Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Christian Wireless Providers

Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    Done with this conversation and thread. Boz1 and others, say what you want further. I am not reading it or responding to it as NEVER opening this thread again. Have a good life and after life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spurkcell View Post
    Done with this conversation and thread. Boz1 and others, say what you want further. I am not reading it or responding to it as NEVER opening this thread again. Have a good life and after life.
    Thank you!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I suggest a wireless phone call to God, and see what He says.
    Good idea. You should try it. I expect it'd go a lot like this.
    https://youtu.be/r3O8dHgto-w

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If spurkcell REALLY wanted to help support Christian / pro life charities, they would encourage every subscriber to these kinds of outrageously overpriced services, like Charity Mobile, to switch to a normally priced MVNO, and as I and others have said for months since this thread started, donate the DIFFERENCE of that overpriced service compared to a normal service directly to charity, which would result in a MUCH bigger benefit to the charities!
    But that would be hard. Resesrching charities, finding good ones, remembering to give, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    But that would be hard. Resesrching charities, finding good ones, remembering to give, etc.
    Uh huh...

Feedback Score
    Charity Mobile is priced 20-25% less than going with Verizon Wireless directly. And way better customer service, my experience has been 5-star, than VZW direct considering Verizon's layoff's https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbap...urcer-infosys/ in the last year loss of experienced and knowledgeable personnel which after more than 24 hours of their subpar customer service since then on three issues, enough is enough. So far yet, even with Verizon's financial difficulties, multiple posts on various wireless forums report Verizon Wireless's and AT&T's networks are better than Sprint or T-Mobile nationwide. You do pay a premium to be on the VZW network, and in Charity Mobile's case for time saving better customer service. Also personally needed is blocking text messaging on an elderly relative's line on my family account, who uses a cell phone as a phone only and not as a text or data device, which Charity Mobile and very few MVNOs do (saying few, because personally have not found any MVNOs who do, but someone here might know of one). You are not going to convince every senior citizen to use a smartphone, with their tech adverseness and health issues per this article https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...ulation-000531 . Though I have a backup prepaid phone with AT&T Wireless which pay less than $10 monthly, as a Christian, I cannot support many of their views and causes they now support https://www.2ndvote.com/business-entity/att/ is worst, though admittedly none of the major of cell network carriers are great here and cell phone service on the road is a need, but faith carriers typically partner with either Verizon (Charity Mobile) or Sprint (Patriot Mobile). Since we are talking about faith and Christian carriers here in this thread, if you fund businesses that support evil causes in their profits, its going to affect the future of our nation more negatively, but that's a whole other forum discussion altogether.

Sure, if price is super important to you, you can pay $10 a month for cell phone service, but like that used car, you get what you pay for including lacking sometimes needed customization, and good luck getting decent support when something goes wrong.
    Into my second week with Chairty Mobil and all good. One of the best mvno's I've tried over the years with very responsive c/s, website that works, fast data, and excellent call quality. A bonus is they are pro life and pro charity.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Into my second week with Chairty Mobil and all good. One of the best mvno's I've tried over the years with very responsive c/s, website that works, fast data, and excellent call quality. A bonus is they are pro life and pro charity.
    Wow. Jesus rose from the dead in three days. It took this thread six months to do it...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    I think Charity Mobile's rates cost more than Vzw Prepaid in some cases.

Remember, whatever you see for a rate on the Charity Mobile website REQUIRES an ADDITIONAL $24.95/mo MONTHLY LINE PRICE for normal LTE data.

So, for example, the 6GB/mo plan will cost $54.90/mo, the 10GB/mo plan will cost $74.90/mo, and the 15GB/mo plan will cost $94.90/mo! After the data allowance, each MB used costs $0.04/MB, or ~$40.96/GB. Charity Mobile rates are high!

For comparison, Total Wireless charges $45 for 10GB ($35 UT&T&5GB+$10 5GB) or $55 for 15GB ($35 UT&T&5GB+$10 5GB+$10 5GB)! As an aside, new TW users currently get 10GB on the $35 plan for the first 90 days.

The Charity Mobile website indicates "Charity Mobile sends 5% of your monthly plan price to the Pro-Life, Pro-Family charity of your choice!" But remember, the "MONTHLY PLAN PRICE" is only the amount BEFORE the $24.95 "MONTHLY LINE PRICE"!

So, for the Charity Mobile 10GB/mo plan, out of the $49.95/mo "MONTHLY PLAN PRICE", only $2.50/mo is going to charity out of the $74.90/mo "MONTHLY PLAN PRICE"+"MONTHLY LINE PRICE" total. Remember, that's essentially the same plan that TW sells for $45. A GOOD STEWARD would use TW and send the $29.90 difference ($74.90-$45) to charity, compared to the measly $2.50 that Charity Wireless will send while charging 66.4% MORE for essentially the same service!

With such outrageously high prices, and SO LITTLE going to charity, it's hard not to think that Charity Mobile is just trying to scam unsuspecting people!

Finally, who does Charity Mobile pay the majority of the money they collect from customers for service? VERIZON, who Charity Mobile claims "support questionable causes and agendas"!

Feedback Score
    It also seems deceptive to advertise that you can direct the money to the "charity of your choice," when you are limited to charities they have chosen. Remember, they advertise themselves as "The Only Pro-Life Mobile Phone Company."

According to a listing at catholicbusinesspages.com: "Charity Mobile allows you to support one of over 2,000 charities by sending 5% of your talk plan's monthly cost to the charity of your choice." According to the Charity web site, you can suggest a group, but: "Charity Mobile, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any particular beneficiary or charity."

The web site has a field you can enter to see if your chosen charity meets their approval. Salvation Army? Nope. The non-profit Planned Parenthood? No way! Billy Graham Association? Nope. YMCA? No. Lutheran World Relief? No, not good enough for them.

Instead, it's groups like Prolife Across America, which pays for billboards of babies saying "What? I could feel pain before I was born?" and the American Life League, which opposes the use of contraception and says birth-control pills are "recreational drugs."

So, it's more like you can direct money to the charity of "their" choice.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    It also seems deceptive to advertise that you can direct the money to the "charity of your choice," when you are limited to charities they have chosen. Remember, they advertise themselves as "The Only Pro-Life Mobile Phone Company."

According to a listing at catholicbusinesspages.com: "Charity Mobile allows you to support one of over 2,000 charities by sending 5% of your talk plan's monthly cost to the charity of your choice." According to the Charity web site, you can suggest a group, but: "Charity Mobile, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any particular beneficiary or charity."

The web site has a field you can enter to see if your chosen charity meets their approval. Salvation Army? Nope. The non-profit Planned Parenthood? No way! Billy Graham Association? Nope. YMCA? No. Lutheran World Relief? No, not good enough for them.

Instead, it's groups like Prolife Across America, which pays for billboards of babies saying "What? I could feel pain before I was born?" and the American Life League, which opposes the use of contraception and says birth-control pills are "recreational drugs."

So, it's more like you can direct money to the charity of "their" choice.
    Yeah these charity mobiles are using religion to support agendas of "their" choice, not ours.

I'll pass on these craptastic outfits and donate directly myself thus avoiding all the gimmicks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    Yeah these charity mobiles are using religion to support agendas of "their" choice, not ours.

I'll pass on these craptastic outfits and donate directly myself thus avoiding all the gimmicks
    I'm not knocking their stated beliefs. Obviously, Charity Mobile is free to espouse and promote their own beliefs.

I'm just afraid Charity Mobile is taking advantage of a stance to make a LOT of money, at least compared to their competition, while giving comparatively VERY LITTLE to charity, while at the same time SUPPORTING the very network they claim "support questionable causes and agendas" with THEIR customers' fees!

If Charity Mobile was approximately the same cost as an average MVNO for the same service, but chose to donate their profits to charity, my comments would pretty much be the opposite of what they are.

But as it is now, it seems like Charity Mobile is trying to take advantage of a particular part of the population.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    But as it is now, it seems like Charity Mobile is trying to take advantage of a particular part of the population.
    No change since the first round with this company.

And like before the price of convenience is high.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5