Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SafeLink phone works, but does not show phone number, and cannot set up an account

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Question SafeLink phone works, but does not show phone number, and cannot set up an account

So I got a T-Mobile-based SafeLink "Bring your own phone" SIM card kit, and installed it in a T-Mobile-branded LG K30.

All basic functions work, except for these 3:

• I cannot see my phone number in settings (see here).
    • I can't enable WiFi calling ("ER081 Unable to connect").
    • When I looked for a SafeLink app in the Google Play store, it redirected me to the TracFone 'My Account' app. I tried to set up an account through it, but could not. It asked me for my SIM card number, which I entered twice, double checking each time. The app said that it could not be found.

What's with these odd issues?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
    So I got a T-Mobile-based SafeLink "Bring your own phone" SIM card kit, and installed it in a T-Mobile-branded LG K30.

• When I looked for a SafeLink app in the Google Play store, it redirected me to the TracFone 'My Account' app. I tried to set up an account through it, but could not. It asked me for my SIM card number, which I entered twice, double checking each time. The app said that it could not be found.

Use Tracfone Chat, they are trained for Safelink issues since it is Tracfone service.

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Use Tracfone Chat, they are trained for Safelink issues since it is Tracfone service.
    I'd much rather talk to people here to support issues, who are much more understandable.

Besides, this is a user support forum is it not? Not just a referral to use Tracfone support chat?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I'd much rather talk to people here to support issues, who are much more understandable.

Besides, this is a user support forum is it not? Not just a referral to use Tracfone support chat?
    We don't have the same level of knowledge about Safelink issues like we do with Tracfone service.

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    We don't have the same level of knowledge about Safelink issues like we do with Tracfone service.
    Fine, treat it as TracFone service, since that's pretty much what it is, with a branding change.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    You seem stubborn about trying to actually get your issues fixed.

Anyway...good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You seem stubborn about trying to actually get your issues fixed.
    Because I have absolutely no faith in the ability of a TracFone rep to be able to competently help me with any of my issues.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    But what can it hurt to try?

The only thing I can say is that there have been other reports that some devices don't properly display the phone # when a T-Mo SIM is being used.

Regarding the TracFone My Account App, all I know if that there have been very few, and maybe none recently, reports of it not working for TF customers. If you're inputting the correct info, then I'm not sure anyone here can help since you're using SafeLink.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Regarding the TracFone My Account App, all I know if that there have been very few, and maybe none recently, reports of it not working for TF customers. If you're inputting the correct info, then I'm not sure anyone here can help since you're using SafeLink.
    I see no reason why the TracFone My Account app should work for SafeLink. They are very different account types, and not even the same between states.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I see no reason why the TracFone My Account app should work for SafeLink. They are very different account types, and not even the same between states.
    Yeah, that's why I'm saying that TF CS needs to be contacted.

Carrier(s)
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    When I searched for "Safelink" in the Google Play store, TracFone's "My Account" was the number 1 result returned, with nothing Safelink-specific further down. That is why I tried it.

Also, as far as I am aware, Safelink is one of the many sub-brands of TracFone.

Feedback Score
    Fine, treat it as TracFone service, since that's pretty much what it is, with a branding change.
    No, SafeLink is not the same as TracFone for service details. One is a monthly allotment, and the other pay-as-you-go. Entirely different rules.

Just found out there is SafeLink online Chat. Contact Us at the bottom of the main page, and the familiar red flag appears.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I applied for SafeLink and it looks like it may be approved. Has been difficult getting my documentation accepted...typical TracFone secrecy and ineptness. This is the CA plan which has unlimited T&T and 2GB data. I only want it for talk, as that has been the weakness with TF service. Not sure which phone they will send. T-Mobile signal is OK where I live, which is the only place it will get used.

Device(s)
    Moto Tundra VA76r
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular-AT&T NoVa
    Feedback Score
    Safelink Tracfone text 611611 put APN in text see what happens...good luck CS sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

The TracFone "My Account" app is what you will use for Safelink also.

I think you have to go to TracFone website and set up an account before you will be able to use the app. Once you set up the account there will be an option somewhere, can't remember where, in your account to add a phone or SIM card number. After you do that the TracFone My Account app should work, you just have to login to the app with the same phone number and password you used when you setup the TracFone account. The next time you login to the app you will only have to use your password.
    ~~Teresa ~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast