Thread: What allows VoLTE on PPC?

Feedback Score

What allows VoLTE on PPC?

I have a Droid Maxx 2 that maybe a month ago I noticed I was able to do VoLTE on PPC. I'm assuming PP or Verizon has just recently allowed Verizon to Verizon calls to be HD capable barring that the phones are capable. My wife has a Moto E4 plus which will not do HD calling in PP. There is no option for it in the settings.

My question is what is stopping the E4 plus from having VoLTE? Obviously it has the right LTE bands I would assume, is it only software related?

I would like to maybe upgrade to the E5 plus but being picky would want HD calling. I'm wondering how you could tell before hand if it will have HD calling or not? THANKS

Feedback Score
    There is a discussion of VoLTE (HD Voice) on the TracFone forum. This is a recent event, and I was curious if PPC was also enabled by Verizon. I have a friend with a Verizon Galaxy S5 that was found to have Advanced Calling toggled on. Not sure if it actually works, so will test it next visit.

Not sure why your Moto E4 Plus would not be capable. I checked this out in a Verizon store for the E4 and E4 Plus, and they did have the menu settings for Advanced Calling. Maybe because the phones were active on Verizon? My Verizon G4 Play does not have the menu setting either, but it is SIM swapped and not direct on Verizon.

Is your E4 Plus is an unlocked version (instead of Verizon version)? This is early and there is a lot to sort out with this subject.

Feedback Score
    Yes it is an unlocked, purchased on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrogers84 View Post
    Yes it is an unlocked, purchased on Amazon.
    Hate to say it, but the unlocked Moto models may lack some features the Verizon models have. Some other VoLTE capable phones are working on Verizon HD Voice like you saw.

I am surprised that the VoLTE question has had little attention in this forum. Don't people know that at end of 2019 only HD Voice capable phones will be able to make calls? 2G/3G Verizon is being shut down. Verizon was scheduled to stop activating 3G and non-VoLTE phones end of this month, but that was moved ahead to end of this year.

Feedback Score
    I would say it was moved back to the end of the year vs moved ahead .. . Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    .. . . Verizon was scheduled to stop activating 3G and non-VoLTE phones end of this month, but that was moved ahead to end of this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I would say it was moved back to the end of the year vs moved ahead .. . Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
    Sorry...wrong terminology. It is the end of the year.