Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TMFL Question

Feedback Score

TMFL Question

I know Tracfone doesn't support TMFL anymore but some of the older phones bundles on QVC and HSN supported this.

I originally bought a BYOP and triple minutes two years ago. Earlier this year I bought an HSN bundle and talk/text/data were tripled.

I was going to buy another packaged phone in hopes of getting triple again. To better my chances would I be better off transferring back to my original phone or is the TMFL on my current phone now?

I know there are no guarantees but I need a new phone so I figured I would try getting the triple while I was at it. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skobydog View Post
    I know Tracfone doesn't support TMFL anymore but some of the older phones bundles on QVC and HSN supported this.

I originally bought a BYOP and triple minutes two years ago. Earlier this year I bought an HSN bundle and talk/text/data were tripled.

I was going to buy another packaged phone in hopes of getting triple again. To better my chances would I be better off transferring back to my original phone or is the TMFL on my current phone now?

I know there are no guarantees but I need a new phone so I figured I would try getting the triple while I was at it. Thanks
    I found some TMFL SIM cards at family dollar a week or 2 ago for $.05 a piece. Try getting a SIM card there. Some people are selling ones on eBay

Sent from the X

Feedback Score
    The bundles either come with TMFL or smartphone plans only, so your current phone won't have any influence on that independent fact of what the bundles come with.

Feedback Score
    You will need a clean BYOP CDMA IMEI to activate a BYOP CDMA SIM - can't use a TracFone branded phone's CDMA IMEI for that. No IMEI required if activating a BYOP GSM SIM. These basics must be factored into whether someone can make use of a TMFL BYOP kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    I found some TMFL SIM cards at family dollar a week or 2 ago for $.05 a piece. Try getting a SIM card there. Some people are selling ones on eBay

Sent from the X

Feedback Score
    The only TMFL model I see on the shopping networks is an LG Premier on QVC. It's been over a year since TracFone stopped introducing new TFML models, so they are getting harder to find.

Feedback Score
    I just bought the Rebel 2 bundle in Dec of 2017 (didn't activate it until March 2018). What I did was I transferred/activated from my old BYOP to the new Rebel 2 and received triple minutes. This has worked for many other people also.

The advertisement did not say triple minutes. I believe it's a glitch because it's worked for many people who had triple phone BYOPs and added the new bundle to it.

I'm debating on whether or not I should transfer back to my old BYOP and then transfer/activate to a new Rebel bundle or just try it from my (now old) Rebel 2.

Feedback Score
    I read up on some recent posts and it looks like the tripling is no longer working.

Feedback Score
    I read up on some recent posts and it looks like the tripling is no longer working.
    Even if you have a TMFL sim?

Sent from the X

Feedback Score
    I just bought the Rebel 2 bundle in Dec of 2017 (didn't activate it until March 2018). What I did was I transferred/activated from my old BYOP to the new Rebel 2 and received triple minutes. This has worked for many other people also.

The advertisement did not say triple minutes. I believe it's a glitch because it's worked for many people who had triple phone BYOPs and added the new bundle to it.
    Have not seen anything about the Rebel 2 being TMFL. It came out in May 2017 and was one of the first models marked smartphone-only. You can transfer the service from a TMFL phone, but not the TMFL feature. A bundle has to be applied to the phone it was sold with, including it's original SIM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's a pretty vague statement. Tripling no longer works when? Adding a time card to an existing phone/SIM with TMFL, activating a TF-branded phone advertised as TMFL, activating a BYOP SIM from a kit advertised as TMFL?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Have not seen anything about the Rebel 2 being TMFL. It came out in May 2017 and was one of the first models marked smartphone-only. You can transfer the service from a TMFL phone, but not the TMFL feature. A bundle has to be applied to the phone it was sold with, including it's original SIM.

If someone had (maybe still works) a TMFL sim and buys a Rebel 2/3 bundle you end up getting 4500/4500/4.5GB when you transfer to that. It worked for a number of people including myself. If you want to see go to slickdeals and read the posts.

I transferred my Rebel 2 back to my old phone yesterday that had the TMFL sim and everything transferred back. The weird part is my online account is showing my now active phone has the same IMEI as my old Rebel 2. I think Tracfone may have killed off my TMFL sim by doing this. I use wifi so much for my data and calling that hardly use any mins anyway.

I'll still buy the bundle for the year service even if it's no longer triple.

Name:  tracfone3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  63.6 KB

Feedback Score
    If someone had (maybe still works) a TMFL sim and buys a Rebel 2/3 bundle you end up getting 4500/4500/4.5GB when you transfer to that. It worked for a number of people including myself. If you want to see go to slickdeals and read the posts.

I transferred my Rebel 2 back to my old phone yesterday that had the TMFL sim and everything transferred back. The weird part is my online account is showing my now active phone has the same IMEI as my old Rebel 2. I think Tracfone may have killed off my TMFL sim by doing this. I use wifi so much for my data and calling that hardly use any mins anyway.

I'll still buy the bundle for the year service even if it's no longer triple.

Name:  tracfone3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  63.6 KB
    I think that the number you've circled (the portion that's ahead of the phone number, and the part that's after the word "Old") is the "nickname" assigned to that device. Click on the "All Options" on the right side of the blue bar, then click on "Edit Nickname".

I don't think you've lost TMFL. You can check by looking at the options you get when you try to buy airtime. If you get BOTH smartphone and paygo plans, you've still got TMFL. The paygo plans will say "3X airtime for your phone."

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It was a was glitch, tripping the bundled minutes when it should not have.

Nothing you can do no to increase the chances if that happening again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    I think that the number you've circled (the portion that's ahead of the phone number, and the part that's after the word "Old") is the "nickname" assigned to that device. Click on the "All Options" on the right side of the blue bar, then click on "Edit Nickname".

I don't think you've lost TMFL. You can check by looking at the options you get when you try to buy airtime. If you get BOTH smartphone and paygo plans, you've still got TMFL. The paygo plans will say "3X airtime for your phone."

When I had the Rebel 2 the 3X wasn't an option but now it's back. I'm not sure if the person who said it was no longer working tried first going back to his original phone or tried from his bundled phone.

Part of me wants to buy it just to check but I don't really need it. I guess the worst thing that would happen is I get another year service with 1500/1500/1.5GB for $60.00.

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    It was a was glitch, tripping the bundled minutes when it should not have.

Nothing you can do no to increase the chances if that happening again.
    It seems I may have increased the chances because the the 3X on the airtime is showing again now that I've went back to my old TMFL phone. The only way to find out is to buy another bundle and see what happens........not sure I want to do that right now.

Feedback Score
    Okay, you've got me in suspension so I concur with the part of you that wants to buy the bundle and go for triple to see if it happens again

When I had the Rebel 2 the 3X wasn't an option but now it's back. I'm not sure if the person who said it was no longer working tried first going back to his original phone or tried from his bundled phone.

Part of me wants to buy it just to check but I don't really need it. I guess the worst thing that would happen is I get another year service with 1500/1500/1.5GB for $60.00.

It seems I may have increased the chances because the the 3X on the airtime is showing again now that I've went back to my old TMFL phone. The only way to find out is to buy another bundle and see what happens........not sure I want to do that right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast