Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: Christian Wireless Providers

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    People pay extra money to a company to save them time hopefully, whether its cell phones or something else, which Charity Mobile does very well. A secondary thought is some purchases, is what is your purchase funding in a company's profit, which of course for the most of us I hope, we are not funding some unethical or immoral business such as drug dealing, porn shops, and the like. https://2ndvote.com/company-scores/ tells the story for many companies dealing in not as extreme bad moral behavior, depending on your liberal or conservative point of view. My experience with cellular since 1998 and pagers before that, one time or another you are going to need quality and helpful customer or tech support, especially with cell phones or the network especially as much as they break. Not everything is easily Googleable, and some issues such as billing is not going to be resolved fully in a forum such as this. Yeah, people will try to save money, which is good to some extent and I do that, but if go with very cheapest, you get what you pay for. Yes, I shop here and there at the Dollar Tree, decent customer service and prices for sure, but with their no refund policy and I do not expect them to roll out the Rolls Royce welcome mat for me. Bottom line, with all of these cell phone, Christian or not, and tech companies, do they try to do what's right when something goes wrong for the customer? And any business you use enough, it will as no person or company is perfect. Chick-fil-a has in a few common sense instances for me quickly over the years. Too many cell and tech companies focus on profit, which is good, but not to the extent it hurts customers. Christian companies such as Charity Mobile lets themselves be blessed by not pulling the wool over a customer's eyes, and Chick-fil-a makes more revenue per restaurant than any other quick food chain in the country only open six days a week vs. others open seven days. Go figure. Respectfully, every one chooses their cell phone provider, the Big 4 or one of the MVNOs depending on price and their needs and for some their beliefs. Just sharing here, as techfranz above says 'I think you will make more of difference concentrating on helping people who need it along the way.' Some people appreciate this thread and post, but others do not and most of us adults here, can make their own cell phone with service choices based on their life situation with the helpful information provided in this thread and many many others at Hofo and like sources.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    I heard Glenn Beck advertising Patriot Mobile for the first time today.

    He's claiming that using Patriot keeps money paid to the big cell phone service providers from going to Planned Parenthood and some other liberal organizations that he named.

    While that is a good intention, where does he think most of the money paid for service through Patriot goes? IT GOES TO THE SAME PLACE...one of the big cell phone service providers!!!!!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not to sound like an advertisement, but stating a fact. I have been a Charity Mobile customer for over two months now. This month they lowered their rates on a few of their plans. Not only for new customers, but they with a Chick-fil-a kind of heart as a cell phone company, they did so also *automatically* for all of their existing customers with these plans :^) Never had that happen before with a company where on a plan, whether cell phone, cable, etc.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spurkcell View Post
    Not to sound like an advertisement, but stating a fact. I have been a Charity Mobile customer for over two months now. This month they lowered their rates on a few of their plans. Not only for new customers, but they with a Chick-fil-a kind of heart as a cell phone company, they did so also *automatically* for all of their existing customers with these plans :^) Never had that happen before with a company where on a plan, whether cell phone, cable, etc.
    That's just like Tello does when they lower rates.

    But...how is, for example, $39.90/mo for UT&T&2GB LTE + $0.04/MB overage a good deal?

    https://www.charitymobile.com/plan-2gb.html

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's just like Tello does when they lower rates.

    But...how is, for example, $39.90/mo for UT&T&2GB LTE + $0.04/MB overage a good deal?

    https://www.charitymobile.com/plan-2gb.html
    Tello runs on Sprint per their FAQ, bad coverage experience before and a relative who nearly lost her life from a home break in years ago with poor in home Sprint coverage, with the burglars cutting the landline before breaking in. Charity Mobile runs on Verizon Wireless. Price though important, isn't everything. Also Sprint does not work well in my wooded valley neighborhood and cannot use it as a landline replacement, so that would be an added expense getting a landline with unlimited long distance. Sorry in advance, regardless what you say, you are NOT convincing me on Tello.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,100
    Feedback Score
    0
    >But...how is, for example, $39.90/mo for UT&T&2GB LTE + $0.04/MB overage a good deal?

    How DEAR you speak of money when there are unborns to be saved! Your SOLE is at steak!

    Charity Mob recently announced it donated 2 million to pro-life orgs. That's 5% of its profits, which would be 40 million. A fine racket. There's money to be made in culture wars.

    https://lifesitenews.com/news/mobile...es-of-customer

    Edit: Ooopsie me...the 5% is of gross revenue, not net.


    >Price though important, isn't everything.

    Price may not be everything, but on this forum, it's almost everything.

    >regardless what you say, you are NOT convincing me on Tello.

    I doubt Boz was trying to get you to switch to Tello, just that you're paying a lot for somebody's claim of baby savior. You're basically paying double for what your plan is worth, compared to other vendors. And for that, only 5% of your payment goes to the charity, while the biz pockets the 95%. It doesn't take a financial wizard to see that you're getting a raw deal.

