Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Koodo Out of Province Plans

Feedback Score
    Oh wow, here we go again. Four step process that has been going on for years and years. The discussion continues on how does it work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 12.0b4)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Oh wow, here we go again. Four step process that has been going on for years and years. The discussion continues on how does it work.
    Quit whining.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    There wasn't a single mention of how long it would take to complete all of the steps..
    Look again. The sticky at the top of this forum has a link to a thread with detailed instructions from August 2015 in the very first post.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Look at step number 5.

This is the reason why these threads were being closed by mods all the time. People too f'n lazy to search and asking the same questions over and over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    LG 535
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but the mega-thread said several times that the "loophole is closed" with respect to the Manitoba plan, so I want to make sure I am not confused/mistaken.

I live in Manitoba. My partner just moved from Halifax to Alberta and needs an Alberta number. Can I simply:

1) sign up for the $48 MB plan;
    2) get an alberta number from somewhere (any suggestions on the cheapest/easiest way to do this? twilio? fongo? random sim card from a gas station?); and
    3) port the Alberta number in.

Once all is said and done, will I have any issues if I want to transfer ownership of the plan to her?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Now you've got it! Just remember that step 3 (switching to QC plan) should be done on the first day of your billing cycle. You should be able to port in your current AB phone number to your new Koodo QC plan.

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app
    I thought you can only port your number once.

1) Sign up under AB PLan with AB number
    2) Switch to QC number and QC plan online
    3) port your AB number

When can he change his number to QC number? Online as well
    When can he port his number back to AB number?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtleman85 View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but the mega-thread said several times that the "loophole is closed" with respect to the Manitoba plan, so I want to make sure I am not confused/mistaken.

I live in Manitoba. My partner just moved from Halifax to Alberta and needs an Alberta number. Can I simply:

1) sign up for the $48 MB plan;
    2) get an alberta number from somewhere (any suggestions on the cheapest/easiest way to do this? twilio? fongo? random sim card from a gas station?); and
    3) port the Alberta number in.

Once all is said and done, will I have any issues if I want to transfer ownership of the plan to her?

Thanks in advance.
    The loophole was closed for Manitoba for online only. But if you actually live in Manitoba, you can go to any Koodo location and get the $48 plan. You can then get a Koodo prepaid SIM.

Make sure to register using two different email addresses for the post paid MB $48 account and prepaid account in Self Serve.

When you register for the prepaid in Self Serve, you'll have an option of selecting a number from any province so you can choose an AB number.

Then port it on top of the MB $48 line.

However, you may have a problem with the transfer of responsibility. I have never done it, but I don't think it can be done online. So you either call in or go to a store. In either case Koodo may notice the line with an AB number and an out of province plan, flag your account and force you onto an in market AB plan. YMMV of course.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by canifz View Post
    I thought you can only port your number once.

1) Sign up under AB PLan with AB number
    2) Switch to QC number and QC plan online
    3) port your AB number

When can he change his number to QC number? Online as well
    When can he port his number back to AB number?
    Port once per billing cycle.

1) Open a new line with a new AB number and AB plan
    2) Change to QC number same day
    3) Wait for the new billing cycle (4-9 days) and switch to QC plan
    4) If the old AB number is with another carrier, port it in. If it's with Koodo postpaid, it has to be ported out to Koodo prepaid first and then ported in on top of the new line with QC number and QC plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    What are you guys talking about? It's working. Choose Transfer number in Self Serve, that takes you to the old site. Then Option 1 - I need a new mobile phone number. I was able to select Quebec, then city, clicked Search and it gave me 3 numbers. I did not go through with the actual change though, since I don't wanna change my 416 number.
    there isn't any "transfer number" under self serve.
    I am already on a $54 6 gb plan and just trying to get the latest better plan; does that mean I have to move to a prepaid plan to start with?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    there isn't any "transfer number" under self serve.
    I am already on a $54 6 gb plan and just trying to get the latest better plan; does that mean I have to move to a prepaid plan to start with?
    Yes, there is. Just have to find it. Once you are logged in, click on Self Serve menu, select Mobile Services, Manage your phone number, select Transfer your phone number.

Since you are already on a Koodo postpaid plan, you have to go through prepaid, as its not possible to port from postpaid to postpaid. But that should be your last step. First, get a new line with a new plan, then port your existing line out to Koodo prepaid and then from prepaid to the new postpaid line.

Feedback Score
    thank you for your prompt response. I did exactly the same thing and once I clicked "manage your phone number" and this was what I got

"An error has occurred.
    Oops! We're unable to change your phone number right now."

I am in BC. Any idea? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1209 View Post
    thank you for your prompt response. I did exactly the same thing and once I clicked "manage your phone number" and this was what I got

"An error has occurred.
    Oops! We're unable to change your phone number right now."

I am in BC. Any idea? Thanks.
    Hmm, I just tried it and it works fine. Try clearing your browser cache and try again.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post

In this day in age, there is no need for loopholes. You can be offered a legitimate "MB" Koodo plan with 8GB for $45/month in ANY province simply by being a Public Mobile customer.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    In this day in age, there is no need for loopholes. You can be offered a legitimate "MB" Koodo plan with 8GB for $45/month in ANY province simply by being a Public Mobile customer.
    Well unless you’re not on Public Mobile or you are but didn’t receive the offer. I am currently on Koodo on the $40 4GB and tried to get them to switch me to the new $45 8GB plan, spoke to a regular customer service rep and a support rep who supposedly spoke to an activations rep and no dice for me.

Did just receive a text offer to add 2gb for $10 a month or 6gb for $15 a month. Still a little to spendy for me.

Device(s)
    nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    I know the loophole for MB has been closed, does anyone know for the new SK plan $45 for 8gb, can we still do the same as prior?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keljai View Post
    I know the loophole for MB has been closed, does anyone know for the new SK plan $45 for 8gb, can we still do the same as prior?
    Both MB and SK have been closed for a long time. Loophole only works with QC plans.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast