been mentioned here, I think it should be handled by PM. If the contact info is posted, she will be inundated with phone calls about every problem that arises. All they will do is change the contact info.

Device(s)
    Moto Z
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    If we are talking about posting the phone number of someone like the Manager of Customer Service that has been mentioned here, I think it should be handled by PM. If the contact info is posted, she will be inundated with phone calls about every problem that arises. All they will do is change the contact info.
    The number I am willing to share and have shared with other members via PM is for the Manager of Customer Service. I personally do not feel it is appropriate to publically post this number.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Very thoughtful of you, gmacted !!

Feedback Score
    Were the 4s phones running on Verizon? You can't run on both CDMA and GSM at the same time. The 4s is 3G only, while the 6s is LTE. Actually the 3G coverage in SW Wisconsin is worse than LTE, so it's surprising the 4s phones worked better. This only affects data anyway, as talk is 1X on either.
    Our 4s phones were running on Verizon through Pageplus. We have never gotten coverage at home as it's too rural and there's no service. When we went to town with our 4s phones, coverage was fine. Now going to town with our 6s phones, coverage is spotty at best. I can't explain why. Still on Verizon, but through Tracfone now.