Thread: Obihai 100 won't work soon?

Feedback Score

Obihai 100 won't work soon?

I forgot that my Obihai related e-mails go to an address that I rarely check. I happened to look at it and see that it says my 100 will stop working soon due to the changes with Google voice. It recommends purchasing the 200. I am betting the sale for that is over, but I am going to check that out.

Hmmn, just looked at the 200 on newegg and it says google voice right on it. Is it upgraded in some way? Looks like it is $49 now

ETA: Just read the previous thread asking about replacing a 100 with a 200. I still am not really having problems with my 100. I did get a couple of notifications for updates, but can also check the website periodically if that helps. OTOH, I dont want the 100 to just stop working suddenly.

Is purchasing the 200 what others recommend? I use mine for a landline type phone that I do still need. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, you're going to have to switch over to a new one. There's no firmware for the 100 that will make it work with the new setup (SIP based). $49 is the regular Newegg price I believe. Fingers crossed that you may run across a sale before any deadline arrives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    I forgot that my Obihai related e-mails go to an address that I rarely check. I happened to look at it and see that it says my 100 will stop working soon due to the changes with Google voice. It recommends purchasing the 200. I am betting the sale for that is over, but I am going to check that out.

Hmmn, just looked at the 200 on newegg and it says google voice right on it. Is it upgraded in some way? Looks like it is $49 now

ETA: Just read the previous thread asking about replacing a 100 with a 200. I still am not really having problems with my 100. I did get a couple of notifications for updates, but can also check the website periodically if that helps. OTOH, I dont want the 100 to just stop working suddenly.

Is purchasing the 200 what others recommend? I use mine for a landline type phone that I do still need. Thank you!
    Obi says that they will not update the 100s to work with the new SIP version of GV. You could still use it with GV forwarding and free incoming calls with Callcentric. Callcentric is pretty cheap for a few outgoing calls. Don't know about porting numbers to CC for outgoing.

The ones NewEgg is selling may not be updated yet, but any 200 will update to the new firmware if you put it online with obi.

NewEgg has them on sale occasionally. I hope you can get one on sale before the 100 stops working.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses!

To gamble for $15 or not...hmmn, not sure what I will do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    Thanks for the responses!

To gamble for $15 or not...hmmn, not sure what I will do.
    I notice 200s on sale about twice a year, usually at NewEgg. The most recent sale was just recently when it was announced that 100s would become obsolete for use with GV. Maybe try setting one of those price tracker things.

The Obi sales at NewEgg tend to be limited quantities. When I got mine a couple of years ago they went out of stock quickly - within a couple of days IIRC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I notice 200s on sale about twice a year, usually at NewEgg. The most recent sale was just recently when it was announced that 100s would become obsolete for use with GV. Maybe try setting one of those price tracker things.

The Obi sales at NewEgg tend to be limited quantities. When I got mine a couple of years ago they went out of stock quickly - within a couple of days IIRC.
    Thanks. Hmmn, doesnt sound to hopeful...and its the same price at Amazon with prime, which I have.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Good Obi200 sale:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_adapter.html

Obihai Technology OBi200 VoIP Phone Adapter with T.38 Fax Connection B&H # OBI200 •MFR # OBI200

$29.98 + Free Shipping ($59.95 - 50% With On-Page Coupon)

That's a really good price and (I think) a new recent low!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Good Obi200 sale:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_adapter.html

Obihai Technology OBi200 VoIP Phone Adapter with T.38 Fax Connection B&H # OBI200 •MFR # OBI200

$29.98 + Free Shipping ($59.95 - 50% With On-Page Coupon)

That's a really good price and (I think) a new recent low!
    When I made the above post, it showed a 50% discount at the above link. Unfortunately, the coupon has been lowered to a 33% discount. Too bad they reduced it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    When I made the above post, it showed a 50% discount at the above link. Unfortunately, the coupon has been lowered to a 33% discount. Too bad they reduced it!
    Thanks for posting this.

Ugh, I had a very busy work day and just saw this very recently. I checked a little while ago and the discount was not there at all. Checked again now the website is down. I will keep checking.

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    Does the change to SIP type service mean that an Obitalk is no longer needed for google voice, and that like any other SIP phone could work with it?

This is more for the future than current, I use an Obi 2xx something with 2 lines and am happy with it but would like to add more. Just wondering if I should save up for another Obi or if things will work with general SIP phones soon.