Thread: FreedomPop - 1 cent charges?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

FreedomPop - 1 cent charges?

Is anyone getting hit w/ these? Are these supposed to be OK or should I be asking to have these charges reversed?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ablang View Post
    Is anyone getting hit w/ these? Are these supposed to be OK or should I be asking to have these charges reversed?
    I did as well even though I haven’t used them in about two years. I ended up paying 2 cents on a credit card I never use lol. If it happens again I’ll report it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    I was charged too. Then cancelled all my known lines. Still got charged. The Twitter team did try to locate based on the credit card number yet got charged by 1 cent. I do not trust them having my credit card info, since I may have "missed" somewhere an option for them to charge me. I have asked the CC company to block all their charges.

Feedback Score
    I have to wonder - doesn't it cost them more in fees paid to Visa/Mastercard? The credit cards charge merchants something like two bucks per transaction, from what I understand.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Le Eco Le Pro 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No, they don't. They typically charge a percentage of the transaction in the range of 2-3%. I'm not sure if there is a charge at all for such a small transaction.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Le Eco Le Pro 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I did as well even though I haven’t used them in about two years. I ended up paying 2 cents on a credit card I never use lol. If it happens again I’ll report it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you actually need to delete your account to get it to stop. I'm not sure that porting out is enough. Their terms basically state that they'll charge you for an inactive account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ablang View Post
    I was when my usage was too low. I believe the stated minimum is 5 voice minutes or 5 MB data a month. I found that 5 was not enough. Someone mentioned that 20 is what it takes. Since I started using 20 minimum a month there have been no more 1 cent charges. Most of the time my data usage in OLAM doesn't show any use until I have used about 20 MB.

I did not bother with contesting the penny charges. I have better things to do with my time than worry about paying a few pennies for a great free service.

I think they are basically checking to see if your credit card is still valid.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4s W10M
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, T-Mobile Prepaid, Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Along with you and others I get 1˘ charges when my usage is low or non-existent, which comes to between 5˘ and 10˘ per year for two lines. I am OK with the charges, as I get much more value in having them available for intermittent back up than the dime or less per year costs me.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Device(s)
    s9+, Pixel2 XL, Pixel2, s8+, s8, Axon 7, Jelly Pro, etc
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi, Xfinity Mobile, att, tmo, RP/vzw/att, TF/att, FP, Tello, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    I have read that the minimum is 5 calls, not 5 minutes, as well as the 5MB. Since I have started followed the minimum of 5 calls I have not been hit with the 1c charges. Of course it could just be random too.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/35.0.2254/101.19; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

i have also but i got the 1 cent back
    Last edited by prepaidmasterz; 06-01-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    I have read that the minimum is 5 calls, not 5 minutes, as well as the 5MB. Since I have started followed the minimum of 5 calls I have not been hit with the 1c charges. Of course it could just be random too.
    Yes, I misstated that it is 5 minutes. It is 5 calls. I tried 5 calls and 5 MB a month and still got the penny charges. I am now just doing >20 MB a month and the charges stopped. 6 MB a week is much easier to do than 6 calls a week.

There is a lot about FP that appears random. I can't complain much for the price of free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Along with you and others I get 1˘ charges when my usage is low or non-existent, which comes to between 5˘ and 10˘ per year for two lines. I am OK with the charges, as I get much more value in having them available for intermittent back up than the dime or less per year costs me.
    There have been reports of service being suspended for lines with little or no use starting to use some. It looks like suspicious or out of character use to FP. I have it on my weekly to do list to use some data.

My FP is just for backup data on a tablet in case I don't have Wifi. When I need it I need it bad. I don't want it to get suspended and have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it restored the few times a year I actually need it.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4s W10M
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, T-Mobile Prepaid, Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There have been reports of service being suspended for lines with little or no use starting to use some. It looks like suspicious or out of character use to FP. I have it on my weekly to do list to use some data.

My FP is just for backup data on a tablet in case I don't have Wifi. When I need it I need it bad. I don't want it to get suspended and have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it restored the few times a year I actually need it.
    This has happened to me and all it takes is one click when logged in to one’s account. It’s a minor inconvenience and has never prevented me from accessing their services. As you pointed out this occurs _after_ one uses data on a SIM that has seen little use, not before.