Thread: What's metro going to do to match Sprint?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

What's metro going to do to match Sprint?

I see this stupid question on the cricket forum and I apologise for doing it here. I don't think either metro or cricket has to do anything, but hopefully it will lessen the chance the $4/$100 plan will be dropped anytime soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I see this stupid question on the cricket forum and I apologise for doing it here...

Then why did you?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Then why did you?
    Most here have either knowledge or insight.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    These “What will...?” threads are beyond inane.

Answer: They’ll do whatever the f*** they want or don’t want to do.

Feedback Score
    MetroPCS and Cricket are not going to do anything. You can't sell unlimited service at $15.00 a month and make money. Sprint is doing crazy things to try and keep customers. IMHO if the merger with T-Mobile does not go as planned they are doomed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    MetroPCS and Cricket are not going to do anything. You can't sell unlimited service at $15.00 a month and make money. Sprint is doing crazy things to try and keep customers. IMHO if the merger with T-Mobile does not go as planned they are doomed. Also assuming that after the merger, that the new company grandfathers these rates, and improves service, would be great rates.
    ? and 8

They've been doomed before that. At the same time they'll pull some customers and retain others, and hopefully delay competitors from bumping their rates at least for a while.

What happened when t-m bought metro? They were cdma too, did they allow them to retain their rates. Also, what happened when they turned the cdma service off

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    MetroPCS and Cricket are not going to do anything. You can't sell unlimited service at $15.00 a month and make money. Sprint is doing crazy things to try and keep customers. IMHO if the merger with T-Mobile does not go as planned they are doomed.

Right you were. They're ending the offer this weekend, said too many customers. Actually, probably true, as the more they had, the more they would lose. Amtrac has the same problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I wouldn’t use Sprint if they paid ME $15/mo. Their network sucks. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post

I agree, I was checking it out for a friend, who is reluctant to change, as they're happy with there service, and in the end that's all that matters. However, one thing I've learned, is how significant the "tax included aspect" of metro and others is.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree, I was checking it out for a friend, who is reluctant to change, as they're happy with there service, and in the end that's all that matters. However, one thing I've learned, is how significant the "tax included aspect" of metro and others is.
    Here we are (again) talking about Sprint... but since we are, what’s really remarkable to me is how many people they still have given how bad they are. It remind me of politics in that no matter how bad the facts are some people just don’t care. Maybe the Russians helped Sprint too?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Here we are (again) talking about Sprint... but since we are, what’s really remarkable to me is how many people they still have given how bad they are. It remind me of politics in that no matter how bad the facts are some people just don’t care. Maybe the Russians helped Sprint too?

True, but a couple of things. First they are probably going to be a part of the Tm system before too long. Second, tm used to be almost as bad as Sprint, but have made great improvements. Sprint made promises of great improvements, but never delivered. Hope they don't negativly influence tm.

Feedback Score
    Depends on where you are. Sprint can be more than adequate in a lot of places. If one needs to travel nationwide and not just by plane from one major metro area to another, Sprint is weak sauce. So is T-Mobile. The difference is that T-Mo is improving and can be expected to be a credible rival to Verizon and AT&T in a few years. Sprint is close to stagnant in coverage expansion.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Depends on where you are. Sprint can be more than adequate in a lot of places. If one needs to travel nationwide and not just by plane from one major metro area to another, Sprint is weak sauce. So is T-Mobile. The difference is that T-Mo is improving and can be expected to be a credible rival to Verizon and AT&T in a few years. Sprint is close to stagnant in coverage expansion.
    True, but a couple of things. First they are probably going to be a part of the Tm system before too long. Second, tm used to be almost as bad as Sprint, but have made great improvements. Sprint made promises of great improvements, but never delivered. Hope they don't negativly influence tm.
    Actually we're all wrong... now that T-Mobile is allowing Sprint customers to roam on T-Mobile it's in fact the best deal out there!

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually we're all wrong... now that T-Mobile is allowing Sprint customers to roam on T-Mobile it's in fact the best deal out there!
    I'd suggest that anyone getting onto the Sprint network at this point should pick their phone wisely. Perhaps a model with enough all inclusive bands that it'll work if Tmo starts to dismantle the CDMA side of things after a merger. Or just a basic cheap phone that you can toss and upgrade without caring. Just don't spend a bundle on a phone that may not work on the New Tmo network (dismantled CDMA).

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app