Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coverage Map?

Feedback Score

Coverage Map?

Hi y'all! Just curious, has anyone gotten bad data from the Cricket coverage map? In other words, have you experienced no cell service where the coverage map says there is?

I ask because I would like to switch to Cricket, but a couple of people told me where I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the near future isn't well supported by AT&T. But, the coverage map of both AT&T and Cricket show strong coverage in that area and at least 50 miles in all directions, it's just a solid color, which is what I'm looking for.

I could go to Verizon, but I really like Cricket. (I also like Metro, but has ZERO coverage there)
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Feedback Score
    are you selecting the prepaid AT&T coverage map ?? i think cricket uses the same map as AT&T prepaid.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Coyotex21;16993746]Hi y'all! Just curious, has anyone gotten bad data from the Cricket coverage map? In other words, have you experienced no cell service where the coverage map says there is?

I ask because I would like to switch to Cricket, but a couple of people told me where I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the near future isn't well supported by AT&T. But, the coverage map of both AT&T and Cricket show strong coverage in that area and at least 50 miles in all directions, it's just a solid color, which is what I'm looking for.

In my office there is no AT&T or Cricket coverage even though the map shows coverage. It's been this way for many years. AT&T is supposed to share a Verizon fake tree tower in the parking lot, but they have not yet done so. This is an urban area of Silicon Valley, with no hills or mountains. People have been waiting for more than ten years for AT&T to fix coverage issues.

Feedback Score
    I never trust coverage maps cuz dead zones can be really small. You're way better off testing the coverage yourself which is really easy to do with prepaid. I ordered a 99 cent H2o sim and $10.00 worth of minutes to test out At&t's prepaid coverage before porting to Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    Hi y'all! Just curious, has anyone gotten bad data from the Cricket coverage map? In other words, have you experienced no cell service where the coverage map says there is?

I could go to Verizon, but I really like Cricket. (I also like Metro, but has ZERO coverage there)
    Depends on where you are. AT&T (and T-Mo) coverage maps are notoriously bad. If you don't mind disclosing the general area, someone here probably knows. Otherwise, you will have to try it to find out. A fun thing to do is to go to a diner with counter service at lunch time and ask the service techs - HVAC, plumbers, electricians, etc. They will know.

You could get a Freedompop SIM for 99 cents to try it for a month.

Feedback Score
    Sure thing, the location in question is Chrisman, Illinois.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    Sure thing, the location in question is Chrisman, Illinois.
    Open Signal shows good AT&T coverage in town along 150 and 36. There is probably an AT&T cell in town. Signal peters out about three miles East of town. North, South, and West are covered a ways further.

Out in the farmland, it's hard to guess. It's probably ok within a five mile radius of town with more to the West than the East.

https://opensignal.com/

Population: 1318. Much corn there?

Feedback Score
    LOL.....yup, LOT'S of corn....and beans!

Well, looks like I'm gonna go with Cricket. Verizon (Page Plus and Total Wireless) won't accept my phone. Sprint doesn't have coverage there. T-mobile doesn't have coverage there. I LOVE Cricket and Metro, but since Metro is with TM, no luck there. People who work in the place I'll be going says AT&T doesn't work there, but the coverage map says so. I don't have a choice but to try it.

thanks for the help everyone!

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This question has been asked a million times, and the answer is there is no answer. Depending on your circumstance, like someone mentioned above, do some kind of trial. Today with so many inexpensive handsets available from cricket, att go phone etc, do a trial. Or call someone where your going, maybe an at t or cricket dealer where you're going.

Also, with the coverage maps, have you used the maximum magnification, both with cricket and t-m, others I imagine. What shows as good sometimes changes with Max mag.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    An interesting app I ran across called "cellmaps", one word, no more accurate, but can overlay every carriers maps for easier comparision.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Kinda related question.
    I'm visiting family in central PA. I have cricket, sis has at&t. Driving thru the mountains I lost coverage for 20-30min or so, yet she had coverage the whole time.

I had 3 cricket phones, all lost signal for the same time.

So is coverage different?
    Is it the bands in my phone's? But don't suspect it, I have a Moto g5, of Stylo, and some hiwuaei thing, sis has some iPhone.???

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw20 View Post
    Kinda related question.
    I'm visiting family in central PA. I have cricket, sis has at&t. Driving thru the mountains I lost coverage for 20-30min or so, yet she had coverage the whole time.

I had 3 cricket phones, all lost signal for the same time.

So is coverage different?
    Is it the bands in my phone's? But don't suspect it, I have a Moto g5, of Stylo, and some hiwuaei thing, sis has some iPhone.???
    Probably sis had roaming whereas you don't. What did coverage map indicate where you were. Central PA ain't too specific. There appears to be some roaming areas in Pa.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Probably sis had roaming whereas you don't. What did coverage map indicate where you were. Central PA ain't too specific. There appears to be some roaming areas in Pa.
    Map was mostly green, 4g, with some yellow 3g spots. No white, no coverage, areas.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw20 View Post
    I'm visiting family in central PA. I have cricket, sis has at&t. Driving thru the mountains I lost coverage for 20-30min or so, yet she had coverage the whole time. . . I had 3 cricket phones, all lost signal for the same time. . . So is coverage different?
    Yes, there are a few places in PA that ATT postpaid will work, but Cricket & ATT MVNO's won't. Only ATT postpaid has roaming agreements there.

I see about a 10-15 minute stretch of no coverage in Central PA along Route 15. Otherwise I much still prefer ATT over Verizon everywhere else since I only travel through there once or twice a year.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I guess that was my question, is there different coverage. I used to have virgin for years, and I know there was a HUGE difference in coverage from Sprint (which I had for many years before that, until they did away with discount's).
    But I thought cricket and att were equal coverage.
    And I meant lte not 4g in my previous reply.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180604-063738.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  56.8 KB
    Alcatel idol 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast