Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Issue with 3 lines on Freedom Mobile.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    7
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Issue with 3 lines on Freedom Mobile.

    Our family has 4 lines with Freedom Mobile. My wife has a normal plan and the 3 kids have simple sms plans. Here is the breakdown

    Wife - $40/mon - Sony Xperia
    Kid #1 - $5/mon - Huawei U1250
    Kid #2 - $5/mon - LG Nexus 5
    Kid #3 - $5/mon - Huawei Nexus 6P

    Up until mid March, all was working great. In Mid-March, the kids would drop cell service every minute or so and take about 10 minutes to re-acquire and then continue the cycle. They could never receive a call or place a call and SMS takes about 10 minutes to go through. We called Freedom and after basic troubleshooting they sent us to a store for new SIMs. That seemed to stabilize the dropping but the service remained the same. No calls and delayed SMS. I called back. They advised us they had a service issue and would look into it and call us back. No Call. Waited a month. Nothing. Called them back and after getting to level 1 support, they advised us there is still a service issue in our area. My wife's phone is working great this whole time. I decided to try some trouble shooting. Swapped the sim from Kid#1 and Wife phone. Now Kid#1 phone works (with Wife SIM) and the Wife Phone has the issue. I then took the phones to Brampton (work there) and same issue. We were in Kitchener last week... same issue there. We live in Mississauga.

    I tried calling back yesterday and they would not let me go past level 1 support saying there is a service issue in my area. Any suggestions????

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    217
    Carrier(s)
    .
    Feedback Score
    0
    The old story with Wind / Freedom. Get you running around in the hope that you will cease and desist.....lol. Maybe you should look into other providers with better coverage with, albeit slightly higher prices but at least you have something that works. A cheap plan that doesn't work is no bargain.

    If you are comfortable with pre-pay, you might check out Public Mobile, which is a flanker brand of Telus thus the coverage, using their own and Bell towers, is much better than Freedom.
    Pixel 2.
    Nexus 5.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    7
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skifan View Post
    The old story with Wind / Freedom. Get you running around in the hope that you will cease and desist.....lol. Maybe you should look into other providers with better coverage with, albeit slightly higher prices but at least you have something that works. A cheap plan that doesn't work is no bargain.

    If you are comfortable with pre-pay, you might check out Public Mobile, which is a flanker brand of Telus thus the coverage, using their own and Bell towers, is much better than Freedom.
    Thanks Skifan, but it has been working great for 6 years. Just stopped working and Public Mobile doesn't have a package for SMS anywhere near as cheap. $5 / month has been great.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    near Edmonton
    Posts
    363
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ridiculous isn't it, how can a service provider have an ongoing issue for this long? Any company wanting to make money would fix that straight away. Feel your pain mate

    Sent from my [BlackBerry Keyone] using HoFo mobile app
    Lucky Albertan who has five $59 lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    195
    Carrier(s)
    Public / Freedom / T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wind's network can be hit or miss at times. They are cheap though.

    Also PM does have a $10 text plan but its only 50 mins + 50 texts. Depending on your kids usage it can be cheaper if you factor loyalty and auto pay discounts.

    $10 - $2 autopay - 0-$5 loyalty discount = $3

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    217
    Carrier(s)
    .
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugplay View Post
    but it has been working great for 6 years. Just stopped working.
    By crippling your text only plans, Freedom is not trying to 'encourage' you to upgrade to a more expensive option are they?

    Surely they would not resort to such tactics?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    152
    Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugplay View Post
    Our family has 4 lines with Freedom Mobile. My wife has a normal plan and the 3 kids have simple sms plans. Here is the breakdown

    Wife - $40/mon - Sony Xperia
    Kid #1 - $5/mon - Huawei U1250
    Kid #2 - $5/mon - LG Nexus 5
    Kid #3 - $5/mon - Huawei Nexus 6P
    What is the APN on your kids phone? Are they on PYW plans with sms pack.

Similar Threads

  1. weird issue with texting on ultra mobile
    By shaolinchamp in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2015, 02:24 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
  3. Issues with GAGIN on T720
    By huckedup16 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:51 PM
  4. Problem with t616 on T-mobile?
    By bitablespore in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 10:33 AM
  5. 2 lines on Bell Mobility
    By mmek in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-13-2002, 01:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks