Thread: Total Wireless says my iPhone X model A1865 (Global) is not compatible, why?

Feedback Score

Angry Total Wireless says my iPhone X model A1865 (Global) is not compatible, why?

This is the CDMA/GSM (SIM free) model; I'm using Straight Talk-Verizon on it now. Is TW goofed up? I'm thinking of switching to TW but am afraid until I can get this sorted-out.

Also, does Total Wireless limit upload and download speeds?

TIA

Feedback Score
    could be that the phones imei is tied /registered to the straight talk verizon sim. try removing the phones imei from the straight talk account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your phone is possibly "Slim Locked" the IMEI is held captive by Slim and the TracFone family it will probably not work on any other Tracfone subsidiary. You can take it to any other carrier or MVNO just not Tracfone Co.
    Last edited by TacoDan; 06-07-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    Do you mean "sim locked?" If so, how would it become locked? I bought this directly from Apple. BTW, I used an AT&T compatible ST sim before.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No “slim locked” is referring to Carlos Slim the owner of tracfone. Tracfone brands are notorious for holding imei numbers captive as described by TacoDan earlier.

Feedback Score
    Just take the number to T-Mobile for a couple days and then move it to TW.
    There is no "slim" locking, it's just that Trafone are incapable to move an account from Verizon to Verizon. It is something inside Verizon billing for Trafone as a company, they (VZW) "decide" what happens with the IMEI numbers, not the MVNO's.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Your phone is possibly "Slim Locked" the IMEI is held captive by Slim and the TracFone family it will probably not work on any other Tracfone subsidiary. You can take it to any other carrier or MVNO just not Tracfone Co.
    The name of the owner of TracFone is pronounced "es lim," so the play on words does not work.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I chatted with a Total Wireless rep yesterday. Short version is that if I had not first used ST the phone would have been fine for TW. This is just odd.

BTW, i confess to being wrong about this phone (too many phones) - I bought this phone at a Verizon store.

I imagine I'll stay with ST for now; maybe change plans...

Feedback Score
    Switch the phone and number to T-Mobile pay-as-you-go for a couple of days (the $3/month plan). Then go back to TW, it will work.

Feedback Score
    Looks like I'll be jumping ship, at least for a while. I'm going to sign up for Sprint's Unlimited Kickstart program - unlimited, $20.00 ($15.00 with autopay) per month. I know Sprint is not the most robust network to it will be a test.