Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    317
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

    If I insert SIM card from Verizon post-paid plan into unlocked Xfinity Mobile phone (LG X Charge), will it work?

    Do I need to call Verizon for this change?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You should just try it. You might need to go online and also update the MEID for the active line on the Verizon account to the new unlocked "Xfinity LG X Charge" MEID. I had Verizon a while back and that was all that was required. If it was AT&T or T-Mobile simply moving the sim is all that is required. But for Verizon and Sprint they need to get the CDMA piece to activate so going on-line or calling it in is the additional step. As far as I know, there aren't that many SIM-only/VoLTE devices (without CDMA) on Verizon where simply swapping the sim might be all that is required.

    Also, how do you know the Xfinity device has been unlocked? That's a fairly new device which being on Xfinity means it works on the Verizon network. Have you gone thru the formal process of getting Xfinity to unlock and "whitelist" the device for use on Verizon? What's the process?That would seem important. Or did you get an unlock code from a third-party? If you simply got it unlocked by a third-party, not Verizon or Xfinity, I'm not sure the phone will be whitelisted to be used on Verizon proper.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    317
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_8 View Post
    Also, how do you know the Xfinity device has been unlocked? That's a fairly new device which being on Xfinity means it works on the Verizon network. Have you gone thru the formal process of getting Xfinity to unlock and "whitelist" the device for use on Verizon? What's the process?That would seem important. Or did you get an unlock code from a third-party? If you simply got it unlocked by a third-party, not Verizon or Xfinity, I'm not sure the phone will be whitelisted to be used on Verizon proper.
    I have gone through formal process with XM customer service and verified unlock status by inserting T-Mobile SIM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Great. Should work on Verizon. Here's the online tool for checking compatibility: https://www.verizonwireless.com/pros...e#/checkDevice (it should pass)

    Keep us posted.

    Also, mind sharing the general process for getting devices unlocked by Xfinity Mobile? Did you first) pay device off entirely, second) then wait a specific number of days or was it unlocked immediately (after getting emailed an unlock code?), lastly) then you tested on T-Mobile? Was it an on-line chat request, call or email?

    Hope all goes smooth after you call or see if you can swap the device online.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,219
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Verizon SIM in Xfinity Mobile phone

    Quote Originally Posted by 8_8 View Post
    Great. Should work on Verizon. Here's the online tool for checking compatibility: https://www.verizonwireless.com/pros...e#/checkDevice (it should pass)

    Keep us posted.

    Also, mind sharing the general process for getting devices unlocked by Xfinity Mobile? Did you first) pay device off entirely, second) then wait a specific number of days or was it unlocked immediately (after getting emailed an unlock code?), lastly) then you tested on T-Mobile? Was it an on-line chat request, call or email?

    Hope all goes smooth after you call or see if you can swap the device online.
    I managed to fool customer service into unlocking my phone before it was paid off. I simply lied and said that I was going over seas and that I needed the sim slot unlocked. Although it depends on who you talk to as well. So this method may or may not work try at your own risk. I guarantee nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    XM's device unlocking process has greatly improved following their recent system migration. Customers no longer need to submit device/acct details via email and then play the waiting game. If the device is active in the system, it takes 24 hours for completion after calling to request the unlock. The process is different if the line is deactivated. Without a connection to the device the engineering team has to take over and we're back to the waiting game.
    As for Xfinity Mobile, for such a young company they are doing remarkably well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,119
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I simply lied and said that I was going over seas and that I needed the sim slot unlocked.
    They could unlock it just the international SIM's. I guess they didn't know better... or they could just blacklist the IMEI later, for non payment.

    For example Ting knows about this: https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/artic...MA-SIM-Unlock-

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Xfinity no longer unlocks for international trips if the device is not paid off. This must if been awhile back?

Similar Threads

  1. Platinumtel sim in T-mobile phone - it works!
    By fv22652 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
  2. T-Mobile USA Sim in T-Mobile U.K. Phone?
    By directconnected in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
  3. tmobile sim in boost mobile phone
    By adjatay in forum Boost Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 01:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks