Thread: Deezer Forced Trial / Cancel Customer Service BS

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Deezer Forced Trial / Cancel Customer Service BS

So, I got the following text from Cricket:

Cricket here. Your Deezer music free trial ends on your payment date and you will be billed $6/month beginning with your next bill cycle. It's easy to view or cancel your subscription with the myCricket app- http://mycrk.it/apps to download.

Thing is I never opted in to try Deezer and never would. I figured it must be easy enough to cancel on the Cricket app or online. It's not. I followed the Deezer FAQ to cancel and there's nothing in my account settings.

Okay, I'll call customer service...Should be a piece of cake. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. They said there's nothing they can do, and that I have to call back the day before my billing cycle closes and they'll see if they can remove Deezer so it's not added to my next bill. They couldn't do anything more. Redic!

I guess I'll call back on the 7th and see what happens.

I've been so happy with Cricket over the years, and I'm not going anywhere but this is total BS!

Anyone else have this issue?

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Try to get some kind of documentation that you can save to present as proof of your attempts to cancel. Guess this will mean contacting CS via Crickets Facebook or Twitter support portals. Don't think they do email any longer.

I had a great experience resolving issues with my account via Cricket's Twitter support.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Try to get some kind of documentation that you can save to present as proof of your attempts to cancel. Guess this will mean contacting CS via Crickets Facebook or Twitter support portals. Don't think they do email any longer.

I had a great experience resolving issues with my account via Cricket's Twitter support.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks, I think I may go the Twitter route. I did have good luck with their email support in the past. Sux they killed that.

Feedback Score
    I had something similar happen a few months back. I never started the trial and it wasn't even showing on my account when I called/chatted. I had them note just in case and it never charged me.

Feedback Score
    Keep trying. Somebody should be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by stiladam View Post
    Thanks, I think I may go the Twitter route. I did have good luck with their email support in the past. Sux they killed that.
    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stiladam View Post
    So, I got the following text from Cricket:

Cricket here. Your Deezer music free trial ends on your payment date and you will be billed $6/month beginning with your next bill cycle. It's easy to view or cancel your subscription with the myCricket app- http://mycrk.it/apps to download.

Thing is I never opted in to try Deezer and never would. I figured it must be easy enough to cancel on the Cricket app or online. It's not. I followed the Deezer FAQ to cancel and there's nothing in my account settings.

Okay, I'll call customer service...Should be a piece of cake. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. They said there's nothing they can do, and that I have to call back the day before my billing cycle closes and they'll see if they can remove Deezer so it's not added to my next bill. They couldn't do anything more. Redic!

I guess I'll call back on the 7th and see what happens.

I've been so happy with Cricket over the years, and I'm not going anywhere but this is total BS!

Anyone else have this issue?
    I received the same text yesterday. Checked my account and app and neither show Deezer trial or feature anywhere on my account - other than to sign up for it. And it's not listed in my upcoming charges for next month. So ignoring it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveH2O View Post
    I received the same text yesterday. Checked my account and app and neither show Deezer trial or feature anywhere on my account - other than to sign up for it. And it's not listed in my upcoming charges for next month. So ignoring it.
    I figured it had to be happening to others. I decided to do the same and see if the charge shows up on my account after the 8th and deal with it after the fact. If it does charge us, and I assume thousands of others, it's going to cause them a lot of problems.