Thread: Advice for negotiating with master dealer

Feedback Score

Advice for negotiating with master dealer

Hey guys,
    I have a meeting next week with a master dealer to open a T-Mobile store. I’ve never had a store before... Always just been a top sales rep working for sub-dealers. What kind of advice can you give me on how to negotiate a good deal? What can I expect? What’s the average commission payouts nowadays? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Anthony

Feedback Score
    I don't think you should have these questions before the meeting. The other side should have provided these answers already.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Feedback Score

Advice for negotiating with master dealer

Non-disclosure agreement...Can’t tell you Just bring a pile of cash because it costs a bunch to open a store.....

Long time ago I attended a new dealer open house for MetroPCS....as I sold pre-paid for a short while. Got out of Pre-paid though as well...only way prepaid works is for people to buy them off the shelf...

Just make sure you have lots of traffic to the store and solid revenue predicted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I don't think you should have these questions before the meeting. The other side should have provided these answers already.
    The other side isn't going to provide answers to how you're to negotiate a good deal with them. For that you would need the expertise of someone already in that position. That appears to be the info the OP is looking for.

The other thing to do is to meet with more than one master dealer and compare their proposals.

Feedback Score
    You are right. I didn't delineate my thoughts.

I think a commissions schedule should be made available beforehand. Not like MLM BS, You can make a bazillion dollars a day. More like our successful stores average x% comission, yada yada.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I think a commissions schedule should be made available beforehand.
    That I completely agree with.