    This has been talked about before. If you really want to give money to the cause, just pay straight to the charity and let them have 100% of your money, as opposed to just 5%.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spurkcell View Post
    Tello runs on Sprint per their FAQ, bad coverage experience before and a relative who nearly lost her life from a home break in years ago with poor in home Sprint coverage, with the burglars cutting the landline before breaking in. Charity Mobile runs on Verizon Wireless. Price though important, isn't everything. Also Sprint does not work well in my wooded valley neighborhood and cannot use it as a landline replacement, so that would be an added expense getting a landline with unlimited long distance. Sorry in advance, regardless what you say, you are NOT convincing me on Tello.
    What does ANY of that that have to do with your statement about it being unique for a provider giving all current customers new lowered prices? It doesn't, and Charity Mobile is NOT unique in that regard, despite what you tried to claim, and no matter how much you later try to change the subject of that point.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NYC/New Paltz, NY
    Posts
    120
    Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    How DEAR you speak of money when there are unborns to be saved! Your SOLE is at steak!
    That's uncalled for. I think Boz1 and others have already pointed out that they could pay the same money to get mobile service AND contribute much more to the charity of their choice.

    I personally wouldn't recommend going this route to even my Catholic freinds. Cut out the middleman and give DIRECTLY to charity would be my advice but I wouldn't disrespect or mock them for making this choice.

    Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    Charity Mobile is priced 20-25% less than going with Verizon Wireless directly. And way better customer service, my experience has been 5-star, than VZW direct considering Verizon's layoff's https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbap...urcer-infosys/ in the last year loss of experienced and knowledgeable personnel which after more than 24 hours of their subpar customer service since then on three issues, enough is enough. So far yet, even with Verizon's financial difficulties, multiple posts on various wireless forums report Verizon Wireless's and AT&T's networks are better than Sprint or T-Mobile nationwide. You do pay a premium to be on the VZW network, and in Charity Mobile's case for time saving better customer service. Also personally needed is blocking text messaging on an elderly relative's line on my family account, who uses a cell phone as a phone only and not as a text or data device, which Charity Mobile and very few MVNOs do (saying few, because personally have not found any MVNOs who do, but someone here might know of one). You are not going to convince every senior citizen to use a smartphone, with their tech adverseness and health issues per this article https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...ulation-000531 . Though I have a backup prepaid phone with AT&T Wireless which pay less than $10 monthly, as a Christian, I cannot support many of their views and causes they now support https://www.2ndvote.com/business-entity/att/ is worst, though admittedly none of the major of cell network carriers are great here and cell phone service on the road is a need, but faith carriers typically partner with either Verizon (Charity Mobile) or Sprint (Patriot Mobile). Since we are talking about faith and Christian carriers here in this thread, if you fund businesses that support evil causes in their profits, its going to affect the future of our nation more negatively, but that's a whole other forum discussion altogether.

    Sure, if price is super important to you, you can pay $10 a month for cell phone service, but like that used car, you get what you pay for including lacking sometimes needed customization, and good luck getting decent support when something goes wrong.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >But...how is, for example, $39.90/mo for UT&T&2GB LTE + $0.04/MB overage a good deal?

    How DEAR you speak of money when there are unborns to be saved! Your SOLE is at steak!

    Charity Mob recently announced it donated 2 million to pro-life orgs. That's 5% of its profits, which would be 40 million. A fine racket. There's money to be made in culture wars.

    https://lifesitenews.com/news/mobile...es-of-customer

    Edit: Ooopsie me...the 5% is of gross revenue, not net.

    >Price though important, isn't everything.

    Price may not be everything, but on this forum, it's almost everything.

    >regardless what you say, you are NOT convincing me on Tello.

    I doubt Boz was trying to get you to switch to Tello, just that you're paying a lot for somebody's claim of baby savior. You're basically paying double for what your plan is worth, compared to other vendors. And for that, only 5% of your payment goes to the charity, while the biz pockets the 95%. It doesn't take a financial wizard to see that you're getting a raw deal.

    This has been talked about before. If you really want to give money to the cause, just pay straight to the charity and let them have 100% of your money, as opposed to just 5%.
    I actually don't think Charity Mobile donates 5% of subscribers' total payment, based on the wording on the Charity Mobile website. As I already noted above, with the way Charity Mobile set up it's pricing, which seems to be SPECIFICALLY so they don't have to donate as much, since it's 5% of PLAN PRICE, not TOTAL cost (Monthly Line Price is not Monthly Plan Price, and is therefore probably excluded from the 5%), it just doesn't seem to be on the "up and up". For example, to get UT&T&2GB LTE, the total cost is $39.90/mo, but that is broken down as $14.95 Monthly Plan Price+$24.95 Monthly Line Price.

