Thread: short review of Sprints network

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

short review of Sprints network

i was a sprint customer for 10 years, my last year was 2012 and since its been a good while since ive been on the network and at the time boost was offering 2 months free and 6GB for $35 and what ive remember from being on sprint before wasnt all that bad in fact i like sprint...anyways with new LTE radios/towers and 3 bands of LTE as well, whelp it didnt take long at all to notice how awful the network was as a whole...again sprint really F up...this prob has been brought up before but for someone not being on sprints network in a long time its new..

ok so super slow upload speeds..DL was ok, they need to add 3xCA and fix upload
    3 bands of LTE and no VoLTE which lead to voice calls to be on CDMA a true nightmare, i notice that they are running 1x800 for voice which is a tad better than voice on 1900
    GPS issues which lead to my google maps F,ing up and not updating the route like it should etc...
    text/mms would take forever to send

when i left sprint they was putting BILLIONS of money into the network? guess everyone just filled their bank accounts and left..where did the money go? network is really bad and im not just saying all this just to bash on them, i was a customer for like 10 years

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i was a sprint customer for 10 years, my last year was 2012 and since its been a good while since ive been on the network and at the time boost was offering 2 months free and 6GB for $35 and what ive remember from being on sprint before wasnt all that bad in fact i like sprint...anyways with new LTE radios/towers and 3 bands of LTE as well, whelp it didnt take long at all to notice how awful the network was as a whole...again sprint really F up...this prob has been brought up before but for someone not being on sprints network in a long time its new..

ok so super slow upload speeds..DL was ok, they need to add 3xCA and fix upload
    3 bands of LTE and no VoLTE which lead to voice calls to be on CDMA a true nightmare, i notice that they are running 1x800 for voice which is a tad better than voice on 1900
    GPS issues which lead to my google maps F,ing up and not updating the route like it should etc...
    text/mms would take forever to send

when i left sprint they was putting BILLIONS of money into the network? guess everyone just filled their bank accounts and left..where did the money go? network is really bad and im not just saying all this just to bash on them, i was a customer for like 10 years
    I have a few suggestions for you. In order for this to be useful to others, you need to indicate where you were located when you experienced such awful performance. Was it all the time or only under some circumstances like peak usage times? What make and model phone do you have?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese View Post
    I have a few suggestions for you. In order for this to be useful to others, you need to indicate where you were located when you experienced such awful performance. Was it all the time or only under some circumstances like peak usage times? What make and model phone do you have?

ok, so it was happening all the time and i even called sprint and they just did some tricks i remember doing many years ago when i was on sprint postpaid...

the area was Pittsburgh going all the way down to Greensburg then going to Scottsdale so like idk like 60 miles?

had a cheap LG power X? from boost and then a iphone 7 (not mine)

the LG was able to hit max of 83mbps at night but the upload was total crap with 0.49mbps using band 41...i do alot of Google Duo video calls and i could never use my cell data (very slow upload) when i wanted to Duo always had to use wi-fi

so the data was useless along with voice calls sounded like ur on the very first cell phone eve made no lie...

just ported my number to ATT prepaid and its a total 180 wow!

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    The Sprint network has actually improved measurably here in Seattle. Not that it is great now, but I have noticed the improvement. Fewer areas with fallback to EV-DO. Speeds are somewhat better overall. Sprint has been improving things here.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    My short review of Sprint. Its great in Kentucky where I live. I pay $75 for 2 unlimited Boost lines. 8 gb hotspot on both. Fees taxes included. Roaming also. I would love for any of the Sprint/Boost bashers to find me a better deal.

Feedback Score
    Very poor speeds in Sacramento and most of Bay Area. Where it's really bad is on our north coast..darn near unusable.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    The Sprint network has actually improved measurably here in Seattle. Not that it is great now, but I have noticed the improvement. Fewer areas with fallback to EV-DO. Speeds are somewhat better overall. Sprint has been improving things here.
    the only thing i saw that they put work in was 1x800 it was alot better then 1x1900 BUT the 800 still wasnt good for voice..it also bounce from 1x800 to 1x1900 alot..sprints network COULD be good if they knew what the hell they are doing with these towers...too many holes in the network smh...but if it works for u then go with it but my area straight up sucks for sprint all around

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spaldingsmails7 View Post
    My short review of Sprint. Its great in Kentucky where I live. I pay $75 for 2 unlimited Boost lines. 8 gb hotspot on both. Fees taxes included. Roaming also. I would love for any of the Sprint/Boost bashers to find me a better deal.
    ok so u have a "good plan" but u didnt say anything about the network in ur area?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Very poor speeds in Sacramento and most of Bay Area. Where it's really bad is on our north coast..darn near unusable.
    i feel ur pain, i really do....sprint got a HUGE steak on is plate that its got to eat!!!

Feedback Score
    ok so u have a "good plan" but u didnt say anything about the network in ur area?
    I have zero issues with coverage in my area. No complaints.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spaldingsmails7 View Post
    I have zero issues with coverage in my area. No complaints.
    what state ?

Feedback Score
    In Fresno, just horrible.....5mbps to 2mbps if lucky. MetroPCS was getting between 20 and 59 in the same places

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    IPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    ok, so it was happening all the time and i even called sprint and they just did some tricks i remember doing many years ago when i was on sprint postpaid...

the area was Pittsburgh going all the way down to Greensburg then going to Scottsdale so like idk like 60 miles?

had a cheap LG power X? from boost and then a iphone 7 (not mine)

the LG was able to hit max of 83mbps at night but the upload was total crap with 0.49mbps using band 41...i do alot of Google Duo video calls and i could never use my cell data (very slow upload) when i wanted to Duo always had to use wi-fi

so the data was useless along with voice calls sounded like ur on the very first cell phone eve made no lie...

just ported my number to ATT prepaid and its a total 180 wow!
    News flash... location location location, is prepaid great or what, easy to move on. You seem more invested though.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    Sprint is going to be a part of the T-Mobile network soon so yea

Sent from my SM-S727VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    News flash... location location location, is prepaid great or what, easy to move on.You seem more invested though.
    yea thats because i was a Nextel and Sprint customer for over 10 years and watching both networks going to crap and sprint is just filling their pockets and not putting money into the network also nobody their knows wtf they are doing with the network...sprint/Nextel will always be part of me