Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Travel Pass in Japan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    687
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Travel Pass in Japan

    So according to Verizon's site Japan does not offer 2G data service, only 3G and LTE. So what happens there after you exhaust the 512MB Travel Pass high speed data limit? Thanks.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, back to Verizon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,869
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mreg45 View Post
    So according to Verizon's site Japan does not offer 2G data service, only 3G and LTE. So what happens there after you exhaust the 512MB Travel Pass high speed data limit? Thanks.
    You aren’t “dropped to 2G” you are throttled to 2G like speeds on LTE.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17,862
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    You aren’t “dropped to 2G” you are throttled to 2G like speeds on LTE.
    Well said, exactly correct.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,097
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has ATT also followed Verizon regarding implementation throttling to 2g speeds on their equivalent of the Verizon Travel Pass.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,808
    Device(s)
    iPhone X Factory Unlocked/Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Has ATT also followed Verizon regarding implementation throttling to 2g speeds on their equivalent of the Verizon Travel Pass.
    Nope and hopefully they don’t but if they do I’ll be back on Verizon.

Similar Threads

  1. Best option for traveling in Japan?
    By Ten Four in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2017, 07:56 PM
  2. Travel rentals in Japan?
    By amrando in forum Japanese Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
  3. Best Japanese carrier to rent SIM or mobile hotspot while traveling in Japan
    By jbarsoum in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 12:11 AM
  4. Should I be in japan ? ;)
    By AdmiralAK in forum Regional Providers and Other Providers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2001, 08:20 PM
  5. PHS in Japan?
    By chapuka in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2001, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks