Thread: any promo Samsungs still with OLED screens?

Feedback Score

any promo Samsungs still with OLED screens?

Girlfriend got I think it was the Galaxy Sky a year back which came with a 5" OLED in some HSN promo which we thought was absolutely gorgeous, after seeing it I wanted one too but they didn't come back... everything is super-ambiguous now when I watch. They have J3's and J7's like at HSN, but it never says OLED anymore... they dont even list the exact model number now, it's like some may have had it but there's like six different J3's with different RAM, different Android versions...

Is there even a promo phone from Samsung still available from HSN or QVC (or as some other cheap promotional reconditioned whenever) or are those just gone now? :-P The only oddity I see is something from Straight Talk which looks like it requires me to bundle service but i'd really rather have a Tracfone esp cuz with the service it's probably a deal killer anyways.

I actually have a dual purpose in mind for an OLED screen... ideally a tracfone for daily use to upgrade to, but even if not, if cheap enough that's okay too. (another reconditioned no service Sky with OLED could be okay) There's these cheap hacks letting you use it as an HMD for VR hence my sudden re-interest in OLED...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unit_shifter View Post
    Girlfriend got I think it was the Galaxy Sky a year back which came with a 5" OLED in some HSN promo which we thought was absolutely gorgeous, after seeing it I wanted one too but they didn't come back...
    I bought a Samsung J3 Sky (model S320VL) on Tracfone web site in early March. The phone was $50; when bought together with a $15 time card there was a coupon for $20 OFF which brought the bundle price down to $45. That was probably the last batch of J3 Sky. I haven't seen it in TF web site since.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a Net10 Samsung Galaxy Sky with a Tracfone SIM card in it. The SIM card is activated on an IMEI of a Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (a cheap slow phone). I have put this activated SIM in other Verizon phones also. You may be able to find a Sky from Net10 or Straight Talk and get a cheap CDMA Tracfone to activate and then move the SIM to the Sky.

Feedback Score
    So I should watch Tracfone for their own bundles/maybe it will turn up there again. Yes my GF got a SM-S320VL and i'd very much like to get the same exact identical phone as long as it's not overpriced. (i'm well aware I can get it at higher prices defeating the purpose ) Yet it looks like not even the J7 Pro or whatevers have OLED (it's a bit vague and not clear) anymore! Wonder if Samsung was losing too much money sticking OLED in a lowly tracfone, or what... or if there are any newer ones that will be coming out from them with OLED even if not the lowest price new yet.

eohippus I didn't fully understand, wouldnt the Net10/ST phone have to be unlocked to accept a tracfone sim? Plus I assume it counts as a bring your own phone by then anyways? Part of why I really liked the Sky was also the triple minutes for life - all the newer sammys are both crappy LCD's instead and no triple nothing... if I woulda known i'd never seen it again at promo prices I would have bought ten!