    It's clear that spurkcell has an agenda, and it's NOT to truly support Christian / pro life charities. The agenda appears to be to try to fool people that are Christian and/or pro life into thinking they are doing good by using a provider that donates to Christian / pro life charities. But in reality, it only enriches the owners of those overpriced services, and provides a much smaller benefit to the charities than would otherwise be possible.

    If spurkcell REALLY wanted to help support Christian / pro life charities, they would encourage every subscriber to these kinds of outrageously overpriced services, like Charity Mobile, to switch to a normally priced MVNO, and as I and others have said for months since this thread started, donate the DIFFERENCE of that overpriced service compared to a normal service directly to charity, which would result in a MUCH bigger benefit to the charities! In the case of the 2GB plan, that could be as much as $20 per MONTH!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spurkcell View Post
    Charity Mobile is priced 20-25% less than going with Verizon Wireless directly. And way better customer service, my experience has been 5-star, than VZW direct considering Verizon's layoff's https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbap...urcer-infosys/ in the last year loss of experienced and knowledgeable personnel which after more than 24 hours of their subpar customer service since then on three issues, enough is enough. So far yet, even with Verizon's financial difficulties, multiple posts on various wireless forums report Verizon Wireless's and AT&T's networks are better than Sprint or T-Mobile nationwide. You do pay a premium to be on the VZW network, and in Charity Mobile's case for time saving better customer service. Also personally needed is blocking text messaging on an elderly relative's line on my family account, who uses a cell phone as a phone only and not as a text or data device, which Charity Mobile and very few MVNOs do (saying few, because personally have not found any MVNOs who do, but someone here might know of one). You are not going to convince every senior citizen to use a smartphone, with their tech adverseness and health issues per this article https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...ulation-000531 . Though I have a backup prepaid phone with AT&T Wireless which pay less than $10 monthly, as a Christian, I cannot support many of their views and causes they now support https://www.2ndvote.com/business-entity/att/ is worst, though admittedly none of the major of cell network carriers are great here and cell phone service on the road is a need, but faith carriers typically partner with either Verizon (Charity Mobile) or Sprint (Patriot Mobile). Since we are talking about faith and Christian carriers here in this thread, if you fund businesses that support evil causes in their profits, its going to affect the future of our nation more negatively, but that's a whole other forum discussion altogether.

    Sure, if price is super important to you, you can pay $10 a month for cell phone service, but like that used car, you get what you pay for including lacking sometimes needed customization, and good luck getting decent support when something goes wrong.
    So, are you saying, possibly by some miracle, that these overpriced MVNOs don't pay anything to the underlying provider that they get service from, therefore eliminating the support of organizations that support things you don't believe in? Interesting, but people on HoFo aren't that stupid!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    Charity Mobile is as Christian as Chick-fil-a. Again since we are talking Christian and faith cell phone providers, sadly there is not one that owns a cell phone network, because if there was one that also took care of my wireless needs, I would be there. Given a reasonable choice, you can choose to follow God or not in your daily needs. So far, He has blessed me in my choice of Charity Mobile, and likewise others who have chosen Charity. Of course, some people do not get it.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spurkcell View Post
    Charity Mobile is as Christian as Chick-fil-a. Again since we are talking Christian and faith cell phone providers, sadly there is not one that owns a cell phone network, because if there was one that also took care of my wireless needs, I would be there. Given a reasonable choice, you can choose to follow God or not in your daily needs. So far, He has blessed me in my choice of Charity Mobile, and likewise others who have chosen Charity. Of course, many people do not get it.
    You are the one that doesn't get it.

    You prove that by mentioning Chick-fil-a. There is no comparison. Chick-fil-a provides a good, mostly unique product, for a reasonable price, NOT as much as DOUBLE the price for something similar like Charity Mobile does. AND Chick-fil-a is also closed on Sundays to allow employees the opportunity to attend traditional church services AND Chick-fil-a is still profitable AND Chick-fil-a donates to charities. But, as already mentioned, Chick-fil-a charges a reasonable price for what they provide, unlike Charity Mobile!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    441
    Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    0
    I suggest a wireless phone call to God, and see what He says. I've got my answer from Him. I am going to trust a perfect God or a flawed human being.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,321
    Feedback Score
    0
    IF Charity Mobile offered service at a competitive price, and IF Charity Mobile didn't have a two-tiered pricing system that appears to be designed to fool people into thinking that more of what they pay is being donated to charity than probably really is, I would support them.

    But because Charity Mobile is severely overpriced, and on top of that, because Charity Mobile seems to be trying to fool people with their pricing structure, it looks like a scam by the owners to try to profit from appearances, I will not stop pointing those things out.

    Sadly, many Christians are gullible, and Charity Mobile will probably continue to profit by preying on people that can be fooled.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is any wireless provider actually MAKING money??
    By JohnnyK in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 08:18 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 11:03 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2002, 12:54 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2002, 12:29 PM
  5. Overseas Wireless Providers.
    By torontonian2001 in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2001, 09:46 PM

Bookmarks