Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would not be surprised if it did get blocked. I would not be surprised at all because it’s very monopolistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I would not be surprised if it did get blocked. I would not be surprised at all because it’s very monopolistic.

Yeah it would and though you didn't say it increased prices. However, on the other side, can Sprint survive without the never
    Merger.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I dislike Sprint as much as anyone and previously opposed this merger, however the terms as I understand them really put T-Mo in the drivers seat. I’m kinda excited to see what John can do with that spectrum. It’s pretty clear Sprint can’t execute their way out of a paper bag... I guess the alternative is to let Sprint fail?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Fake news. The merger "may be blocked" because the CEO of a competitor is praying for some regulatory review. That's laughable.

Of course the CEOs of the big 2 would love to see this merger blocked, that doesn't mean anything is going to happen. Why are you spreading FUD on this forum?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Fake news. The merger "may be blocked" because the CEO of a competitor is praying for some regulatory review. That's laughable.

Of course the CEOs of the big 2 would love to see this merger blocked, that doesn't mean anything is going to happen. Why are you spreading FUD on this forum?
    It’s not fake - what are you talking about? There is a good chance this doesn’t fall through which is the desired outcome.

Less companies is bad for consumers. Less in a field where it would be one competitor versus Ma Bell 2.0 is a tragedy for the ages. You can’t think Ma Bell wouldn’t love this merger to finally win and screw over the USA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

I don't know how much of this is true. I can't say for sure how Verizon or att actually feel about the merger but my guess would be their public comments may be pretty accurate. Controlling and industry with less players involved nationally is just easier. I would think the real small players in the industry, your us cell, cspire, etc. Would be much more against this merger than att or Verizon, as this could wipe them out of business.

As far as his warning, it's valid. A lot of people assume this Justice department is somehow easier on mergers than the last one. Nothing they have shown or said proves this to be true, in fact it may even be tougher on mergers than the previous administrations. For those that feel their suit on att and time Warner was politically motivated, look at this Justice departments comments on the NBC/Comcast merger that was passed in 2011. They make it clear they would not of passed that merger. I think all these companies lining up to merge are in for a very rude awakening if they feel this Justice Department is just going to ok everything. They seem to take their jobs VERY seriously and seem poised to heavily scrunitize every merger brought before them.
    Last edited by skylar_G; 06-02-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I'm starting to think it will be blocked also, or at minimum a very hard sale

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Randall is a tool
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    There is a good chance this doesn’t fall through which is the desired outcome.
    The desired outcome by AT&T, Verizon and their supporters! They want to keep T-Mobile and Sprint weak. And that's why Randall is coming out to knock the merger in a underhanded manner with quotes like this:

"I think [T-Mobile and Sprint] have a tough hill to climb, I mean, it's a classic horizontal merger where you're taking a competitor out of the marketplace," Stephenson said.

The reality is that competition will be increased. T-Mobile would better be able to compete for the business customers which is a big chunk of revenue for AT&T and Verizon. They'll also have a more robust network and be able to compete in rural areas too. They'll have a similar quantity of customers to AT&T and Verizon and it will be a fairer competition.

Less companies is bad for consumers. Less in a field where it would be one competitor versus Ma Bell 2.0 is a tragedy for the ages. You can’t think Ma Bell wouldn’t love this merger to finally win and screw over the USA.
    You've got it in reverse. The two Ma Bell derivatives are already the largest carriers and control the majority of the market with nobody to stand up to them. This merger would actually increase the field from two big carriers to three. And yes, that would be good for the consumer because of increased competition. AT&T and Verizon laugh at having two small competitors. You think they are ever in danger of losing their big corporate contracts or big governmemnt contracts to T-Mobile or Sprint currently? Of course not. They know Sprint and T-Mobile can't take them away. That will all change when the merger goes through and they know it.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't surprise me that att and Verizon wouldnt want the deal to go through

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    "I think [T-Mobile and Sprint] have a tough hill to climb, I mean, it's a classic horizontal merger where you're taking a competitor out of the marketplace," Stephenson said..
    What's incorrect about this statement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    What's incorrect about this statement.
    It's his opinion so I don't know why you'd would ask me in regards to correctness. But by him making this statement which then repeats a talking point of those critical of the merger, it's his way of making a negative statement about the merger without him coming out openly against it. Hence my calling the statement underhanded in the previous post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Hence my calling the statement underhanded in the previous post.
    How is his response any different than a response from Tim Cook if asked to comment on it. You don't feel horizontal mergers have a tough hill to climb in regards to removing a competitor to the industry?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you’ve been paying attention to this relationship... you know this merger is going to happen:

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-sof...usiness-2017-2

Unless the midterms bring us a big gift!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast